+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst Tech teams of all time...

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Worst Tech teams of all time...

I have been following Tech football for 30+ seasons, so not as long as some of you. I have been a season ticket holder for 23 seasons and never miss a game at home or on tv. Six teams stand out as the worst I have seen play and though they are certainly not the only losing seasons we have witnessed, these teams have just been bad, bad football teams. Here's my top 6 and I really don't believe recency bias plays into it. These last four seasons have been unwatchable. Here's my bottom 6 teams-#1 is the worst team in last 30 years but they have had some stiff competition!

1) 2023
    2) 2021
    3) 2006
    4) 2020
    5) 2013
    6) 2022

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Re: Worst Tech teams of all time...

Like many, I’ve been wondering where the greatest achievements and underachievements have been over the more recent years, so below are the presidential, athletic directors and coaches years of service and their wins/loses records. I suppose it’s debatable but to me the mass implosion began with the hiring of AD Wood. Whatever wasn’t exactly great before him took on a whole new stink since he was hired. In addition to that he hasn’t improved anything relevant to the fans’ experience that I can think of.

For as many people who aren’t very happy about Henderson being the new Tech president it may be the best thing that could happen to begin to heal the deep wound of what Tech athletics have become, IF he terminates Wood essentially immediately. With a new and truly competent AD hopefully all of Tech’s coaches will be put on serious notice that all of this losing crapola is unacceptable.

President Reneau (1987-2013) 146-152
    AD Miller (1986-1989) 11-21
    Coach Torbush (1987) 3-8
    Coach Peace (1988-1995) 40-44-4
    AD Stoval (1990-1993) 24-18
    AD Oakes (1994-2007) 77-85
    Coach Crowton (1996-1998) 21-13
    Coach Bicknell (1999-2006) 48-52
    Coach Dooley (2007-2009) 17-20
    AD Dooley (2008-2010) 17-20
    Coach Dykes (2010-2012) 22-15
    AD Van De Velde (2011-2012) 17-8

President Guice (2014-2023) 70-68
    AD McClelland (2013-2020) 61-41
    Coach Holtz (2013-2021) 64-50
    AD Wood (2021-2023) 9-27
    Coach Cumbie (2022-2023) 6-18

Three straight 3-9 seasons is the likes of which Tech hasn’t seen in its entire history of playing football.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Like many, I’ve been wondering where the greatest achievements and underachievements have been over the more recent years, so below are the presidential, athletic directors and coaches years of service and their wins/loses records. I suppose it’s debatable but to me the mass implosion began with the hiring of AD Wood. Whatever wasn’t exactly great before him took on a whole new stink since he was hired. In addition to that he hasn’t improved anything relevant to the fans’ experience that I can think of.

For as many people who aren’t very happy about Henderson being the new Tech president it may be the best thing that could happen to begin to heal the deep wound of what Tech athletics have become, IF he terminates Wood essentially immediately. With a new and truly competent AD hopefully all of Tech’s coaches will be put on serious notice that all of this losing crapola is unacceptable.

President Reneau (1987-2013) 146-152
    AD Miller (1986-1989) 11-21
    Coach Torbush (1987) 3-8
    Coach Peace (1988-1995) 40-44-4
    AD Stoval (1990-1993) 24-18
    AD Oakes (1994-2007) 77-85
    Coach Crowton (1996-1998) 21-13
    Coach Bicknell (1999-2006) 48-52
    Coach Dooley (2007-2009) 17-20
    AD Dooley (2008-2010) 17-20
    Coach Dykes (2010-2012) 22-15
    AD Van De Velde (2011-2012) 17-8

President Guice (2014-2023) 70-68
    AD McClelland (2013-2020) 61-41
    Coach Holtz (2013-2021) 64-50
    AD Wood (2021-2023) 9-27
    Coach Cumbie (2022-2023) 6-18

Three straight 3-9 seasons is the likes of which Tech hasn’t seen in its entire history of playing football
    I remember the slogan from years ago: "EMBRACE THE SUCK"!!! What I saw last night was even worse!!

Bulldog DD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her game

I miss the days of Prez FJ Taylor

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

dittos

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Looks to me like a lot of job openings at LA Tech Athletics Dept.

https://www.google.com/search?q=la+t...state=tldetail

Is this normal ??

Seems like kind of a bad time not to have a
    Director of Football Recruiting,
    what ??

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

I don't think you could leave out 1979 in a list of worst Tech teams.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

He was a lot nicer than I would be.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Henderson needs to clean house:

AD
    Football
    Mens and Womens Basketball
    Baseball

I wouldn't mind soccer being on that list as well. However, I know the main goal for the rest of the sports not in the first list, is don't be an absolute embarrassment and keep the grades up.

I know this is a double edged sword too, because you may not get the absolute most qualified person in the position, but.... Tech needs to staff the support positions we Tech people for a while. People that care about the university and not looking to make it a 2-3 experience/resume builder to move on to a bigger school. Like was said in the second post there is a very deep wound here and its going to take some extra effort and care to heal it. I also think as much damage that has been done by the last 2-3 athletic administrations to the fan and alumni, we need people who understand the culture of not just Tech but of our people as a whole.

True NATIONAL searches for your coaches and AD, but after that it needs to be a different approach. The other big obstacle is even for Tech people the pay is horrible for most positions. Which is one reason that always go the route they have. My wife and I would have loved to work at Tech, but there McClelland looked down his nose at my wife's interview and was honestly just an ass. People even called after the interview and apologized. We now both work for UT, albeit in different roles than we would have at Tech.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with your sentiment, but I think WBB and baseball will be the last ones to have any changes made at the top. Baseball has had too much relatice success under LB for him to have a short leash. A former player coaches WBB and I think has a lot of leash as well.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I went to grad school with Brooke, but I think what she has done is about all she is going to be able to do. I am not saying it's been a bad run, but obviously not great either.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish Brooke could be an assistant to a sure fire winner here. Keep things in the family to a degree.

Yeah, before they hired her, I would have liked to have seen something more than an assistant gig at Texas Tech and Northwestern being her biggest crucibles. I think the places she worked outside of us, weren't the best training grounds. I think she has done alright with mostly average talent, I just think it might be time to shake it up.

+ Reply to Thread