+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Texas A&M's defense is too fast for dink and screen

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    If we run these plays over and over, the A&M defense will eat our wide recievers up. A couple of plays over the middle will keep the defensive backs honest. IMHO.

Varsity Bulldog Papadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the ears Papadawg62's Avatar
    Me thinks you're right EJ. I'm no whiz at the game but I would try a deep ball right out of the chute. Maybe confuse the defense to start the game. If they blitz , try some quick sideline routes. Any thing to spread them out and slow that rush. :roll:

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I expect to hear lots of draw plays on Sat. we should spread them out and run until they are consistently stuffing us which may not be long. I'd like to see us give Moats the ball on a few draws and see what he can do with his speed, if we catch them in a blitz he might take one the distance. How great would that be! Moats is the first 100 yard rusher against A&M in two years thanks in large part to a 76 yd TD run!

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar
    How about a couple of out-&-up patterns to start. Make them think we're going short, pump fake, and let her fly!! 8O

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I like it. The Out and Up that is. Use it early. I wonder what our game plan will be against A&M. I have to admit I didn't think the coaches would come out throwing it like we did against PSU, I sure was hoping that's what we would do and we did. I thought we'd try and run a couple of times early just to show them but we started out spreading them out and let it fly. It seemed like we ran in the right spots against Penn St. and sometimes predictable ones- 2nd and one or 3rd and one but we still managed to get the necessary yardage for 1st down. Our play-action pass plays against PSU worked GREAT and I have always loved this. We had some, albeit small, run success against PSU and that helped but it only failed once to my knowledge and that was when Luke was scrambling and threw back across his body. Luke lined up under center and two different times I thought we're running and here comes the play action!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    [shadow=red:7ceccb1cb0] THROW DA BOMB BABY!!![glow=red:7ceccb1cb0] [/glow:7ceccb1cb0][/shadow:7ceccb1cb0]

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar
    The play action will definitely work IF Joe Smith can run for a couple of first downs early in the game. If they stuff him though, it won't work near as well!

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    EJ,

I think you are right on about your prediction. I picked up the paper on Sunday after the PSU game and there was a great quote by Coach B. I know we try not to mention names and things, but this was a classic:

" All this stuff we do works better against a lousy team, I can tell you." JBIII

DUH

I sat in the stands two plays before the first int of the 3rd quarter telling the PSU fans by me(who were pretty worried at that point) that we should quit all that short passing right under our goal post. His comment to me was that it was working and they couldn't stop it. I told him an int would kill us here (we had the momentum at the moment). Right after the int, he turned to me with a smile. And the rest is history. The bad thing was that Norwood was standing on the 50 all alone.

By the way, I wasn't that impressed with their buildings on the campus. The athletic facilites are amazing, but the other campus buildings are just there.

Hope to see you this weekend if this storm doesn't end up making me work this weekend.

Reddawg

+ Reply to Thread