+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Jumbo Tron needs new management!!

Puppy Tech80 has turned a few heads around hereTech80 has turned a few heads around hereTech80 has turned a few heads around here

The Jumbo Tron needs new management!!

Dear God, please send lightning to strike this monster and kill it. It has become an obnoxious crutch for filling time. To me it is ruining the game experience. I’ll shut up now.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: The Jumbo Tron needs new management!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech80 View Post
    Dear God, please send lightning to strike this monster and kill it. It has become an obnoxious crutch for filling time. To me it is ruining the game experience. I’ll shut up now.
    And turn down the speakers.

Puppy Tech80 has turned a few heads around hereTech80 has turned a few heads around hereTech80 has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    and turn down the speakers.
    please!!

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

It epitomizes Tech in being broken and misused.

Yeah but 50 years ago Tech had some really big time NFL players.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Tech doesn’t even honor all of their hall of fame players.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

The DJ is going to get us flagged for unsportsmanlike. He is terrible to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    The DJ is going to get us flagged for unsportsmanlike. He is terrible to boot.
    He is the worst!!

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

I heard the jumbotron gets demolished Dec 2nd.

If they blew it up tomorrow we wouldn’t miss it for the rest of the year… not that there’ll be many people in the seats to see it gone.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Send the DJ home. Turn the volume on the board down. Let the band play!

The screechy overmodulated board sound kept my wife covering her ears most of the first quarter. She left me and went home in the second quarter, unable to stand it anymore.

It's time for a change. If we have to endure pain like that to watch a game, I'm not sure it's worth it. Tech, please do something.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Last night was first time we’d been in awhile. Y’all are absolutely correct. The DJ needs to let the football game experience happen. That crap is ridiculous.

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

It's been that way for years. I've complained to the "powers" and nothing has changed. It's just gotten worse. Unfortunately, Louisiana Tech has become a legend in its own mind. Small time. Not worthy of support. I fell off the wagon a number of years ago and I don't see myself ever jumping back on. It's a shame. What could have been. We had a chance. Tech blew it. I don't see Louisiana Tech recovering from this train wreck.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCSDAWG View Post
    It's been that way for years. I've complained to the "powers" and nothing has changed. It's just gotten worse. Unfortunately, Louisiana Tech has become a legend in its own mind. Small time. Not worthy of support. I fell off the wagon a number of years ago and I don't see myself ever jumping back on. It's a shame. What could have been. We had a chance. Tech blew it. I don't see Louisiana Tech recovering from this train wreck.
    I feel the same. ULM has absolute crap for facilities, but I went to watch them play Army, and I actually had a good time. Decided to give Tech another chance yesterday. The video board is in terrible shape, and the sound is like nails on a chalk board. I was proud of the improvements of the campus overall, but the game day atmosphere is absolutely awful.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

The next intern they hire to run next year's new videoboard operation needs to be a former student worker of the aTM or even MissState video boards. (You know Tech can't hire a full-time A/V employee (like, say, Grambling State).

Also, isn't it time we found an electric, roving on-field DJ personality (key word is "personality") to handle timeout promotions.

My final comment: The video board is IMAG...Image Magnification. All video shots should be closeups, not what I can see with my own two eyes in the stands. Of course with our limited video camera inventory usage, official video replay capabilities require wider shots, not closeups.

Remember, these were my ideas . . . when implemented.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread