+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech Looked Good Tonight vs #24 TX A&M

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    After watching the Louisiana Tech vs. Texas A&M game tonight I was impressed with our effort.

The offensive execution was worlds better tonight against the # 2 Division 1A defense than in any game we've played this year. We only turned the ball over once (in the 4th quarter) which Texas A&M converted into an easy 7 points.

The defense tackled very soundly although they tired late in the 4th quarter. We had an incredible hit at the goal line which created a turnover for us in the end zone- WHAT A HIT!!!

I wish the refs hadn't gotten so involved in the game with all the flags on A&M 3rd downs. It was a close game, 17-3, going into the 4th quarter.

Louisiana Tech is unquestionably ready to defend our WAC Championship title. I don't see anyone in the conference keeping up with us. We'll lose one WAC game maximum and could run the table!
    ________
    HOMEMADE VAPORIZER
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    That sounds good. I didn't get to watch the game. Didn't even get to listen to it. So when I heard the score I didn't even think our guys showed up. Glad to hear someone thinks differently. I do think we have a good shot at running the WAC table. Right now I think the toughest game will be Boise St.(only because its in Idaho)
    And then I think both Fresno St. and Nevada or going to be very tough(thankfully each at home)

Varsity Bulldog DawginBR is an unknown
    ...[shadow=red:5304d27072]That sounds good. I didn't get to watch the game. Didn't even get to listen to it. So when I heard the score I didn't even think our guys showed up. Glad to hear someone thinks differently[/shadow:5304d27072].

What game was this guy watching??? I thought we were pathetic calling our offensive plays!!!

Puppy Anonymous is an unknown
    DogsWin,

That is the biggest sugar coated message that I have ever seen. Our offense was totally predictable and completely unimaginative. Time for a new OC. Our defense played very hard the second half but were tired in the end and gave up a couple of big plays.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar
    The player's efforts were good - we played with a tough attitude. We were not as skilled in the DB or reciever positions as A&M.

They held us all along the line which made their run efforts that much better.

As usual we were terribly out prepared and out coached.

Thank goodness A&M was well schooled on reading and defend our screens or we would have seen them a 1000 times.

If our confidence isn't shot we should represent ourselves well in the WAC once again.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin
    After watching the Louisiana Tech vs. Texas A&M game tonight I was impressed with our effort.

The offensive execution was worlds better tonight against the # 2 Division 1A defense than in any game we've played this year. We only turned the ball over once (in the 4th quarter) which Texas A&M converted into an easy 7 points.

The defense tackled very soundly although they tired late in the 4th quarter. We had an incredible hit at the goal line which created a turnover for us in the end zone- WHAT A HIT!!!

I wish the refs hadn't gotten so involved in the game with all the flags on A&M 3rd downs. It was a close game, 17-3, going into the 4th quarter.

Louisiana Tech is unquestionably ready to defend our WAC Championship title. I don't see anyone in the conference keeping up with us. We'll lose one WAC game maximum and could run the table!
    I can't believe your post. We lose to A&M worse than a Division 1AA team would and you act like we had a great game. That's possibly the biggest CROCK I've EVER seen posted on the BB&B. What game were you watching?

I attended the game and we LITERALLY had ONE PLAY to cheer about all night. (Luke's long run) ONE! It was the worst offensive performance I've seen by Tech in about 8 to 10 years. And I'm NOT kidding. As bad as we played, we're just lucky we didn't have to play against the Aggie BAND last night. Because the way the Aggie band played last night, they would have EASILY kicked LA Tech's butt. And I mean LA Tech's FOOTBALL TEAM!

I saw Chris Van Hoy and his family at a food store in College Station after the game. I personally told Van Hoy that the defensive players should ask the Tech coaches to make the Tech offensive players run wind sprints on Monday afternoon because those offensive guys didn't break a sweat all night. Luke REPEATEDLY missed his mark on passes, Joe Smith only broke ONE (1) tackle all night, and our WR's have no clue how to get "open".

Furthermore, the offensive playcalling was unimaginative and pitiful. No "shuffle passes" or "double screen" passes (fake to one side and screen to the other) to offset the Aggie blitz, very few bootleg rollout passes --even though it worked perfectly on the couple of occasions when they did run it-- and Luke absolutely REFUSED to throw the football to Amad Harris despite Harris being open ALL NIGHT! What's with that? Is Luke pissed at Harris about something?

On defense our DB's are without question, the worst in America and they continually give up the big play. In addition to giving up the two long "floater" passes worthy of a "fair catch", our DB's were repeatedly beat deep and repeatedly drew pass interference and holding calls. They also dropped 2 potential INT's. And once we FINALLY did get an INT, it was taken away from us by the refs because one of our OTHER DB's (who will remain nameless!) committed a "defensive holding" call on another Aggie reciever 20 yards away from the intended receiver. Oh....and the playcalling was terrible.

It's the same old story DW. Nothing has changed except these guys just aren't as good as we thought they would be.

HD

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar
    I totally agree with you HogDog. I was disgusted leaving the stadium last night. We were totally outmatched by a team we really could have beaten.

I'm ready for Luke to put up big numbers against top 25 teams like Rattay did. It seems he pads his stats only against East Central Northwestern States of the college world.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    Here is what I thought about the game.

A&M only needed 4 points to beat us. We were extremely lucky that the busted play resulted in 3 points. The A&M defense is for real. The scheme was excellent. They were dropping 8 as soon as they saw pass and when a ball was caught, they were flying to the receiver. So much speed on defense! It is too much to expect a QB to be able to move the ball with a 4-on-8 matchup. There are not a lot of seams in a defense that drops 8 men into coverage. The offensive line did a terrific job against the 3 men rushing, but there was simply no one open to throw to. Luke made some great decisions and had a good night running the ball instead of forcing passes. We have to improve the running game to take pressure off our QB.

In the first half, the defense played great against the run, but A&M's receivers were wide open. Our game plan was to force them to pass to beat us. I can't argue with that game plan based on what I have seen A&M's offense do this year. However, for some reason, they were making good throws and making the catches which they haven't been able to do this year up until our game. I think they had about 50 yards rushing at half time and most of that came on their last drive when they ran a couple of draw plays. Our defensive line dominated their offensive line in the first half and I was excited to see that. In the second half, the coaching staff did an excellent job of shutting down the misdirection roll-out passes that had been so successful for A&M in the first half. However, A&M's success passing the ball in the first half forced us to respect their passing game, which opened up their running game. In listening to the post game show, Slocum said that was the game plan coming in----pass the ball early to set up the run. Credit their coaching staff with an excellent game plan. A&M passed for about 50 yards in the second half, but rushed for about 150. That has to be frustrating for our coaches and players.

We bitch and complain about turnovers costing us games. It was obvious that the coaching staff didn't want turnovers to beat us last night. The play calling was conservative and we didn't have a turnover until very late in the game. We were also "in the game" until very late, but it was fairly obvious that we were not going to score against A&M. I think we had a choice of playing conservative and not giving up turnovers or throwing all over the place for 4 or 5 interceptions and we chose to keep it conservative.

We had several calls that broke our backs. Trailing 10-0 in the second quarter, we had the ball in A&M's territory facing a 3rd and 14. Luke drops back and finds Curry on a crossing pattern for a gain of 19 yards and first down at about the A&M 25. However, there was a pass interference call way away from the play that didn't affect the play at all. 15 yard penalty makes it 3rd and 29 on Tech's side of the field. That was a momentum-buster and it hurt us. The "halo rule" is something we have to work on. One of the calls wasn't our fault because the return man was sprinting up to catch a short punt and there was nothing our player could have done. But, A&M had GREAT field position all night and I thought our defense did a good job holding them to only 17 points for 54 minutes of the game. I was hoping we would win the field position battle and get alot of field goals, but A&M won it with their defense and it was the difference in the game. On the next to last drive, we are trailing 17-3, and have 3rd and 10 at around the 50 and Luke throws a beautiful pass to Erick Franklin for a gain of 25 yards and a 1st down at around the A&M 35, but another bogus call by the officials broke our backs. I will have to watch the replay, but it appeared that Franklin was in bounds, perhaps BOTH feet in bounds. Did anyone see that catch on TV? Was he in bounds? That call hurt bad. I felt that the officiating was poor and they seemed to have their agenda. But, that should be expected and I don't know if we win the game without the poor officiating anyway. But, man every time we made a big play, it was negated by a call that had no effect on the outcome of the play.

A&M was the best team we have played and they were very well coached and they deserved the win. If we played them 100 times, we might score 2 or 3 touchdowns. We were beat before we even showed up, but we didn't know that. However, a team with a good offense would have scored 60 or more points against us considering the great field position they enjoyed. They will lose some games because of the lack of offense. We just don't have the horses on offense to play with that great defense.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute
    I must have been tuned into the wrong PPV, DogsWin, because for my $29.95 I saw a team in red helments, blue pants and white jerseys stink up the place.

At first I thought your post was sarcasm, but as I read further, I think you actually believe that this team looked good. There were NO bright spots. You may can put Luke's scramble/run in that catagory, but the Aggies toyed with Tech all night long. It should have been even worse. Fumble on the goal line and a missed chip shot field goal would have added 10 more points.

The only time we even sniffed the 20 yard line was when Luke somehow got down to about the 10 on his run. I can understand being shut down by a great defense, but aren't we supposed to have this "kick ass" offense that racks up yardage with little effort?
    And what about the #106 offense in the country running all over our defense? This is the same team (and same QB) that ULL pretty much shut down!

We now have strung together 6 pitiful quarters of football and it better change or we will get battered around by the likes of Rice.
    I fear it's gonna be a long rest of the season.

Tech is now 1-19 against ranked teams since 1989, by the way. That is unacceptable.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    Franklin was very much in bounds when he caught that pass. I thought Bicknell was gonna blow his top since it happened right in front of him.....

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04
    Franklin was very much in bounds when he caught that pass. I thought Bicknell was gonna blow his top since it happened right in front of him.....
    DITTO>>IN BOUNDS BIG TIME!

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04
    Aggie Refs, Aggie Refs, Aggie Refs...

Puppy DAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really niceDAWGFAN04 is just really nice
    home of the 13th, 14th, and 15th man!!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    I watched the game on a HUGE screen with about 5 tvs all around and the benefit of numerous replays. There was no stadium seat better than my view of this game.

Texas A&M was CLEARLY THE BEST defensive line we have faced and possibly the best team we've played this season. The "death" of their offense was grossly over-hyped by the media all week.

The Aggies players, coaches, & fans wanted to prove a point to the world in this game (kinda like we did vs. Tulsa). They had a tough time doing this as the score was 17-3 in the 4th quarter. It could have been much tougher on them too had the Big12 officials not voided our interception, which allow A&M to go up 24-3. Several Aggies fans around me agreed we were screwed on this phantom call & it closed us out in the game. The next possession we threw the interception which they returned to our 3 yard line- final score 31-3.

At one point A&M had 3 penalties for 30 yards and Tech had zero. If I recall correctly in the 4th quarter A&M still had just the 30 yards of penalties and we had right at 100 consecutive yards in penalties before A&M's next penalty.

Louisiana Tech is a very good football team, just not good enough to beat the #24 team in the country (with it's #2 defense in NCAA football) on the road and the Big12 referees. That's just the way it is when you have to play on the road.

You'll see much different LA Tech final scores the rest of the season.
    ________
    Watch free xxx movies online
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by parisdog
    I totally agree with you HogDog. I was disgusted leaving the stadium last night. We were totally outmatched by a team we really could have beaten.

I'm ready for Luke to put up big numbers against top 25 teams like Rattay did. It seems he pads his stats only against East Central Northwestern States of the college world.
    You must be a newcomer!! Do you not know about ( or have conveniently forgetten) his stats against Auburn, Miami, (and yes, even Penn State), etc. etc.??? It's easy to forget that Tim had some miserable games mixed in there with the big ones, too!! Luke still is maturing and has a lot of talent! Unfortunately, he is not blessed with the recieving corps and OC that Tim had and that makes a big difference!!

You need to check your facts a little better and at least get your gun out of the holster before firing!! MIght save a few toes!

+ Reply to Thread