+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 9/23 @ 2:30pm: Nebraska

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 9/23 @ 2:30pm: Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Game 5 the boat is built? It takes years to build a successful/ sustainable program. It’s all about vision/viewpoint/attitude/administration. Tech can develop a vision, we are at the bottom so the view is not good, lots of room for improvement/ can we improve? We need a new President that can see the potential and has the ability to influence and sell a new vision to people that have a pessimistic view of things.
    For this season, you have seen what we are. If a team is 3 scores worse than us, we will beat them by 2. That’s just my opinion of where we are. Do you honestly think we will see improvement the rest of the way or terrible competition?

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

28-14 isn't nearly as bad as it could or should have been.

Turner needs to find more options other than Allen and Harris. He needs to work on accuracy and receivers need to work on catching the ball.

Penalties are killing chances mostly because they seem to happen in inopportune times. Fix those, especially the stupid personal fouls and sideline encroachment.

There are pieces there that, if coach and team can get it together, we can pull off at least 5 wins with what remains.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

That spot fiasco, with (what should have been) the benefit of replay, was criminal.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    That spot fiasco, with (what should have been) the benefit of replay, was criminal.
    They looked at it, saw they were wrong, and upheld the decision. Not sure how that can be considered anything but fixed

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

The pass interference that they picked up the flag on was just as bad. I told my wife when they huddled up that they were going to do it, and they did.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I made the effort to check their game thread on their Rivals forum. There was unanimous opinion that Tech got screwed on that spot. They then were dumbfounded that we tried to go right at their best defensive player, their nose guard, on 4th and one.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    For a supposed passing offense Tech sure can’t catch the ball very well.
    Bone-afide-Dawg, you probably didn't invent CCC, but you have definitely managed to perfect it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Stayed in the game for the most part. Beat the spread. Whatever...

I'm still seething over the total S show our HC put together last week against a HORRIBLE team.

We are still 1-0 in conference and our record is about what most of us thought it would be right now.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Not saying much but Turner is better than Bachmeirer. (sp?). Turner's long throws are awful, they float like punts, but he did complete a couple and we got shafted on a couple of non-DPI calls...oh, one was called but then changed.

The game was lost when it was 14-7 and we got absolutely screwed on that spot at their 27...excuse me, their 28, although we had actually reached the 27. It was an obvious first down when it happened live, even more obvious in the replay. Then a STUPID QB sneak...my dogs were screaming at the TV, WTF!!! they said. But then, lost in the moment of the stupid call, the refs managed to screw us again by placing the ball back on the 29. Not that it mattered, but they wanted to twist the knife some more and gave us a 1 1/2 yard loss on that play. Oh, not to say we wouldn't have lost anyway, but that key losing moment would have come later, as it was, the robbery of the spot at that point = Game Over.

I am on record as saying Coach Crummy ain't got it. He didn't show me anything yesterday to cause me to reconsider. Yo! Crummy here's a freebie, pump fake that STUPID WR screen to Smoke and then have him go up field. The opposing DBs are jumping that play and they will bite on it. We ran plays like that when we were 10 playing touch football on a vacant lot.

CUSA is so pathetic, surely, we'll manage another couple of wins. I am staying on 4-8 prediction.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

You’d think that by how Cumbie calls plays that he doesn’t know who the other team is, who their players are or that he’s even watching what’s going on in the game. I sure wish I’d counted up the number of times he called an obvious wrong play for a particular situation. Just guessing I’d say it’s at least 8 and that’s in every game. Like I and many others have said his 4th down gambles and the plays he calls in those situations are downright stupid. About the only person probably jumping up and down with praise is Sharky.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

UNT and NSU were idle, but of our other opponents:

Liberty 38 FIU 6
    TCU 34 SMU 17

Not exactly ringing endorsements of how we faired against them.

BTW, I think it is stupid how SMU poses as "Dallas." Heck, just change the name of the school to the University of Dallas if you're ashamed of Southern Methodist University.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    You’d think that by how Cumbie calls plays that he doesn’t know who the other team is, who their players are or that he’s even watching what’s going on in the game. I sure wish I’d counted up the number of times he called an obvious wrong play for a particular situation. Just guessing I’d say it’s at least 8 and that’s in every game. Like I and many others have said his 4th down gambles and the plays he calls in those situations are downright stupid. About the only person probably jumping up and down with praise is Sharky.
    If you charter members of the Bulldog Barks and Bytes CCC Club gave an honest response, you would have to admit that the Dawgs performed much above your expectations yesterday. However, when you are so mired in the negative, it is impossible for you to do so. It appears to me that if you guys totally ignored Tech athletics your lives would be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    If you charter members of the Bulldog Barks and Bytes CCC Club gave an honest response, you would have to admit that the Dawgs performed much above your expectations yesterday. However, when you are so mired in the negative, it is impossible for you to do so. It appears to me that if you guys totally ignored Tech athletics your lives would be happier.
    Appears to me if the Tech Athletic Department(and the 16th Floor) would stop ignoring Tech athletics our lives would be happier.

As for the NU game, I had predicted 38-13, so yeah, the Dawgs faired a tad better. Yippee! as moral victories are the best we can hope for, I am thrilled today!

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    As usual you’re commenting on something other than what I said. I didn’t say one word about the team’s performance or about them losing by less than predicted. Whoopdido! What I said was that Cumbie is a stupid play caller when it matters most which is absolutely true. If you’re basing your happiness on Tech losing by less than predicted then why be a fan at all. There’s nothing achieving in losing. I assure you, my happiness is centered as far as possible from anything Tech.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

[QUOTE=eagle2180;1850332]
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Penalties:

LA Tech 8 for 63 yds
    Nebraska 6 for 55 yds

That difference is very insignificant.[/QUOTE

Poor spots and penalty wave offs aren’t reflected in your stats. Killed the momentum for the Dawgs.
    .......then it sure doesn't take much to kill the momentum for our players.

+ Reply to Thread