+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Transfer

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: New Transfer

Best way to put the damper on the nil fiasco is for the universities to be required to administer the programs in-house. Then let the Title IX lawsuits begin. Most donors don't give a damn about most of the college sports, particularly most of the girly sports. Start spreading that nil money around, and the enthusiasm to contribute will wane.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

What’s happening now is not sustainable.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Perhaps he read this board for his first time, and based on the dominance of negative comments from the alleged cream of the Tech fan-base decided to get the heck out of Dodge!

The "cream" of our fan base left years ago when Skip was still taking us to bowl games but losing games in the 4th quarter to bad teams by playing not to lose.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I can’t decide if I want this to progress all the way to its logical conclusion by free market forces or if I want caps put in place. Will donors eventually put stipulations on their donations that the check only gets written after an expected level of performance is reached? Do other students start throwing a fit because these “student” athletes have academic or athletic scholarships as well as NIL money. (I’m not saying it’s justified, but I think they will.) Will donors demand the money back when a student transfers? Should we protect people from being stupid with their own money?
    Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Best way to put the damper on the nil fiasco is for the universities to be required to administer the programs in-house. Then let the Title IX lawsuits begin. Most donors don't give a damn about most of the college sports, particularly most of the girly sports. Start spreading that nil money around, and the enthusiasm to contribute will wane.
    I am opposed to redistribution schemes like Title IX

HOWEVER it's very disingenuous to pretend that this is an amateur sport when its in-all-but-name a semi-pro league for those who can afford to pay, with those who can't stuffed in as cannon fodder.

If you want to play the NIL game, your program needs to completely separate from the school. Don't pretend I'm stupid when the Longhorns and the Crimson Tide have obviously nothing to do with the University of Texas and the University of Alabama.

What we've already got (and will continue to deteriorate) is teams with NFL money playing rural high schools. That's unequal weights and measures.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Another thing that should happen is no more tax deductible contributions for NIL. This has nothing to do with the main purpose of a university.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    The "cream" of our fan base left years ago when Skip was still taking us to bowl games but losing games in the 4th quarter to bad teams by playing not to lose.
    I did not say the "cream". I said the "alleged cream." I used "alleged cream" purposefully because you CCC Club members think that you are the cream of the Tech fan base, but you only delude yourselves. The CCC Club worked tirelessly to get rid of Skip and the effort was successful. Now we have Cumbie and it appears the CCC Club is eat up with buyers remorse. Skip lost some games in the 4th quarter but Cumbie seems to lose before the opening kickoff.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I did not say the "cream". I said the "alleged cream." I used "alleged cream" purposefully because you CCC Club members think that you are the cream of the Tech fan base, but you only delude yourselves. The CCC Club worked tirelessly to get rid of Skip and the effort was successful. Now we have Cumbie and it appears the CCC Club is eat up with buyers remorse. Skip lost some games in the 4th quarter but Cumbie seems to lose before the opening kickoff.
    Skip sat on his ass his last two years and didn’t recruit. Maybe he was tired of trying to recruit with lack of admin support, I don’t know. But it was time for him to go. Nobody on this board had anything to do with hiring Cumbie. That’s all on the incompetence of Tech leadership. You seem to think we should do the job for those who are paid to promote and advance the University.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Skip sat on his ass his last two years and didn’t recruit. Maybe he was tired of trying to recruit with lack of admin support, I don’t know. But it was time for him to go. Nobody on this board had anything to do with hiring Cumbie. That’s all on the incompetence of Tech leadership. You seem to think we should do the job for those who are paid to promote and advance the University.
    We also didn't have anything to do with firing Skip. If we did, he'd have been gone when he stopped producing and not way after it was too late.

If they want to pay me those inflated salaries to wreck the university then my inbox is open.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

It amazes me some of the sunshine pumpers on here who are content with a 5-5 season, or a 3-9 season. We haven't won a conference championship since 2011 under Sonny Dykes. Overall we have been stagnant as an athletics program. We love Tech and we want more for our university. There's nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    It amazes me some of the sunshine pumpers on here who are content with a 5-5 season, or a 3-9 season. We haven't won a conference championship since 2011 under Sonny Dykes. Overall we have been stagnant as an athletics program. We love Tech and we want more for our university. There's nothing wrong with that.
    That's why I have been genuinely asking the question, what is the alternative. Maybe I'm coming off as a troll too much, but I really do not see what our other options are. Either 1) say nothing at all (which many people did take and now the board is essentially dead) or 2) pretend that everything is fine?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Now the QB at UGA wants $4million just to keep playing for them. Absolutely right that this cannot persist.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Yo sharky why are you dissing Crummy? How dare you criticize him or anyone employed at Tech. As a charter member of the anti-CCC Club you are obligated to think Crummy is better than Saban.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Nate Green, lineman from West Monroe, just flipped to ULM. That’s awesome.
    FWIW, he does have a brother playing over there.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Another thing that should happen is no more tax deductible contributions for NIL. This has nothing to do with the main purpose of a university.
    Absolutely.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yo sharky why are you dissing Crummy? How dare you criticize him or anyone employed at Tech. As a charter member of the anti-CCC Club you are obligated to think Crummy is better than Saban.
    Show me where I ever said that it is unacceptable to offer a negative comment, but the CCC Club makes a living doing that very thing. You are a prime example. You can't even bring yourself to say something positive about Kim Mulkey who has spent her entire career reflecting positive on LA TECH.

+ Reply to Thread