View Poll Results: Should the Lady Techsters make a change in their blue?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Go to the Royal Blue

29 69.05%
  • No - Stay with the Powder Blue

13 30.95%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poll on Blue...

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I just can't believe that some people are willing to just throw out tradition.
    I cannot believe I am reading this from a liberal... C'mon Champ, I thought change was what liberalism was all about

IMHO we need to have a consistent image. Pick a blue for all teams and stick with it. I would personally choose a different blue. Not Royal. Not Columbia. I would lean more towards a darker blue but ruffle everyones feathers. I love the new Seahawks blue ...

https://store.rosequarter.com/seahaw...41&ProdID=1475

The Lady Techsters can have a little accent of Techster blue just like the green accent on the Seahawks jerseys.

Tech is moving forward. Our image should too.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    This multiple shades of blue logo (depending on the sport) is one of the ways we continue to cause fans to be confused between Louisiana Tech, UL-Mon, & UL-Laf.

This season I've had:
    a. Two Texas A&M fans, an OK State fan, and a Rice fan ask me if Louisiana Tech is in "Lafayette or Monroe, La.".
    b. I've had another OK State fan ask if we are "The Ragin Cajuns". c. Last weekend an SMU fan asked if Louisiana Tech is in Monroe. "That's in south Louisiana right?" he asked.

These were all honest questions by college sports fans who just are not clear as to who is who in Louisiana. Let's at least get a UNIFIED Louisiana Tech logo & jersey color scheme to eliminate some of the confusion.
    ________
    Anal live
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I got one for you.

As I was crossing the street next to SMU's stadium, a man drove up next to me, rolled down his window, and asked "Could you tell me who SMU plays today?"

8-)

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Since neither ulm or ullallla are anything near the color blue, I don't think that is the problem.

The problem that you speak of is that there are WAY too many D1 universities in La. ulmlmlmllllml definitely needs to be D2.

The only way you get any university known is to WIN! 3 National Championships and every year in the NCAA tournament got the Lady Techsters and Tech known. Whether some people like that fact or not, they did it. In order for people to recognize who we are in football and mbb, we have to do the same thing. I think mbb is on the right track. Football was until something fell apart this year. It will get there though.

I proposed that the Lady Techster uniforms have some element of the Lady Techster blue maintained. Outline color, etc. Just some element of the tradition.

What we are doing is taking the one sport that we have been most successful in and changing their color (the one that is most recognizable) to fit the others.

I am for the royal blue. I happen to like it MUCH better. I wear that blue at all football games. I will wear it to mbb games this year as well. I might just have to wear a combo to Techster games though. Well, I have to admit I never wore the columbia blue to a Techster game before, so that probably will not change. :-) I just had a hard time putting on that color. :-)

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Royal Blue and Red were the school colors MANY YEARS before the Lady Techsters even existed.

I agree that the Techster color is a tradition, but (to me) the royal blue is more of a tradition. The columbia blue messed things up in the late 70's and the red uni's messed things up in the 80's. We are just now getting back to our real colors... Royal and Red!

I also could never make myself wear the columbia... yuck.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Champ110, apparently you haven't paid much attention to the questions these people asked. They didn't know squat about La Tech despite all the championships the Lady Techsters won.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Let my wife wash a Royal Blue shirt about 4 times and it starts the change to Columbia Blue...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Let my wife wash a Royal Blue shirt about 4 times and it starts the change to Columbia Blue...
    ahhhhh and the sense of humor emerges...... :-)[/quote]

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    My 5-year-old son and I were true Tech fans on Saturday. We watched the Dunkin Dawgs in the morning, the football game, and then the Lady Techsters' volleyball game which started at 7PM.

The Lady Techsters played well & won 3 of 3 matches vs. Tulsa. The Techsters' jerseys are sharp- royal blue & red- no columbia blue for them.
    ________
    Effects Of Nexium
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    The volleyball players looked good and played well!

+ Reply to Thread