+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wall of Honor

Puppy pharmdawg is an unknown
    Someone else brought this up BH (before hacker). I thought it was a great idea and should be explored.Think of all the great players we have had. Other schools have a ring of honor around their stadiums. I don't think our stadium is set up for this, no place to place the names where they can be seen without being blocked from view. One of the end zones would be best but where and what it should be is a question that should be looked into.

Puppy baritone_dawg is an unknown
    I would tend to agree, I think that it would look awesome out there with our greats set up. It's something that could really be identified with our school.

But how to go about it....

:? :? :?

Puppy stephch2 has turned a few heads around herestephch2 has turned a few heads around here stephch2's Avatar
    Why not take those infamous "blue footballs" and attach them to the fence next to the field house. Then maybe paint a big "WAC" and the State/T on the hill.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    pharmdawg... I believe this is what you are thinking about:

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Hey, DollarDawg! This is a reprint of a post I put on another thread. I don't want this idea to get lost in the MILLIONS of threads. Please read!

If you want to impress the TV gods --and do something different-- why not build an outdoor "Wall of Fame" on the grassy noll that faces the west stands? It would be a permanent granite or stone fixture --not some temporary crap like the blue footballs you saw Saturday. The Wall of Fame would have the names (and the years they played at Tech) of all the TRULY great and elite Tech players on it. It would be similar to the Dallas Cowboys "Ring of Honor" in Texas Stadium and could be illuminated at night with lights.

I'm telling you this thing would be a magnet for the TV cameras. Every time a game is played at Aillet, this Wall of Fame will get maximum exposure, thereby further educating the TV viewer of Louisiana Tech's outstanding football history.

Just imagine Tech's Wall of fame boasting such famous football names as Terry Bradshaw, Tim Rattay, Willie Roaf, Fred Dean, Roger Carr, Pat Tilley, Trey Junkin, Chris Boniol, Doug Robinson, etc..... We could make it the most famous "Wall" in college football. The names will be in BIG bold letters and easy to read from the west stands.

Today, when people speak of "between the hedges" (Georgia), or "The Big House" (Michigan), or "Death Valley" (Clemson), or the "Horse Shoe" (Ohio State), EVERYBODY immediately identifies with those schools. In time, and with a little luck, Joe Aillet Stadium could become synomous with THE WALL. ("You know, that's the stadium with that Wall of Fame in the end zone")

I can't think of a single reason why this wouldn't work. It's CHEAP, it's UNIQUE, it's CLASSY and it's much better than what we have today.

HD

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    And also this...

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFanInHous
    The Stadium at Princeton has a series of columns around the back of the endzone with a concrete 'facade' (I think that is what it is called) on top forming a ring or completeing the bowl effect, depending on how you look at it, that would be perfect for a 'ring of honor' or list of football greats.

It would take us putting up several brick columns, that could be used to list championship teams and lettermen/letterwomen in all sports( I saw this at the "Big House" in Ann Arbor

Puppy pharmdawg is an unknown
    These were the messages I was referring to. These are 2 great ideas. Has any one got another? I had thought of placing a wall under the stands on the west side.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Also, it would be great if someone cleaned up the water fountains on the east side.

+ Reply to Thread