+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are we ever going to win a big game?

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    Before anyone pops off to me. Ok. ST is the worst in the Big 12, yep the worst. It was a good win but not a big one. A&M had the 106th offense. So basically it was our #6 offense against the #2 defense. RESULT: We got it shoved up our butt. I'm so tired of this crap and so damn tired of the excuses.

Guys,
    In my opinion, A&M, Penn ST. and Clemson are not that much better than us. They are deeper at positions but our first team O and D are pretty good. We always seem to CHOKE in against big opponets. I'm just a frustrated dawg fan right now. We have got to win big OOC games to make it to the next level.

By the way, our Left OT was treated like a liitle girl ALL night long. Surely, we have someone w/ quicker feet than him to put in there. if not we are in trouble.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute
    Well, I guess I too will catch the wrath of some posters, but I totally agree with you. We are NOT at the next level and I don't see how we will repeat as WAC champs. I too am frustrated at always losing these games. If we can't compete, we need to re-think our OOC's soon.

Yes, it was at Kyle Field, and yes, they are the #2 defense in the country, but, by damn, they are (were) also #106 on offense. They had over 400 yards against us and over 200 yards on both the ground and the air. I bet they ran the draw a half dozen times or more and always got big yardage. I had absolutely no faith that our defense was going to stop them on third down.

Coaching = F
    Passing = F
    Running = C (Luke's scramble)
    Special teams = C (didn't hurt us)
    Defensive line = D
    Defensive backfield = F
    Linebackers = F

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

Bulldog dawgpound is an unknown dawgpound's Avatar
    Amos,

I for one will agree with you. In fact, if there were there grades worse than F we could have gotten them. Maybe we will do all right in the WAC, but I am not so sure of that. We have been blown out by three BCS teams. If I thought these were really good BCS teams I would feel better, but I doubt that any of these teams( Clemson, PSU, or Texas A&M) will finish much if any over 6-6. Hopefully I am wrong and we will win the WAC, however, we will never get any National Respect by winning big games over Boise State(95% of the people in the country have never heard of Boise State). We must win some of these OOC games.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses
    Well, I guess I too will catch the wrath of some posters, but I totally agree with you. We are NOT at the next level and I don't see how we will repeat as WAC champs. I too am frustrated at always losing these games. If we can't compete, we need to re-think our OOC's soon.

Yes, it was at Kyle Field, and yes, they are the #2 defense in the country, but, by damn, they are (were) also #106 on offense. They had over 400 yards against us and over 200 yards on both the ground and the air. I bet they ran the draw a half dozen times or more and always got big yardage. I had absolutely no faith that our defense was going to stop them on third down.

Coaching = F
    Passing = F
    Running = C (Luke's scramble)
    Special teams = C (didn't hurt us)
    Defensive line = D
    Defensive backfield = F
    Linebackers = F

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.
    Not enough money = too many coaches at too many key positions who have zero and I repeat zero experience.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute
    Which coaches have zero experience?

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar
    Didn't we move some GA's to coach positions that they never have before?....may be wrong

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down
    coaching experience, very poor excuse, because Bick chose these guys. Some of our coaches are very good, but some of them really suck and are dragging our team down. Bick hires a LB/DB coach to coach our WRs? What was Bick smoking or sniffing when he made that decision? Hines, he really sucks and has lots of experience.

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Ok. ST is the worst in the Big 12, yep the worst. It was a good win but not a big one.
    Suspect when the season is over, we'll find Kansas and Baylor fighting for the distinction of being the worst the Big XII. As a barometer, KU and Baylor both have wins over Tulsa this year, but only by 43-33 and 37-25 margins, respectively.

Since we entered Division IA in 1989, we have played 45 games against teams that are currently in BCS conferences. We have won six (Baylor - 1992, Mississippi State - 1996, California - 1997, Alabama - 1997, Alabama - 1999, and Oklahoma State - 2002) and tied two (Maryland - 1990, South Carolina - 1991).

Given the infrequency of such wins, a pretty strong argument can be made that they are all big. But the manner in which the Bulldogs won the OK State game --- one of the best comebacks I can remember --- makes it "big" in my book.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    Are we ever going to win a big game?

It all starts with fan support. We have got to find a way to sell-out JAS every game. Then we can generate some money for the program, improve the facilities, and pay our coaching staff competitive salaries.

I wish everyone could have seen the A&M campus and facilities yesterday. We were so outclassed that I felt kind of embarrassed to even be on the same field with them. We have no business playing teams like Texas A&M and Penn State. However, we have to because we have to have the money.

In the last 6 years, we are 35-10 against schools with similar budgets as ours (non BCS schools), but we are 5-20 against the BCS schools and only 3 of those 25 games have been played at our stadium (Shreveport). We are 2-1 against BCS teams in Shreveport.

Until this program begins to grow on the outside (fan support) it will not be able to grow from the inside (facilities, scheduling home games, salaries, etc...) Unfortunately, there is little we can do about that. Pound for pound (dollar for dollar), La Tech has overachieved more than anyone in the nation.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar
    One of the reasons we will not win many if ANY of these "big" games is because our coaching staff has to learn to ADAPT during a game!!! You can't run the same S*** all night and expect it to work. A good, or even decent team, will figure out your scheme by halftime and make adjustments. Take for example the Clemson & Penn St. games. We were in those games at halftime and when we came out for second half, they made adjustments & bent us over a barrel behind a woodshed! We took for granted the ability Tim Rattay had at calling audibles & reading defenses. This was adapting according to the way the defense lined up. Luke can't do this efficiently yet. And until he gets to where he can, our coaches should have the experience and smarts to take control & think ahead!!

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar
    SHUT UP ALL OF YOU!!!! A&M had the best defense in the nation! Blaming this game on the coaches,you are fricken morons! The whole game woud have changed if we would have executed that half-back pass properly, IT was there! It would have been 10-17.

Florida State wasn't built over night you know. Neither was Penn State or Virginia Tech. Its a builting process. Some of you have a hard time understanding that.

Puppy Anonymous is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by RXDAWG
    One of the reasons we will not win many if ANY of these "big" games is because our coaching staff has to learn to ADAPT during a game!!! You can't run the same S*** all night and expect it to work. A good, or even decent team, will figure out your scheme by halftime and make adjustments. Take for example the Clemson & Penn St. games. We were in those games at halftime and when we came out for second half, they made adjustments & bent us over a barrel behind a woodshed! We took for granted the ability Tim Rattay had at calling audibles & reading defenses. This was adapting according to the way the defense lined up. Luke can't do this efficiently yet. And until he gets to where he can, our coaches should have the experience and smarts to take control & think ahead!!
    I kinda like seeing the same 8 plays over and over. :twisted:

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123
    SHUT UP ALL OF YOU!!!! A&M had the best defense in the nation! Blaming this game on the coaches,you are fricken morons! The whole game woud have changed if we would have executed that half-back pass properly, IT was there! It would have been 10-17.

Florida State wasn't built over night you know. Neither was Penn State or Virginia Tech. Its a builting process. Some of you have a hard time understanding that.
    Hey touchdown123! If you're such a believer, why don't we see the words "BB&B Loyalty Donor" under your name?

You, wild man, are in DEEP denial. Tech fans aren't angry because we lost; we're angry because Tech played so shitty against arguably the worst Texas A&M team to come along in the last 15 years. Tech only managed ten (10) 1st downs against A&M, and 3 of those came against the Aggie 5th stringers in garbbage time after the game's outcome was already decided. So, that leaves TECH with SEVEN (7) legitimate 1st downs. Honestly, I believe Evangel Christain Academy could have done better against A&M.

Nobody for Tech is STEPPING UP this year and leading the team the way Bobby Gray, John Simon and Delwyn Daigre did last year. That's the problem. We're 5 games deep into the 2002 season and we STILL don't have any heroes for Tech.

HD

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

I kinda like seeing the same 8 plays over and over.

Are there really eight??? I must have missed four!!

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    [quote:c5ad8c301a="touchdown123"]SHUT UP ALL OF YOU!!!! A&M had the best defense in the nation! Blaming this game on the coaches,you are fricken morons! The whole game woud have changed if we would have executed that half-back pass properly, IT was there! It would have been 10-17.

Hey touchdown123! If you're such a believer, why don't we see the words "BB&B Loyalty Donor" under your name?

You, wild man, are in DEEP denial. Tech fans aren't angry because we lost; we're angry because Tech played so shitty against arguably the worst Texas A&M team to come along in the last 15 years. Tech only managed ten (10) 1st downs against A&M, and 3 of those came against the Aggie 5th stringers in garbbage time after the game's outcome was already decided. So, that leaves TECH with SEVEN (7) legitimate 1st downs. Honestly, I believe Evangel Christain Academy could have done better against A&M.

Nobody for Tech is STEPPING UP this year and leading the team the way Bobby Gray, John Simon and Delwyn Daigre did last year. That's the problem. We're 5 games deep into the 2002 season and we STILL don't have any heroes for Tech.

HD[/quote:c5ad8c301a]

I totally agree HD.....no one has stepped up on this team so far this year. I got tired of hearing about a certain receiver stops 1 yard from the first down marker because he stepped out of bounds to avoid a hit. Kick his ars out of the game!!!!

+ Reply to Thread