+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Will A&M put 11 men on the line of scrimmage?

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Will A&M put 11 men on the line of scrimmage and force us to throw over the top? That is my bet. There will not be any "underneath" routes to start this game.

I would love to see this the first play of the game. A&M has everyone on the line. Fake to Joe and send Erick Franklin or Chris Norwood on a post pattern. Boom, an instant 7-point lead.

Of course, I am not a coach. And, that play may not work, but they definitely will not expect it. A&M WILL BE EXPECTING the screen to the running back or a wide receiver.

Just my thoughts (and some imagination).

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    Will A&M put 11 men on the line of scrimmage and force us to throw over the top?
    I hope so!

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    I think they will but I'm not sure that is what I want. B/C they are going to blitz the snot out of us if they do bringing front 7, LBs, Safeties, Corners and I'm not sure we'll do too well against that, but we'll see.

Puppy HumbleAg isn't thought very highly of around hereHumbleAg isn't thought very highly of around hereHumbleAg isn't thought very highly of around here
    Will A&M put 11 men on the line of scrimmage and force us to throw over the top?
    Nope! Your outside receivers will get some cushion most of the time but the coverage will vary during the game. We'll "man up" pretty tight from time to time but not too often. The philosophy is to keep your receivers underneath the coverage and make you try to move the chains by completing a high percentage of short passes. Just when you are lulled to sleep with that approach here comes an all out blitz. Duck Luke! :wink:

www.12thFan.com
    "Beer is proof that God loves us." - Ben Franklin

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    I think they will but I'm not sure that is what I want. B/C they are going to blitz the snot out of us if they do bringing front 7, LBs, Safeties, Corners and I'm not sure we'll do too well against that, but we'll see.
    This is why coaches put 7 yard crossing slant patterns in the gameplan, because if everyone is on the line a quick three step drop with a slant pattern will get our offense plenty of quick 7's.

+ Reply to Thread