+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SICK, SICK, SICK!!!

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    I don't ever want La. Tech (or any other LA school) to play Penn State in football (or any other sport) ever again. Read the link and you'll find out why.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=27010

Do you guys agree?

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    Truly disgusting and inexcusable. However, what's acceptable is forced on us from the west coast and the northeast.

Prediction: within 20 years these people will have the ear of those who are always wanting to "sympathize and legitimize" deviancy. Also, in the south, be called archaic, redneck and backwards because of our refusal to recognize pedophilia as a "legitimate" lifestyle alternative.

Sad. Truly sad.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar
    thats sounds fake to me, theres no way that can be true

come on, a lawyer named "lawless"

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    "A women's health conference at Penn State University featured an outspoken advocate of pedophilia and sadomasochism as a keynote speaker."

When I read your post before reading the story you linked to it, I thought I was about to read some rude comments about Tech by football fans or something.

I don't understand how a women's health conference at a university, regardless of its content, has anything to do with scheduling sporting events.
    The free exchange of ideas is basic to a college education.
    Sadly, being well-educated means hearing and seeing and reading about some disagreeable subjects and having to tolerate the opinion of a speaker we may believe is espousing criminal behavior.

However, the key element of a university education is to develop the ability to learn from every experience and from everyone and to tolerate the fact that we will never agree with everyone else or get everyone to agree with us.
    I suspect that the speaker didn't win the support of many who attended the activity. I doubt even the lesbian or gay 30 percent of the population of your hometown or the 65 percent of the women or 10 percent of the men who were violated by a pedophile at some time in childhood would agree with this speaker. Most people attending the conference probably didn't agree. It was a women's health conference not a sporting event.

It is sad to think that in Pennsylvania, a state legislator would offer to censor students' access to information or opinion. I suppose that can happen in any state. However well many a politician understands the unconstitutional status of censorship, he will still speak out for censoring unpopular opinions. That gets votes, even though the vote will not end the free expression of unpopular opinion on university campuses. An honest politician would have said "I disapprove of it but this is a free country and it is none of my business."
    However unpleasant this makes us feel for whatever reason, it has nothing to do with the coaches or players or fans or students not involved in that particular conference or with faculty members not involved with that conference.
    The only shocking thing would have been if the university had denied students the freedom to attend that conference or any other conference or hear any other speaker.
    That would be a violation of the university's responsibility.
    Would it be OK to play PSU if we could get the team to come to Louisiana to play Tech, far from the sinful site of that meeting?
    I am afraid that if you knew what was going on tonight in Aggieland you wouldn't want our innocent Dawgs playing those guys either!
    There are news stories of arrests of college football players molesting underage girls in their dorms pretty regularly year round and it doesn't all happen at PSU!

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    Aub, Aub, Aub. I love you man, but your liberal stripes are too wide:

>>It is sad to think that in Pennsylvania, a state legislator would offer to censor students' access to information or opinion. <<

Someone that advocates "illegal acts" should be listened to and given a forum paid for by law abiding citizens?????
    Take it to the political board.

Bulldog hisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the earshisaw seems to have something between the ears
    AUB: LET FREEDOM RING, BABY (sorry, watched both Austin Powers on video last night). Makes me WANT to stand up and say the Pledge, sing God Bless America, the National Anthem and have an invocation, all before eating breakfast.

the first amendment strikes again!!!!

oh yeah, move this to the political board

and Austindawg-YOU LIVE IN AUSTIN-it ain't just the northeast and the west coast. Atlanta is very much the same.

Varsity Bulldog Papadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the ears Papadawg62's Avatar
    aUB--- I LOVE YA BUD---BUT I CAN'T GO ALL THAT LIBERALISM. WITH THAT ATTITUDE THERE'S NO WONDER THAT THIS COUNTRY IS IN THE SHAPE WE'RE IN. WE NEED TO STAND UP FOR WHAT OUR FORE FATHERS DIED FOR--- CHRISTIAN ETHICS. THAT PENN STATE STUFF IS WHAT IS RIPPING THE FABRIC OF OUR COUNTRY APART. :bigcry:

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    Aub, Aub, Aub...

Methinks you're trying to stir the pot. You can't possibly think this is a first amendment issue? Where were all the civil liberties gurus when David Horowitz was banned from campuses because he dared to argue AGAINST reparations? How about the former Israeli foreign minister who was banned from a California campus because he didn't tow the near consensus, "Cast Israel into the sea" crowd out there?

But advocacy for child molestation is a first amendment issue?

For the person who asked me about Austin, yes, it is a hotbed of radicalism, especially around the University. But there are no new ideas or agendas generated here, they just trot out the fad hot topic/protest/outrage du jour that gets them in the papers and allows them revenge against their parents for grounding them in the 9th grade. I still stand by the fact that that stuff originates primarily in California.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Papadawg62
    WHAT OUR FORE FATHERS DIED FOR--- CHRISTIAN ETHICS.
    One would think that if the Founders were such devout Christians, they would have included some mention of their faith in the Constitution. Oh, well ... guess it wasnt that important to them.

The Conservatives' 1st Amendment:

"Freedom of speech will not be abridged until you say something that offends my Victorian worldview."

I got yer back Aub. This is nothing more than a freedom of speech issue. The behavior the speaker suggests I find utterly revolting. But she has a right to say it. And state universities are precisely the time and the place for exchanging ideas. Even radical and disparate ones.

Someone that advocates "illegal acts" should be listened to and given a forum paid for by law abiding citizens?????
    OldBlue ... not sure what you're gettign at here :?: Are you suggesting that people should not be allowed to disagree with existing laws in public forums?
    .................................................. .....................................

BTW .... I had the pleasure of hearing Ben Stein lecture last night at ULAR. He was very gracious and personable. And his talk containted little if any political/social commentary.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    An LSU flamer? The person claims to be an LSU student on the profile. Whoever. The person posted the link and said Tech shouldn't play PSU because of a speaker at a women's health seminar at PSU.
    Whoever the speaker at that meeting might be there was no logic in the post.
    There has been a lot on TV news and talk shows on radio and TV about this speaker, the speaker's book and others connected to the topic discussed there. I had heard about it a lot from various media outlets. RUSH may have talked about it! I think it was roundly criticized on the FACTOR. But that was before the speaker went to PSU for a day or whatever.
    SIMPLE POINTS:
    This speaker didn't represent PSU and was not teaching there.
    I don't advocate censoring any discussion on any campus.
    If students aren't intelligent enough to see what is wrong with the speaker then opposing views need to be heard!
    People go to universities to learn to THINK. That is exactly the wrong place to HIDE from unpopular ideas.
    The post was designed to create GUILT BY ASSOCIATION. The LSU student tried to get us to believe that PSU is a collection of buildings inhabited primarily by child molesters because that speaker had appeared there. That is faulty logic. It may be the problem at LSU!
    Thanks for moving this thread. It didn't belong under Bulldog football and that was my MAIN POINT!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I don't guess anyone on this board feels that this could be slightly EXAGGERATED!

Always look at the target audience of any publication - liberal or conservative - and you will find the possible bias in reporting.

Penn State also has Rene Portland (wbb coach), who has be blasted by wbb fans and media for publically stating that she will not allow Lesbians on the team. Same univerisity. All of this belongs on the political board, but I just had to remind all of you that there are two sides to every story - and almost ALWAYS a bias. I would like to not play them in wbb for just the opposite of the reason that some of you would ban them because of this, but even though I am liberal, it makes no sense to ban playing them.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    It is on the political board... :wink:

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Sorry if I stirred up a hornet's nest, guys. I didn't know whether or not to put this on the political forum or not, but I figure the Forum Administrators know how they want to do things, so I'll trust their judgement.

No Aubunique, I am not an LSU flamer. Like I said, I wouldn't want ANY Louisiana college, especially my LSU, to play any university or have anything to do with any college who would allow this kind of behavior on it's campus, or bring a speaker like this on campus. If Louisiana State University, Louisiana Tech University, or any Louisiana college used MY tax dollars (or university facilities paid for by MY tax dollars) to give this vile woman a forum with which to spew her heinous views on adult-child "relationships," I'd be raising ten kinds of Blue Hades with Chancellor Emmert, Dr. Reneau, Sally Clausen, Gov. Mike Foster, and anyone else who would listen. She is promoting illegal acts, which is in itself an illegal act in many states.
    There are limits to free speech, limits of civic responsibility, common humane decency, and legality. Obviously, she feels she is not bound by any of these limitations. She is wrong, and she needs to be shown she is wrong. We all have a duty as Americans to ourselves, to our fellow citizens, and to the next generation to do the right thing and temper our God-given rights with our God-given responsibilities.
    Now, perhaps Louisiana Tech and LSU refusing to play Penn St. in football won't change their minds. But it could be a start. What if word gets out? What if every university in the country refused to play Penn St. in football until they apologized and stopped doing this stuff? Freedom and social change start with a "NO, I will not stand for this!" Maybe I am a tad bit too idealistic, but hey, it could happen.

May I suggest something?

Read that story again and learn the name of the speaker and find out whatever you can about the speaker, the speaker's publications and exactly what they say.

We are all on here arguing over freedom of the speech vs. whatever when we have no information except what is in that story.

First, read the story slowly, word for word. Then check other resources. Explain more of what she advocates and does not. I have heard of this person a lot in recent weeks through various media outlets. But I haven't paid attention.
    Where else is she going to speak and where has she spoken? Is she scheduled anywhere in Louisiana any time soon?

+ Reply to Thread