+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Receivers!

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    Some of our receivers need a few courage pills!!!We really miss the big WR that will take a lick!

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down
    We have them, our coaches won't play them. We have Capps and Spigner at TE, which does not exist in our offense. And Richmond can play WR.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar
    Yea lets come out in three TE sets.

Richmond is a WR playing TE.

I would like to see us mostly line up with 2 TEs, 2 WRs sets.
    With the TEs being Spiegner and Capps, and the WRs being Norwood and Franklin. I would like to see us run the ball and throw downfield. I want to pound the other team and keep them on their heels.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Norwood is as good of a receiver as we've had since Losi. We can't get him the ball!

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I agree about Norwood. And so does Major Richmond's mom. I think she told everyone at the A&M game. :wink:

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Norwood made a big splash at the Clemson game, but has done little since...oh well, actually that's mostly PSU and aTm, so the whole offense has done little since then.

I like Curry as our go-to guy. He got hurt in the OSU game and probably is not back to 100% yet.

But truthfully, this receiver corps has been very disappointing thus far. Time for a couple of these guys to step up and start making some plays.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    You know, it would help alot if we had someone --anyone-- could break a tackle once in a while.

Every week I watch the opposing teams RB's and WR's break our tackles. Yet, I rarely see our guys break a tackle. Our receivers are simply too quick to "lay it down" after making a catch, and Joe Smith doesn't sem to be running as hard this year. Joe only broke ONE (1) takle all night last night. (that I noticed!)

When you think about it, Tech's offense has long relied on RAC (run after catch) yardage to be successful. RAC yardage was practically the trademark of Troy Edwards, James Jordan, John Simon, D.J. Curry and Delwyn Daigre. With Curry now out with an injury, we're getting NO RAC yardage at all. (Curry had more TD's last season (8) than any Tech receiver.)

It's time for some of these 2002 Tech receivers to turn an average play into a BIG TD play.

HD

How do ya'll expect our WRs to step up when we run nothing but crap! When you step in the shit, then step out of it, the shit is still on your shoes. You can clean your shoes or throw them away, I think that we should just throw our playbook away and start all over with brand new plays.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by LBP
    How do ya'll expect our WRs to step up when we run nothing but crap! When you step in the shit, then step out of it, the shit is still on your shoes. You can clean your shoes or throw them away, I think that we should just throw our playbook away and start all over with brand new plays.

Attention Dawg fans: The next time you stept in shit, save if for LBP. He's running low on grey matter.

Varsity Bulldog Papadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the ears Papadawg62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    [quote:fe5181eecc="LBP"]How do ya'll expect our WRs to step up when we run nothing but crap! When you step in the shit, then step out of it, the shit is still on your shoes. You can clean your shoes or throw them away, I think that we should just throw our playbook away and start all over with brand new plays.

Attention Dawg fans: The next time you stept in shit, save if for L

BP. He's running low on grey matter.[/quote:fe5181eecc]Clyde---I thought you were going to say "save it --You just squashed LBP" :lol:

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    You know, it would help alot if we had someone --anyone-- could break a tackle once in a while.

Every week I watch the opposing teams RB's and WR's break our tackles. Yet, I rarely see our guys break a tackle. Our receivers are simply too quick to "lay it down" after making a catch, and Joe Smith doesn't sem to be running as hard this year. Joe only broke ONE (1) takle all night last night. (that I noticed!)

When you think about it, Tech's offense has long relied on RAC (run after catch) yardage to be successful. RAC yardage was practically the trademark of Troy Edwards, James Jordan, John Simon, D.J. Curry and Delwyn Daigre. With Curry now out with an injury, we're getting NO RAC yardage at all. (Curry had more TD's last season (8) than any Tech receiver.)

It's time for some of these 2002 Tech receivers to turn an average play into a BIG TD play.

HD

Can't argue those points, HD.

But another thing that your post really points out is that we seem to be falling back into that old "alligator arm" tackling mode that gave up a lot of points over the last 2 years. We often seem to have offensive players nailed and totally hemmed in only to make a showboat type leap and then glance off as the guy goes on his merry way!! That's the reason you see so much of that from the opposing team and maybe not so much from us!

A lot of the YAC gain depends on very good timing and I think we've just not yet got that down like we did with Tim, Troy, and company. And we also have to recognize that the type offense that we run is getting very common now and opposing teams are getting a lot better at defending it than was the case just 2 or 3 years ago.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar
    excuse me, but did anybody happen to watch the Penn State game? We lit their secondary up!

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    HD-
    I've had the same exact thoughts about breaking tackles all year long. "It's frustrating" to watch other teams break 5 in one run and us not break tackles agains them. We'll be ok though. I bet we break A LOT of tackles in WAC play. Joe Smith broke a lot of tackles against Tulsa and about 5 in one long TD run, but PSU, A&M and Clemson are not Tulsa. The good thing is the WAC is closer to Tulsa than our OOC teams in terms of talent.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    GD:

I know you're right about the talent level in the WAC. But I honestly think LA Tech's got FAR more RAW talent than anybody in the WAC, save for Fresno State. And FSU is troubled by injuries right now.

IMO, Tech should roll through the WAC like a hot knife through butter.

HD

+ Reply to Thread