+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: AD Wood gone

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Re: AD Wood gone

I’ve always believed and taken the stance that what Tech needs at the working man’s level is Tech people. You know keep it simple stupid and stay close to home. Loyalty and family pride matter.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Re: AD Wood gone have no

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Are you hearing anything or just hoping?
    Hoping. I no direct inside knowledge…

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Sounds like this Tom guy should be our first choice. If he's not interested, then Stan. Above all else, I just hope and pray that this new administration gets this hire right. This is a critical hire for the future of Tech athletics. Screw this up and I'm afraid our chances of getting out of the ditch may have passed us by.

I remember when McClelland was hired inviting him to come speak at an area Lions Club meeting. He came. It was immediately apparent he didn't like being in the midst of common folk. I was so underwhelmed. And it was downhill after that.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    I saw the number of 350 student athletes mentioned in the Lincoln Parish Journal. Is that number accurate? If so, there are some high school AD’s in the DFW area of Texas that have that many student athletes and manage facilities that are better than current facilities at La Tech. They also know how to fundraise. I’d say look at that talent pool. A 100,000 increase in pay for one of those talented AD’s would be significant.
    yes, accurate number.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I’ve always believed and taken the stance that what Tech needs at the working man’s level is Tech people. You know keep it simple stupid and stay close to home. Loyalty and family pride matter.
    We've had a lot of Tech folks start at the "working man's level" but the salaries offered at the bigger schools is a powerful draw. I suspect the average tenure of an mid-level person in Tech athletics is an average of two years. Why decades of issues with ticketing, video production, etc.?--because someone starts developing a proficiency and they're off to a higher paying job doing the same thing.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    We've had a lot of Tech folks start at the "working man's level" but the salaries offered at the bigger schools is a powerful draw. I suspect the average tenure of an mid-level person in Tech athletics is an average of two years. Why decades of issues with ticketing, video production, etc.?--because someone starts developing a proficiency and they're off to a higher paying job doing the same thing.
    Not sure what you are saying here...Did our last two ADs need more time to get ticketing, video production, etc. fixed or even improved? Neither one of them ever developed a proficiency for anything they did. McClelland actually tore down much more than he fixed. Wood just played the cards he was dealt by his boss who apparently was satified with the way McClelland ran things.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Not sure what you are saying here...Did our last two ADs need more time to get ticketing, video production, etc. fixed or even improved? Neither one of them ever developed a proficiency for anything they did. McClelland actually tore down much more than he fixed. Wood just played the cards he was dealt by his boss who apparently was satisfied with the way McClelland ran things.
    Not talking about ADs at all. What I'm saying is we hire working people, they develop some proficiency, and then they're gone to higher-paying gigs at other schools that pay much more than Tech. Loyalty doesn't pay much.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    Not talking about ADs at all. What I'm saying is we hire working people, they develop some proficiency, and then they're gone to higher-paying gigs at other schools that pay much more than Tech. Loyalty doesn't pay much.
    Gotcha! I totally agree. We are lucky to get anybody at the beginning pay they offer. We pay less for four year degrees than companies pay a person fresh out of trade school

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Good riddance. Wood isn’t really an AD, he’s a suck-up PR man.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    From my sources, which I trust, he was told it might be wise to seek employment elsewhere...

He was given this nudge right after the new regime was announced

I have also been told to look for some big shake ups on the academic side at the Dean level

I was not a fan of Wood or McClelland on the athletic admin side - good fund raisers, Wood was a little bit more of a people person than McClelland but that's not saying much

And before folks pull out the pizza to student student - where was that last year? or the year before or the year before

He was in over his head from day one with operations - good seat wiper but couldn't keep concessions stocked or ticket operations running smoothly
    I wonder if his "Chief of Staff" is staying.......?

+ Reply to Thread