+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WARNING - POSSIBLE VIRUS from Hacker

Varsity Bulldog HounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the roughHounDoggy1 is a jewel in the rough
    Shreveport / Destin / Toledo Bend/Grand Isle
    I believe the hacker may have obtained the email addresses as well and forwarded viruses to them .. so be careful.

I received a screwy email yesterday that was intercepted by Nortons. It made reference to the BBB LA TECH basketball site, which I have not visited. Nortons said the virus was a worm. The sender was someone I know, but he said he did not send it when I called to get the scoop on why Nortons would have isolated his attachment.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Please let us know if anyone else experience this problem.

TDF

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Chris, I haven't received any emails like this on my email account that I joined the old board with, but when I did try to access the old account, it gave me the screen to see if I wanted to open an attachment.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    My machine ran a virus-treating program for an extended period today, suggesting it was cleaning up something unusual.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    I received an E-mail from Dallas DAWG which was titled Tech BBB Board. It was a black screen with a tag for this sight at the bottom.
    There was no attachement. I'm hoping it was strictly an attempt to get me to use the tag to go back to BB&B. I haven't experienced anything YET.
    (Also, I did not use the tag)

Administrator BBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really nice BBBAdmin's Avatar
    but when I did try to access the old account
    What old account? What web address... I just want to investigate this further...

THanks

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Are we really who we appear to be now? Is BBBadministrator real? The plot thickens!

By the way, how do you use the messageicons?

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BBBAdmin
    but when I did try to access the old account
    What old account? What web address... I just want to investigate this further...

THanks
    I meant the old new board. I was online when it was hacked and tried to post but my account had been deleted. When I tried to log back in to the board it gave me screen to try to download something.

Puppy dhisaw is an unknown
    i too received a strange email yesterday -- i did not open it -- really glad i didn't

Administrator BBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really nice BBBAdmin's Avatar
    There are some viruses that pickup e-mail addresses on web pages (or in the HTML) and send themselves out to them.

We have removed the old YaBB board from the server, so hopefully that will elminate the problems...

+ Reply to Thread