+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High School Baseball

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Re: High School Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    He was not the starting QB at WM as a 15 year old freshman. I suppose they may have started him against Pineville for obvious reasons. It's not at all unusual for 15 year old freshman to be playing football in the LHSAA. It's not unusual for a 19 year old to play as a senior in the LHSAA. More fun to pile on WM right?

I never said he'd be successful in the NFL. I said he was successful in the SEC.
    You do see 18-year old seniors on the football field in their senior season. It's not unusual, but I wouldn't say it's the norm.

One example: I was told that when STM won its first state championship in 2017 that entering the season they had one 18-year old senior on the roster along with two seniors that were still 16. The administrator who gave me that info said that the Catholic schools in south Louisiana had similar numbers. Even John Curtis, in the past decade, has had far fewer 18 and 19-year olds than in previous decades.

Also, Nic Brown was on Fox's afternoon drive show in Ruston a few weeks ago. He indicated the LHSAA was going back to allowing the hold back decision to be made in the 8th grade. For more than a decade the decision to hold a student back in junior high had to be made in either the 5th or 6th grade. That dramatically curtailed the hold backs at West Monroe and John Curtis.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

It made very little difference at WM. That rule has been around for 20 years or more. 99% of WM “hold back” decisions were made in 1st grade. You got some bad stats. FWIW WM has had many 16 year olds playing football as a senior.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It made very little difference at WM. That rule has been around for 20 years or more. 99% of WM “hold back” decisions were made in 1st grade. You got some bad stats. FWIW WM has had many 16 year olds playing football as a senior.
    Copy that
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread