+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech Pointe I and II, purpose?

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Tech Pointe I and II, purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    Be nice to spend a little money for updating Reese Hall on south campus. Or south campus as a whole. Pretty insulting whats happening around bogard and the lack of what's happening on south campus.
    I attended classes regularly on south campus 30 years ago….nothing has improved since I left. Dairy is no more, vegetable garden is no more, sales room is barely open, conservatory in Lomax is dead. Used to have an annual Poinsettia show with Santa Claus at Lomax, it moved to Squire years ago, I didn’t hear anything about it this year. A vision for south campus has been lacking for decades. It’s unbelievable Tech leadership hasn’t seen the opportunities that exist there.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I was a Forestry major, spent a lot of time in Reese Hall and on South Campus. Took Agriculture Engineering and Horticulture classes out there too.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

You didn't mention the arboretum has also been abandoned. Ag Education got moved to College of Education some years ago. The equine program came and went. The Forestry program seems to be booming. Not much else left beyond that. The face of Louisiana agriculture has changed--for example, no dairies remain in N. La. All our milk comes from AZ, NM, CA. But there's so much potential for South Campus & Agriculture. More and more people are growing their own food or buying from small family operations. Tech's continuing education program is also pretty much gone but ag may be the place to revive it.

+ Reply to Thread