+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Northwestern State Football

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Northwestern State Football

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    When parents ask a head coach to handle a situation 3 days before something horrible happened and possibly could have been prevented and apparently nothing was done.
    Not a good look.
    Many people, myself included, blame the player himself and his parents more than any coach. Find yourself in a dangerous situation...REMOVE YOURSELF FROM IT! The player was, technically, a frickin' adult!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I blame the school and coaches.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Many people, myself included, blame the player himself and his parents more than any coach. Find yourself in a dangerous situation...REMOVE YOURSELF FROM IT! The player was, technically, a frickin' adult!
    The player is a kid that looked to his parents and coach for help. He did not get the help he needed. The athletic department should not have had him living with someone other than another student. There are so many things that happened that NSU will end up paying for here. This was horrible all around. I don't understand why the parents didn't get him out, but then he may have believed the coach when he promised to take care of it immediately. There obviously are things we may be missing, but this is terrible. You can blame whoever you want, but the courts will rightfully put the blame on the coach and NSU.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I don't agree with terming it as "rightfully" but yeah, given our messed up judicial system NSU's insurance company will be writing a check, and some scumbag lawyers will come out okay too.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    The player is a kid that looked to his parents and coach for help. He did not get the help he needed. The athletic department should not have had him living with someone other than another student. There are so many things that happened that NSU will end up paying for here. This was horrible all around. I don't understand why the parents didn't get him out, but then he may have believed the coach when he promised to take care of it immediately. There obviously are things we may be missing, but this is terrible. You can blame whoever you want, but the courts will rightfully put the blame on the coach and NSU.
    You are correct!!

Oh oh! all you "rightfully" so NSU is at fault....this should be interesting should a civil case go to trial. I wanna be on that jury.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Oh oh! all you "rightfully" so NSU is at fault....this should be interesting should a civil case go to trial. I wanna be on that jury.
    If they contacted the coach, he said he would do something, and he did nothing… yeah a bit of it falls on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    If they contacted the coach, he said he would do something, and he did nothing… yeah a bit of it falls on them.
    This is one part of NSU's defense, note how you focused on "the coach" three times you said HE and then, on my! switched to THEM.

But, that's only one part of the whole story.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

This is one part of NSU's defense, note how you focused on "the coach" three times you said HE and then, on my! switched to THEM.

So you think the Coach (He) and NSU (Them) are not going to be considered linked?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

So you think the Coach (He) and NSU (Them) are not going to be considered linked?
    Unless he ran it further up the chain because that was protocol, then no. I think it will stop with the coach, but it will still hurt the school. A prosecution will not get a way with, “they should have known” as an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Unless he ran it further up the chain because that was protocol, then no. I think it will stop with the coach, but it will still hurt the school. A prosecution will not get a way with, “they should have known” as an argument.
    How far up it goes seems to be a big part of the puzzle.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

It doesn't matter how far up it goes or even if it went nowhere. Their liability is vicarious because his actions (or in this case inaction) is imputed to them. Even if they knew nothing, his liability is their liability as their employee is most certainly liable. Additionally, I suspect he was afforded an indemnification agreement when hired that will cover him at their expense for his negligence and misconduct (e.g., failure to act).

So unless he is found grossly negligent/acted willfully and has a lot more money than I think he does, they will pay the lion's share of any settlement or judgment. All that to say: the taxpayers will get soaked because someone thought Laird capable of being the "VP - Football" and Bostian a good "COO - Athletics" at NSU. Based on the mess they are in, I ain't impressed.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Dawg80, has Dr. Marcus Jones exhibited any leadership regarding this mess? I have not seen anything from him or about him.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Dawg80, has Dr. Marcus Jones exhibited any leadership regarding this mess? I have not seen anything from him or about him.
    Dr. Jones has made public statements and was interviewed on a local radio show, saying it was a tough decision but there are things more important than football and the mental health of the players was his biggest concern. That is basically it.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

it will also be on the athletic department in general for placing a player in an apartment without the roommate being a student.

+ Reply to Thread