+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 9/23 @ 2:30pm: Nebraska

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Re: 9/23 @ 2:30pm: Nebraska

[QUOTE=HogDawg;1850363]
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post

.......then it sure doesn't take much to kill the momentum for our players.
    Well, when you have to be perfect just to be in the game, and a call like that goes against you….it can set you back. Add on a waved off PI call. No doubt kids today don’t have near the mental fortitude of previous generations.

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    As usual you’re commenting on something other than what I said. I didn’t say one word about the team’s performance or about them losing by less than predicted. Whoopdido! What I said was that Cumbie is a stupid play caller when it matters most which is absolutely true. If you’re basing your happiness on Tech losing by less than predicted then why be a fan at all. There’s nothing achieving in losing. I assure you, my happiness is centered as far as possible from anything Tech.
    I am extremely happy to know that Niche named LA TECH the top public university in Louisiana and the Best Value College in the state. LSU was ranked second and ULL was third. When the private universities were lumped in with the public universities, LA TECH was ranked number 2. WOW1

U. S. News and World Report again ranked LA TECH as one of the best universities in the nation. WOW!

Of course, this POSITIVE news means nothing to the CCC boys. Why? Well, to begin with, it is POSITIVE--something their negative minds have a difficult time grasping.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I am extremely happy to know that Niche named LA TECH the top public university in Louisiana and the Best Value College in the state. LSU was ranked second and ULL was third. When the private universities were lumped in with the public universities, LA TECH was ranked number 2. WOW1

U. S. News and World Report again ranked LA TECH as one of the best universities in the nation. WOW!

Of course, this POSITIVE news means nothing to the CCC boys. Why? Well, to begin with, it is POSITIVE--something their negative minds have a difficult time grasping.
    This is the football forum….none of that has anything to do with the downward spiral of athletics at our beloved university.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    This is the football forum….none of that has anything to do with the downward spiral of athletics at our beloved university.
    My thoughts exactly. Sticking to the subject matters. Most times thought Sharky colors outside the lines.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Are you drunk, or did you not attend English class or well typing class? I read what I think you said, but you may want to read it over again and make some edits.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    LA TECH Is first and foremost an institution of higher education! Tech can exist without any athletics, but the athletics cannot exist without TECH.

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    Are you drunk, or did you not attend English class or well typing class? I read what I think you said, but you may want to read it over again and make some edits.
    I extend an invitation to you to make the edits. Tell me what you think I said. As Thomas Jefferson said, "Error of opinion may by tolerated where reason is left to combat it." Your reason is left to combat it. So have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Sticking to the subject matters. Most times thought Sharky colors outside the lines.
    If you think I color outside the lines, it is because I do not blindly accept the lines that you CCC boys continue to drone about.

Varsity Bulldog raam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of lightraam is a glorious beacon of light

"Let's move on to something of more importance, if in fact there is anything!" Bob Knight

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

LA TECH Is first and foremost an institution of higher education! Tech can exist without any athletics, but the athletics cannot exist without TECH.
    Yep! and this bunch is proving that right now.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I’m not sure this is true. Without the athletes, how many students would we lose? Well, the athletes, the small number of students who enjoy athletics as part of their experience. Band members? Would we lose enough students that programs/departments would have to be cut or closed? I’m sure Tech would survive, but not look like it does right now.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I’m not sure this is true. Without the athletes, how many students would we lose? Well, the athletes, the small number of students who enjoy athletics as part of their experience. Band members? Would we lose enough students that programs/departments would have to be cut or closed? I’m sure Tech would survive, but not look like it does right now.
    The schools that can make it without significant/any window athletics are schools which have such high quality academic departments that they can pull recruits and grant money at will. I don't think we have that freedom, particularly as a public university in Louisiana. Our student pool is not exactly top-weighted and we are not nearly as selective as we should be (not that we could afford to be).

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yep! and this bunch is proving that right now.
    How many gold stars will you give them?

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Well, it appears that the student body does not value the athletic department very highly because they voted against an increase in the athletic fee increase.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Well, it appears that the student body does not value the athletic department very highly because they voted against an increase in the athletic fee increase.
    It’s been commented elsewhere that some professors cheated the vote by bribing the students with unearned extra credit if they voted against it. There you go with the value of academics acting unethically. I guess it just goes to show that the worst people to lead an educational institution are the unscrupulous eggheads.

+ Reply to Thread