+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 11/9 WBB vs Louisiana Christian

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

11/9 WBB vs Louisiana Christian

Lets go Ladies today is an opportunity to improve!!! Everyday we step on the floor let's get better. I am not looking for what LC does or doesn't do but let's see if we can clean up our rebounding and stay dialed on both ends of the floor.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: 11/9 WBB vs Louisiana Christian

I prefer the old Louisiana College name. Not that I have an issue with "Christian" just that I'm a traditionalist and don't like too much change. That said I see LC has the daughter of some friends playing for them. Anyway, it's going to be a LONG season for the Techsters. We have nothing...

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Hmmmm we basically have same players from last year minus two players and I like the new additions. I think we will be fine. LC played a nice game today but then again we didn't play aggressive full court trapping but a couple minutes due to the game being out of hand.

Varsity Bulldog jbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the earsjbgood57 seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by philgarris View Post
    Hmmmm we basically have same players from last year minus two players and I like the new additions. I think we will be fine. LC played a nice game today but then again we didn't play aggressive full court trapping but a couple minutes due to the game being out of hand.
    Agreed – but out of hand or not, aren’t these first games the games that should be an opportunity to “practice” against real opponents other than ourselves and the “dream team”.

I agree but it is hard to not look like an a** if your trapping full court ahead by 40. I myself am glad we didn't roll the 120 to 30 which was possible if they have trapped the entire game.
    Guillory is an assassin from the three and she isn't afraid to take it off the dribble and go to the goal. We are solid on the bench if they are dressed they look like they will play and that is not something we have seen in past seasons I am excited to see us get Brannon back in the mix.
    I am expecting a big year from our post players. We should dominate the paint but they have to get mean out there and just battle.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Any chance to win the conference?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    Any chance to win the conference?
    Sure! the same as a snowball's chance in hell.

All depends on how healthy we stay as well as other teams. Liberty is very sound and patient they are talented we match up well on the perimeter with them.
    MTSU is a top 25 team without a doubt. They are tough and are gritty get after you for 40 minutes.
    WKU is going to progress Along as season goes they have talent it is just getting it all put together.
    We are in a battle for second but that doesn't mean we can't beat MTSU out of the gate MTSU is really impressive

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I prefer the old Louisiana College name. Not that I have an issue with "Christian" just that I'm a traditionalist and don't like too much change. That said I see LC has the daughter of some friends playing for them. Anyway, it's going to be a LONG season for the Techsters. We have nothing...
    Took me all of 5 mins watching and I knew we have nothing under the hood. The losses will pile up. I think in the W-L record thingy this will be the worst season in Techster history, because this is the worst team in Techster history.

Took me all of 5 mins watching and I knew we have nothing under the hood. The losses will pile up. I think in the W-L record thingy this will be the worst season in Techster history, because this is the worst team in Techster history.
    One of these days some of you will reluctantly admit, to yourself, that I know what the hell I am talking about. I take no pleasure in being right about bad things for Tech. But, I see no need to pretend things are okay, when they are not. Brooke and hubby need to be terminated. Not now, if there is any kind of stupid buyout clause. Let 'em play this out until the contract expires or it becomes not too expensive, then GO CHEAP! Hire a high school coach, pay her/him some minimum salary, maybe $50K, limit funding for assistants and other expenses, and commit the fabled Lady Techster hoops to history...which it is: history.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

One of these days some of you will reluctantly admit, to yourself, that I know what the hell I am talking about. I take no pleasure in being right about bad things for Tech. But, I see no need to pretend things are okay, when they are not. Brooke and hubby need to be terminated. Not now, if there is any kind of stupid buyout clause. Let 'em play this out until the contract expires or it becomes not too expensive, then GO CHEAP! Hire a high school coach, pay her/him some minimum salary, maybe $50K, limit funding for assistants and other expenses, and commit the fabled Lady Techster hoops to history...which it is: history.
    Didn't we just extend her contract again? 2026 or something

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Didn't we just extend her contract again? 2026 or something
    If so, I'd bet donuts to dimes she got a nice raise to boot.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Extended in June 2022 for two additional years through the 2025-26 season per LA Tech sports site.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Extended in June 2022 for two additional years through the 2025-26 season per LA Tech sports site.
    I’ve honestly never understood how extending contracts to coaches who’ve never won a conference championship is a good thing.

Tech has done it a bunch. Just did it with Lane Burroughs.

Using terrible metrics each time.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they extend Cumbie’s contract.

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    I’ve honestly never understood how extending contracts to coaches who’ve never won a conference championship is a good thing.

Tech has done it a bunch. Just did it with Lane Burroughs.

Using terrible metrics each time.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they extend Cumbie’s contract.
    LB won a conference championship, tourney played at USM. That was the conference tournament earning us the auto-bid. Don't recall if we also won the regular season title that year.

+ Reply to Thread