+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cinderella Top 25

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Cinderella Top 25

We have games with #2 GCU (Away) & #9 Liberty (Home & Away)

R

Rocco Miller also has us at #9 - he thinks it would be possible to get an at-large bid

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Re: Cinderella Top 25

I'm not quite ready to buy tickets to the Final 4 NCAA tournament just yet, but I'm liking this year's version of the Dunkin' Dogs. I think they've got potential and perhaps the type of chemistry FAU had last year. I figured Jordan Crawford and Will Allen would be seeing a lot of playing time this year, especially Jordan after he made the C-USA All-Freshman team last year and won the C-USA Freshman of the Week award three times. But he is having trouble seeing the court. Has he regressed, or are the new guys quicker, faster, and more athletic? At first, I thought Jordan had regressed (and perhaps he has), but then I thought - yanno what, these new guys have got skills.

Whether they are encouraged to do it, or they have taken it upon themselves to do it, I've noticed at least some of the players talking with and shaking hands with fans and supporters after games. I think that's a good sign.

Some have talked about Coach Hester's coaching abilities (and some say the lack of thereof). Being the head coach is still a fairly new thing for him so he may still be learning the position as he goes. I'd love for him to get better at it with each game he coaches.

No one knows what is going to happen once conference play starts, but after the horrendous football season, I'm ready for some positive results in basketball.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    I figured Jordan Crawford and Will Allen would be seeing a lot of playing time this year, especially Jordan after he made the C-USA All-Freshman team last year and won the C-USA Freshman of the Week award three times. But he is having trouble seeing the court. Has he regressed, or are the new guys quicker, faster, and more athletic? At first, I thought Jordan had regressed (and perhaps he has), but then I thought - yanno what, these new guys have got skills.
    There is always a sophomore slump - but I think it's more of the fact our overall talent level has taken a big step forward -

My question is can he coach in a tight close game throughout - he struggles with hanging onto big leads against quality opponents

But much like Mike White he has to grow as a HC - and based on his efforts so far this year he is growing in that role
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Just keep your fingers crossed that this is real and sustainable.

+ Reply to Thread