+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech Looked Good Tonight vs #24 TX A&M

Varsity Bulldog Rossp917 is an unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin
    We only turned the ball over once (in the 4th quarter) which Texas A&M converted into an easy 7 points.
    I hate to sound like a moaner, but the team at this point was very frustrated from the numerous bad calls during the game. You could tell it in their late 4th quarter effort, and I am certain that frustration caused the interception.

Take those 7 and the 7 that the aggies scored after the "defensive holding" and it was much closer. Assuming that we scored on one or both of the Curry and Franklin receptions that were poo-pooed on, and we gave them a heck of a ballgame.

I have to give it to our guys, they still looked good in front of an incredible defense even through all of the hardship.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    To T-Won......

Your's is the most intelligent review of the game I have yet to read on BB&B, (including my own).

Good analysis!!

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    [quote:ed21035bb8="Dawg04"]Franklin was very much in bounds when he caught that pass. I thought Bicknell was gonna blow his top since it happened right in front of him.....
    Aggie Refs, Aggie Refs, Aggie Refs...[/quote:ed21035bb8]

Yeah, they became the "13th Man" !!! Without their help, the Aggies probably would still have won, but it would have been much much closer!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pup60
    [quote:d981827425="parisdog"]I totally agree with you HogDog. I was disgusted leaving the stadium last night. We were totally outmatched by a team we really could have beaten.

I'm ready for Luke to put up big numbers against top 25 teams like Rattay did. It seems he pads his stats only against East Central Northwestern States of the college world.
    You must be a newcomer!! Do you not know about ( or have conveniently forgetten) his stats against Auburn, Miami, (and yes, even Penn State), etc. etc.??? It's easy to forget that Tim had some miserable games mixed in there with the big ones, too!! Luke still is maturing and has a lot of talent! Unfortunately, he is not blessed with the recieving corps and OC that Tim had and that makes a big difference!!

You need to check your facts a little better and at least get your gun out of the holster before firing!! MIght save a few toes![/quote:d981827425]

First of all, it was nice meeting you yesterday. Glad to see you make it to the game. I enjoyed our visit at the Tech gathering.

Next, you need to go easy on our new poster Parisdog. He's a real fan and he SHOWED UP at College Station just like you and I did. And he's also got a valid point.

Luke didn't WIN a single one of those games you mentioned (Miami, Auburn, Penn State, etc..) Furthermore, a stong case could be made that Luke choked with the INT against Auburn in OT (he also threw 5 int's that day) and the 4 consecutive turnovers against Penn State. (I can't remember the Miami stats. But that was 2 yrs ago, so who cares?)

And who can forget Luke's performances against Tulsa in the 11th game last year (135 yds passing) and Kansas State (144 yds, 2 int's, only 9 team 1st downs) the week before. Now we've seen Luke have a crappy game against Clemson in the H-bowl (3 int's), again against Clemson this season and finally against Texas A&M last night (172 yds).

If I did my math right, that's 6 underperforming games (KSU, Tulsa, Clemson-H-Bowl, Clemson-2002, Penn State and Texas A&M) for Luke in the last 8 games. And this doesn't include the 3 dead quarters against OSU before the tremendous comeback. As for Tulsa in 2002, Luke looked fine, but that game was over in the 1st quarter.

Looks to me like Parisdog DID do his homework and the FACTS seem to bear him out pretty well. :biggrin:

HD

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by parisdog
    I totally agree with you HogDog. I was disgusted leaving the stadium last night. We were totally outmatched by a team we really could have beaten.

I'm ready for Luke to put up big numbers against top 25 teams like Rattay did. It seems he pads his stats only against East Central Northwestern States of the college world.
    But I will post some numbers this afternoon that will blow that myth out of the water -

Tim made his living off of old SLC schools and Sunbelt schools and struggled mightly against BCS schools like A&M, USC and Auburn -

+ Reply to Thread