+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Officiating

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I was there. Reality, not perception. :evil:

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by LBP
    LUKE should be our starter no matter what because he is great and that we are really lucky to have him to be our QB.
    This is your best post ever!!!

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    our losses were against top 30 teams who could all easily be top 20 teams when the season is over. what does that mean, we are not a top 25 level team, yet. we beat oklahoma st. and we are good enough to win the wac again. thats progress.

no we dont have players as good as clemson, penn st., or a&m, or not even lsu. these teams get the top talent, but the gap is closing.

no we dont have the best coaches, we are going to have to get some money spent and surround bick with a little more experienced coaches. jackson and perot have been coaching their positions for a long time, and smith has plenty of dc experience, but everyone else is fairly new to their jobs. give them a couple of years and maybe they will get better, but then we will face the same dilemna we always have, pay them or they walk. we gotta step up and pay them. thats the next step.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    I attended last nights game in College Station. Yes, the refs made some really stupid calls, but the officials did not cause us to lose the game. Our coaches, our defenseive backs and our QB were all HORRIBLE last night.

This is is the very first Louisiana Tech game that I ever recall going to that Tech fans literally had ONLY ONE PLAY to cheer about: Luke's long run. In short, with the exception of the DL, Tech's coaches and players looked pathetic and managed to embarrass their fans and their university. This is not an overstatement.

For the record, the play calling was terrible, our defenseive backs demonstrated that they are easily the worst DB's in AMERICA, and Luke missed on more "easy" passes at Kyle Field than I've ever seen before. Tech looked much worse than a high school team. In the 2nd half, Tech couldn't even complete a simple halfback pass after the Tech receiver got 12 yards BEHIND the Aggie defender. What a missed opportunity. Aggie fans were laughing at us everywhere.

Folks, it's the same ole story with Louisiana Tech. Except this time the Tech offense absolutely REFUSED TO SHOW UP AT ALL, and the Tech defense finally "quit" in the 4th quarter. Unlike our comeback against OSU, this bunch really quit on Saturday night. I'm very disappointed.

After tonights game, I heard several Tech fans say they are cancelling their plans to go to the Rice game. I agree. I'm done. No way I make that trip. My time is more valuable than this. I literally had ONE PLAY to cheer about today and I refuse to be continually embarrassed by a team of under achievers. I couldn't care less about beating Rice and SMU now. As far as I'm concerned, Tech finished its season tonight at 1-3. It's the BCS teams that matter, not the Rice's and SMU's.

Losing to A&M by a 31-3 margin might have been expected when Tech had a team made up of mostly 1AA talent back in the 1980's. But I'll be damn if it's okay today.

HD
    Why is our QB terrible? Because he can't thread a needle throwing 30 yards downfield to a receiver that isn't open?

Or because he can't throw a pass with a 280 lb. DL hitting him from his blindside?

The QB play was not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG28
    I am sick of watching Luke turn close games into BLOW-OUTS in a matter of minutes.
    BS

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    Man! Where to start!!!!??

It was great to meet the famous(infamous) HD and DFIH!!!! True fans!!
    Our total fan representation was GREAT!!!!!! The Blue was Fantastic!!!

Officiating, in my opinion was the worst that we have had since the last AR game!!! I had the distinct pleasure of being on the field with our Dawgs... So, yes, I was at the game!!

The non holding calls on their O line was horrendous!!! The calls that they made to either, kill drives for us, or keep drives going for them hurt us, tremendously... I'm not saying that we would have won the game, but the outcome would have been MUCH different...

I don't remember who it was that said our guys were not fired up or ready on our sideline, but they must have been watching another ballgame... Our guys were VERY intense and ready to play...

The aTm WC is one hell of a defensive group of players.... Much better athletes than our O... There won't be many teams that put any points on the board against them....

Our d kept us in the game, in spite of the refs!!!! They played well enough to win....

I hope that every one will continue to support our beloved Dawgs... Our kids won't quit on us!!!!

We will learn from the first five weeks of the season and hopefully repeat as WAC Champs!!!

I think if ANY of us on the board would have been told that we would be 2-3 right now, we'd have taken it to the bank...

The sky is NOT Falling!!!!!

Let's kick Rice's ASS!!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

+ Reply to Thread