+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Officiating

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    Listening to Dan, it sounds like we are getting hosed. I'll be interested in hearing what those that attended saw as well.

Puppy dhisaw is an unknown
    i agree -- every time we do something positive there is a flag -- how frustrating for the players i really do not want to hear much negative about our players -- :twisted:

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisaw
    i agree -- every time we do something positive there is a flag -- how frustrating for the players i really do not want to hear much negative about our players -- :twisted:
    The officiating has taken what would have been a barn burner and turned it into a blowout!

Puppy Junkyard Dawg is an unknown Junkyard Dawg's Avatar
    Not really guys. Our players are just fundamental toddlers. Either poorly coached or just ignorant. The only ones that were bad were the Halo calls, both were wrong.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkyard Dawg
    Our players are just fundamental toddlers.
    What does that mean? Are you watching the game? It sounds like the defense is playing rather well, but our offense cannot get on track.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow
    Listening to Dan, it sounds like we are getting hosed. I'll be interested in hearing what those that attended saw as well.
    I've never heard them say anything about how bad the officiating was - at least not this bad. It seemed like it was blatant although it doesn't sound like it would make a huge difference. Their D sounded tough!

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    There were a few bad calls, but that did not lose the game for us. Are we ever going to win a big game? I'm so tired of the excuses.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    It seemed like it was blatant although it doesn't sound like it would make a huge difference.
    it sounds like it made a pretty big difference to me. every time we had a big play it was a penalty or a bad call on the sideline. i am surprised they didn't call back that long luke mccown run on some bogus holding penalty. as a matter of fact, it looked like they were trying to even out the penalty yardage a little bit there towards the end, trying to make it look like a well-officiated game. they were calling penalties on a&m when it didn't make any difference -- a false start on the extra point play and a holding call at the very end when the game was basically over. it seems like we always get screwed by the refs at college station, but this seems like the worst i have seen (even if i didn't actually see it with my eyes).

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute
    This was a pure and simple ass whipping. We may have gotten a bad call or so, but it had nothing to do with the outcome of this fiasco.

I paid $29.95 to see a complete domination by the Aggies. We looked terrible on both sides of the ball. The Aggies looked like Penn State on offense. Everything they tried worked and we never figured them out.

It was another terribly coached game, IMO. We were again totally predictable and Luke couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, and when he did, it was either dropped or for a puny gain or loss.
    Luke's scramble for 50+ yards was the ONLY highlight that I can recall.

I do hope that there is not a bunch of posters that come on and moan about the officiating, because it was a NON FACTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    There were a few bad calls, but that did not lose the game for us. Are we ever going to win a big game? I'm so tired of the excuses.
    Oklahoma State was a big game. The two Alabama games we won were big. The Boise and Rice games were big last year. We have a number of big games coming up: Nevada, Fresno, San Jose. We'll win our share.

I don't think anyone is making excuses, but this is just an indication of how hard it really is to go on the road and win against these BCS teams.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    Alabama wins were years ago, Ok St. was mediocare(mispelled) at best. ther are the woest in their conference. We need to quit reminicissing over Alabama and win today. It was our chance to beat A&M. We will never prove anything beating WAC teams. We are not that good of a conference consistently.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar
    Watching the game on TV there were a number of bad calls at key times that snuffed out any hope we had of maintaining a drive.

More to the point were the vast number of holding calls against A&M that weren't called.

The fix was in early!

We still have a number of things to work on but you can't do a darn thing about one sided officiating.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute
    No way did the officiating cause us to lose. We did not play well. Period.

Please, no more excuses about officiating.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Unfortunately I couldn't attend the game and watched it instead on an 8 ft x 8 ft big screen with Aaron Capps' parents & a bunch of Aggie fans. The Aggies fans around us were laughing at their own refs about the one-sidedness of the calls.

The game was close until the 4th quarter (17-3). Then we hit the Aggies QB as he was passing and intercepted the football which would have been a huge momentum boost for us. Instead the Big12 refs called a phantom defensive pass interference. TX A&M then went on to score 7 pts on that drive and then we threw the INT (our only turnover) which gave A&M another 7 pts for the final score of 31-3.

In the first or second quarter A&M had 3 penalties for 30 yards. Around the time of the 2nd pick which was called back, LA Tech had 97 yards in penalties while A&M still only had the 30.

But hey, it's extremely difficult to beat ranked BCS teams, their refs, & the home crowd.

Our guys looked good and are definitely ready for WAC conference play!
    ________
    PAXIL ATTORNEY
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    It didn't sound like our defense played to badly and we did cut down on the turnovers, only one I think. We are now through the non conference part of our schedule with a 2-3 record. We can still have a great year but we have to get ready to play again and soon.

For those of you that watched the game on TV, could we not throw the ball downfield at all or did we not try? Our yards per pass completion was about 6 yards per catch.

+ Reply to Thread