+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rice Game - Who's going?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    I'm STILL excited about the Rice game next weekend. I made my reservations and got my tickets a few weeks ago. If anybody is looking for a cheap room over there, I got a room for $50/night at the Renaissance by the medical center on Priceline.com. They say its a 4 star hotel - hope its nice. Sounds close to stuff anyway.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    I'm there to cheer on the Dawgs!!!

Did I hear correct that this game is being played in Reliant Stadium.
    If so, that will be cool. I'd like to see how nice it is.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Haven't heard where it is - guess I ought to check the tickets. Not even sure where Reliant Stadium is.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar
    Yep, it's at Reliant. I think it may be the first college game in the stadium. I'll be there.

Varsity Bulldog dawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the roughdawgbytes is a jewel in the rough dawgbytes's Avatar
    Reliant Stadium is next to the Astrodome on Kirby Drive and Interstate 610 (the loop). If coming from La. on US 59, continue past downtown to Interstate 610 West. You'll continue on a mile or two and take the Kirby exit (if its open; some construction going on and I forget which exits are closed). If closed, go to next exit and circle back.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I'll be there! I am staying with friends. It is at Reliant and that is probably the ONLY place in Houston that you don't need detailed directions to. It is absolutely HUGE!

I am still hurting over last night, but the way I see it is we can cry about how horrible it was OR start fighting our way back. We now have to concentrate on winning the WAC. It is very doable, but only if we get pumped up again. The Dawgs need us more now than after a victory.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I'll be there with RougeDawg.

Go to the Events forum to find information about the Tech tailgate and directions to Reliant Stadium.

Varsity Bulldog 007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice 007dawg's Avatar
    Anyone know where I can get tickets and have them by Friday ... will they be on sale at the gate?

I have to negotiate my way out of working on Saturday, but my wife and I are strongly considering driving down.

kirk

Varsity Bulldog DawginBR is an unknown
    I will be there with the Mrs. We are staying at my sister's hotel (ha ha) so there will be 6 in our group. GO DAWGS

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007dawg
    Anyone know where I can get tickets and have them by Friday ... will they be on sale at the gate?

I have to negotiate my way out of working on Saturday, but my wife and I are strongly considering driving down.

kirk
    Reliant Stadium holds nearly 70,000. Rice only averages about 10,000-12,000. Should not be a problem getting a ticket at the gate.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    I'll be there!!!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    I'll be in Houston to watch our Dawgs go to 2-0 in the WAC.

How many WAC teams with big out of conference wins went to a bowl game last year? Hawaii immediately comes to mind with their astonishing blowout of undefeated & Top10 ranked BYU- no bowl game. Boise St beat undefeated, Top10 ranked Fresno State & Hawaii last year- no bowl game for them either as they sat in the frigid stands watching Louisiana Tech play on their field!

In 2000 before we joined the WAC, San Jose State beat Stanford & Top10 ranked TCU- no bowl game for them either as they sat at home and watched TCU on tv.

Like it or not, #1 or #2 in the WAC is what matters, folks.

Out of Conference wins get you into polls, Conference wins get you into Bowls!
    ________
    FFM SHOWER
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Big Dog Buddy1972 is an unknown
    Signed up for the tailgate on alumni site and looking forward to a Bulldog victory in the first collegiate game played in Reliant.

Did many people go to the Tech Alumni tailgate function at A&M. If so, did it make you want to go to the Rice one? I'm sort of leaning to us not going to the tailgate party, but don't want to miss something really fun if everybody else is going.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    I'll be ther with at least my two boys (5 and 2) and my 5 year old's best friends family...now, if I can convince Momma to stay with my other 2 year old I'll have 9 in my party!

+ Reply to Thread