+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pathetic Play Calling

Varsity Bulldog DawginBR is an unknown
    Emailed this to Dan in time but of course he wouldn't read it on the air:

Dan,
    Play calling is pathetic. I don't think that Luke is calling all the
    Damn running plays OR the 2-5 yard pass plays. I have not in many,
    many years seen such a pathetic offensive display by our school that is known nationwide as a "high powered offensive team". I sat in LSU Tiger Stadium today thinking if LSU had Luke that nobody could touch them...well guess what...We DO have Luke and we don't use him like we should...pathetic.

Mike in Baton Rouge

Where is the "high powered offensive team" we are known to be?

Puppy Anonymous is an unknown
    I absolutely agree. The only great call all night was the double pass. TIme to find a new OC.

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down
    We lined up with 5 WRs on 3rd and goal and I just didn't understand way we didn't score? That was such as brilliant play call by Hines, it must have been just our bad luck. Just about as brilliant are those 2 and 3 yard passes on 3rd and 10. Yea, I see the genius in Hines's thinking when you need 10 yards, you should only go for 2 or 3 yards, it is so brilliant! Hines is a genius!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Has anybody stopped to check the arm band that Luke wears to make sure the numbers of the plays on there correspond to the numbers of the plays that Conroy is calling? Maybe Conroy is calling a certain play, but Luke's armband shows that play as something else.

Puppy Anonymous is an unknown
    3rd & 5 to go... 2 yard pass
    3rd & 20 to go... 6 yard pass

Rattay and Conque had balls and knew where the first down markers were. Our people don't have'em and can't find'em.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar
    Is there anyway we could get Clint Conque back in here, hire him as a "co" offensive coordinator but really give him the reins. Maybe this will piss Hines off and he will leave.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar
    wanst he THE oc the year after crowton left? if we bring conque next year, he would only come back as the oc with the understanding that he would be the next in line if and when bicknell leaves. let conroy be the qb coach and recruiting coordinator or something.

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down
    We can actually fire Hines. Rattay called the plays, Clonque didn't. I think that we should hire Gene Johnson.

Puppy bulldog92 seems to have something between the earsbulldog92 seems to have something between the earsbulldog92 seems to have something between the earsbulldog92 seems to have something between the earsbulldog92 seems to have something between the earsbulldog92 seems to have something between the ears
    How about that brilliant call to run Joe Smith up the middle when it was 3rd and about 25 in the first quarter?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Sadly, the A&M defense was too good to be fooled by doing the obviously unlikely thing with the need for 25 yards. If Joe had broken it for a TD, some here would call it brilliant.
    You can't change the past.
    Let's beat Rice!

Puppy BTR Bulldog is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Sadly, the A&M defense was too good to be fooled by doing the obviously unlikely thing with the need for 25 yards. If Joe had broken it for a TD, some here would call it brilliant.
    You can't change the past.
    Let's beat Rice!
    Man, you jumped all over my case at the beginning of the year because I said we would go 10-3 (but I had us beating A&M :cry: )
    You said something along the lines of "if the fans don't believe, how can the players."

Now you're Mr. 10-3 and telling us to ignore the fact that we just lost to the worst A&M team in modern history. Forget their ranking, we're the only team they have scored against... including ULL!!!

+ Reply to Thread