+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A&M's offense - Same old or Something new?

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I keep reading in the Houston Chronicle that A&M's offense is changing.

Aggies in my office say 'no way'. They think that it will be the same type of playcalling just by a different coach...

1st down = run
    2nd down = run
    3rd & long = pass

Just curious if anyone here or any visiting Aggies had some insight on the new OC.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Most aggie fans don't know what will happen some do think it'll be the same but if I' m the WR coach I'd throw the ball. I asked who they think will start and they think Long will start and McNeil will play some. There are quite a few, "If we don't score 50 against a crappy LA Tech team then blah blah blah."
    Most expect the aggies to score 30 points and there be a huge knee jerk about how everything's solved now. I talked a little smack but not much. I told myself I wouldn't do it but all of the "crappy Tech and "bad Tech team" stuff got to me.

Puppy Aggie1 is an unknown
    That is so not true. Most Aggies would laugh at you if you someone said the offense would score 30. Most Aggies would tell you it would take 1 or 2 defensive TDs to reach 30.

Read this post again and tell me if it sounds like most people think we will score 30. Sure there are some people that think it but I am sure some Tech fans that think you guys will score 30 on us.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.a...411&forum_id=5

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Some of those guys are starting to sound like fans of a large Louisiana school. 8O

Puppy HumbleAg isn't thought very highly of around hereHumbleAg isn't thought very highly of around hereHumbleAg isn't thought very highly of around here
    If anyone thinks R.C. made the change just to see the same run, run, pass (on 3rd and long) they have another thing coming. Sumlin has a lot of experience in pass oriented offenses (Purdue was his last duty station). Obviously there won't be any change in the scheme but the tendencies should differ quite a bit from what was seen in the 1st three games plus we may finally "open up" the playbook. So far a Cliff Notes version has been in effect.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us." - Ben Franklin

Thanks. Those were the answers I was looking for.

Now, LET'S GET IT ON! Whip those Aggies! :wink:

Texas A&M

Varsity Bulldog CYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really niceCYFAIRDAWG is just really nice
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ

Aggies in my office say 'no way'. They think that it will be the same type of playcalling just by a different coach...

1st down = run
    2nd down = run
    3rd & long = pass

Just curious if anyone here or any visiting Aggies had some insight on the new OC.
    Don't forget 4th down = punt

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    The way our special teams has been playing I'm not so sure that punting on 4th down is the aggies best choice of plays.

Puppy Anonymous is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ

1st down = run
    2nd down = run
    3rd & long = pass

Looks like it worked to me.

+ Reply to Thread