+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bicknell Concerned About Turnovers

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    In case you missed it, this may be the most enlightening article of the young 2002 season.

Bicknell Concerned About Turnovers
    Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2002
    RUSTON - Louisiana Tech head coach Jack Bicknell is experiencing a little d?j? vu these days.

The fourth-year Bulldog boss seems to be reliving the 2000 season when Tech ranked nearly last in the nation in turnover margin. Through the first four games of this year, Tech has forced only four turnovers while committing 11, including seven interceptions.

"The turnover margin is a big disappointment," Bicknell said. "It's just driving me crazy. The key to any game is the turnovers. We have to do a better job of protecting the football, and we have to try to come up with them on defense."

During the 2000 season, the Bulldogs committed 42 turnovers as a team while struggling to a 3-9 mark. However, that was when Tech signal caller Luke McCown was a true freshman struggling to grasp the Bulldogs complex pass-happy offense.

McCown, now a junior with 24 games under his belt, has thrown seven interceptions in four games. And although a number of the interceptions are not completing the Jacksonville, Texas, native's fault, he said he still has to do a better job protecting the football.

"(My interceptions) are the only way we turn the ball over," McCown said. "We don't run it enough to fumble. Generally, if you turn the ball over more than one time, you lose the game. Turnovers most of the time equal points. It is on my shoulders, and that's one thing I have to get better at ... decision making."

In McCown's 23 career starts heading into this weekend's showdown with Texas A&M, the Bulldogs are 11-0 when he throws zero or one interception while Tech is 0-12 if McCown throws two or more.
    The Bulldogs defense has also failed to force its opponent to turn the football over as Tech has recorded four fumble recoveries and zero interceptions.

"I've tried to analyze forcing turnovers," Bicknell said. "It just seems like some years you have a defense that comes up with them and other years you don't. Hopefully, we can start forcing some more turnovers."

Senior defensive lineman Brandon Avance said that although he has no explanation for the lack of turnovers gained.

"We always want to get turnovers," Avance said. "That's always our goal. Sometimes they come to you and sometimes they don't. There is nothing to explain it. We need to come out and hit harder I guess. Hopefully we will get some this week."
    ________
    Colorado Marijuana Dispensary
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    It is scary how many times I have read those same thoughts here on BB&B.

Let's hope they all learned something at Clemson and Penn State.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    Once again, Jackie B has been lurking, carefully reading his critics, enlightened opinions and has finally seen the light!!! He admits that Luke has caused all our losses with his stupid decisions to throw the ball to our opponents!!

He has Luke in a 12 step program for Turnover Rehab!!

I am certain that Conroy has been enrolled in the "no more dink" class, as well as the "use your imagination" program as well!!

This just in, Zach Johnson has been lured away from his future in the NBA, to come and be an all american D lineman to help stop the POTENT Aggie offense!! :wink:

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    Next we need to lure Tiger into coming to play tight end. :lol: He'll have a year of elligibility left for football after he completes basketball.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    I am impressed with the way Luke always shoulders responsibility for the offense's poor performance. Hopefully after Saturday he'll get to take some credit for a fine offensive showing against a really tough Aggie defense.

+ Reply to Thread