+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CFB Post Season

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

CFB Post Season

Any guesses on the four playoff teams? It will be interesting to see if the committee has the gonads to leave the SEC out, but I think they should. My Final Four is:

Michigan(1) vs. Florida State(4)
    Washington(2) vs. Texas(3)

I think Liberty should get the NY6 slot, but it wouldn't surprise me to see SMU leapfrog the Flames.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: CFB Post Season

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Any guesses on the four playoff teams? It will be interesting to see if the committee has the gonads to leave the SEC out, but I think they should. My Final Four is:

I think Liberty should get the NY6 slot, but it wouldn't surprise me to see SMU leapfrog the Flames.
    I agree with your bracket. Can’t wait to see SEC melt. I’m not sure the committee has the guts to exclude SEC.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Michigan(1) vs. Alabama (4)

Not surprised, just a tad disappointed in the committee.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Hoping Michigan and Washington win in blowout fashion.

It’s easy to hate both Bama and Texas

Liberty plays Oregon in the Fiesta Bowl! NY6 CUSA!, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post

I think it's gonna be Bama vs. Texas in the championship game. Not posting this to tweek ya, it's what I truly think based on performance on the field. Texas for sure, and because of their defense, Michigan could knock off Bama. But, that's Nick Saban on the sideline, so...

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post

No way would I pull for freaking Michigan or Washington.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

The real travesty is that Michigan received a spot.

How much of a cut does Tech get from Liberty’s bid to a NY6 bowl?

I have to admit that while I am not pleased with the what C-USA has become, it tickles the heck me that a downtrodden C-USA received a NY6 bowl bid before the Belch.

Varsity Bulldog dawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of lightdawg68 is a glorious beacon of light

FSU head coach Mike Norvell was a walkon receiver at Tech in 2000. Transferred to Central Arkansas the next year where he became their all time leading receiver. He played HS ball for Mike Barber in Dallas.
    BTW, it’s not what he wanted but playing UGA in a New Year’s Day game is a pretty good consolation prize.

Payout! The Fiesta is in the CFP revenue pool, so it won't be known how much Liberty/CUSA gets until it is all said and done. But, it's gonna be a nice payday.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    The real travesty is that Michigan received a spot.

How much of a cut does Tech get from Liberty’s bid to a NY6 bowl?

I have to admit that while I am not pleased with the what C-USA has become, it tickles the heck me that a downtrodden C-USA received a NY6 bowl bid before the Belch.
    Just curious...why? They are 13-0 and earned a spot in the Final Four.

But then...so did Florida State IMO

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Because they cheated (and got caught).

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    ...How much of a cut does Tech get from Liberty’s bid to a NY6 bowl?...
    Be interesting to see how much is left over after judy and the entire cusa staff awards themselves their big raises.

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Be interesting to see how much is left over after judy and the entire cusa staff awards themselves their big raises.
    Not to mention the fabulous week-long vacation to the bowl game, all expenses paid for Judy et al and their combined families. Hell, instead of a check we might get a bill!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's gonna be Bama vs. Texas in the championship game. Not posting this to tweek ya, it's what I truly think based on performance on the field. Texas for sure, and because of their defense, Michigan could knock off Bama. But, that's Nick Saban on the sideline, so...
    I just can’t get over Bama needing Auburn to beat themselves late in order to win. A good high school team could give Auburn fits this season. And Bama and UGA both looked very average to me this season. To me, it looked like on of those rare years where average SEC is not superior to good others. Admittedly, I have watched about 25% of the football this season compared to what I used to watch.

+ Reply to Thread