+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disappointing Loss to SMU

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown
    The Lady Techsters lost their season opening match against SMU last night in the TAC (30-20, 28-30, 28-30, and 23-30). Obviously, the match was close, but disappointing in that the Techsters should have won game three and did not execute well in game four. But the Techsters are a solid, talented volleyball team and I'll be surprised if we don't return the favor and beat SMU in Dallas in November.

With the loss, the Techsters' record falls to 12-6/0-1, while SMU improved to 7-8/1-0.

After hosting Stephen F. Austin next Tuesday (10/1/02), the Techsters hit the road for the toughest portion of their schedule, playing at Hawaii (10/5), Fresno State (10/11), and Nevada (10/13). Of course, Hawaii is the #2 ranked team in the nation and, although not in the top 25, Fresno State and Nevada are both receiving votes in the USA Today/AVCA polls.

It's going to be an exciting year of Techster volleyball.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Thanks for the news Buddy. I look for our Ladies to make some waves out west. This first conference loss will be an eye opener for them. I think they'll be fine.

+ Reply to Thread