+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LB Peace

Puppy BTR Bulldog is an unknown
    Whatever happened to Joe R. Peace's son, the Linebacker from Ruston? I know he had some academic problems coming out of school. Did he ever get on a team?

Just wondering.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    University of Tennessee. I am pretty sure he is getting some playing time.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Peace never had academic problems he was eligible as a Freshman. He might not have made a 36 on ACT. I have watched a couple of Tennessee coaches show during my lunch break and he's not getting much PT this year. He hurt his shoulder and I thought he might start this year but didn't and I think he plays special teams and a little on D but not much more than last year from what I can tell.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I would have loved to see him in a Tech uniform...

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    No doubt about that he was one of the top rated LBs in the nation. And he played with Jeremy Hamilton who some say is just as good yet not as big. I knew it wouldn't happen but it sure would have been nice to see him out there on Sat. making plays. No doubt he probably would have started at Tech or played a lot more here and earlier.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    I know he was draped around Grossman's legs on one of his touchdown passes last weekend....Here's Peace's stats so far.

UT AT TT TFL Sack QBH
    5 2 7 1.0-15 1.0-15 . . 2 .

Puppy BTR Bulldog is an unknown
    It will be nice when we can start getting Rustonites to stay at home. That's a hard sell though. The small town life is interesting to people from the city or another small town, but it's often a prison to those who call it home.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    Some of it depends on the parents too. I know Jack Hunt's parents thought he was too good to even consider Tech. I don't think they would have allowed him to go to Tech if he wanted too.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar
    EJ about your sig.

I swear the other weekend I saw that Spurriers offense was now called the "Eastcoast Offense"

I honestly said to myself "I wonder if Techs offense will be called the gulfcoast offense"

I did not coin the phrase, but someone on the board did last year. Maybe Coach Mick?

Anyway, I am just promoting it.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar
    Peace was a solid player going into his senior year but that's when he decided to hold back and save himself for his BIG school. As a result he conditioned himself not to give it his all and that has killed his chances of being a starter at Tenn.

Once you hold back its hard to get it back!

Hamilton was always better at Ruston and Peace was always over rated. Believe me we got the better of the two.

I watched them both play quite a few times and I wouldn't say Hamilton was always better but he was great. Peace has the size you drool over and speed. I would NOT say he was over rated. Hamilton isn't quite as big but will knock your head off and has speed as well. I would have LOVED to have them both at Tech no doubt about it.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    I did not coin the phrase, but someone on the board did last year. Maybe Coach Mick?

Anyway, I am just promoting it.
    Well somebody better go protect it over on the TexAgs.com site. The "Slocum on a Mobile" guy evidently stole it from us, they like it, and now want to call their offense by that name. Of course, that's provided they ever get an offense.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    I doubt if Peace has the speed that Hamilton does. I believe Hamilton will be a starter next year and Peace will be sitting on the bench at Tennessee in his senior year.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Peace was a verbal commitment to LSU all the way back in 1999, until Dinardo was fired and Nick Saban came in. Peace said at the time he wanted to play for Coach Dinardo and was uncomfortable with the change, but that's not what I heard. Word is Saban was unimpressed, not just with Peace's less than stellar senior season, but with his talent as a whole, and quietly withdrew the scholarship offer. I thought Saban was an idiot at the time for letting Peace slip by, but now, I don't know, I guess he saw something early on that we are not seeing until now. That may be the reason that, after LSU's 38-31 OT victory over Tennessee in Death Valley two years ago, Peace was seen giving Tiger Stadium the obscene gesture as he walked off the field. But I don't know, all of this is just hearsay.

GEAUX TIGERS!! GO DAWGS!!

+ Reply to Thread