+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Priceless......

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    Trip to Boise, ID to see players partying it up the night before the first bowl game in ten years…..$1100

Trip to Penn State to see missed opportunity after missed opportunity….$600 and 30k hotel points

Tailgating supplies, hotel rooms and season tickets to all five 2002 “home” games….$2000

Hearing all the excuses about poor facilities, lack of talent and bad officiating from the fans and how great the other teams are from our coaches after we get our butts kicked……PRICELESS

My thoughts about this football season:

1) There is no leadership from the coaches or players with this team. If we win the rest of our games, it will be because of talent, and not that we have a good team (there is a difference). I am not really pissed because we lost, but the effort by the players and coaches has been horrible. 2 yard outs on 3rd and long is just plain stupid. OSU is bad, PSU and Clemson are good and A&M is ok (great on D, bad on O), but none are world beaters as we made them look.

2) If I see another article from the Tech website that starts out with “Heisman Trophy candidate and junior….” , I am going to go nuts!! Every college football player in the country is a candidate, but you don’t see “Heisman trophy candidate Matt Mauck” in the papers down here. It’s embarrassing. Just drop it until we start winning some big games.

3) For those worried about fan support, we just took a huge step backwards. There were a lot of Tech Alums at the game that aren’t big fans. That was our chance to win them over. How did we do??

4) For all of you that are sensitive to criticism of the players and coaches, welcome to D1 football. If you don’t like it, my 4 year old godchild plays on a soccer team and they don’t keep score. He would be happy to have you come cheer him on!!

Reddawg

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg
    Trip to Boise, ID to see players partying it up the night before the first bowl game in ten years…..$1100

Trip to Penn State to see missed opportunity after missed opportunity….$600 and 30k hotel points

Tailgating supplies, hotel rooms and season tickets to all five 2002 “home” games….$2000

Hearing all the excuses about poor facilities, lack of talent and bad officiating from the fans and how great the other teams are from our coaches after we get our butts kicked……PRICELESS

My thoughts about this football season:

1) There is no leadership from the coaches or players with this team. If we win the rest of our games, it will be because of talent, and not that we have a good team (there is a difference). I am not really pissed because we lost, but the effort by the players and coaches has been horrible. 2 yard outs on 3rd and long is just plain stupid. OSU is bad, PSU and Clemson are good and A&M is ok (great on D, bad on O), but none are world beaters as we made them look.

2) If I see another article from the Tech website that starts out with “Heisman Trophy candidate and junior….” , I am going to go nuts!! Every college football player in the country is a candidate, but you don’t see “Heisman trophy candidate Matt Mauck” in the papers down here. It’s embarrassing. Just drop it until we start winning some big games.

3) For those worried about fan support, we just took a huge step backwards. There were a lot of Tech Alums at the game that aren’t big fans. That was our chance to win them over. How did we do??

4) For all of you that are sensitive to criticism of the players and coaches, welcome to D1 football. If you don’t like it, my 4 year old godchild plays on a soccer team and they don’t keep score. He would be happy to have you come cheer him on!!

Reddawg
    EXCELLENT POST, Reddawg! My sentiments EXACTLY. Especially the part about the posters that are "sensitive" to player criticism.

By the way, you may have noticed that the most "sensitive" posters are the ones that didn't attend the game anyway. Food for thought: They have little or no skin in the game. Why should we care what they think anyway?

As long as I'm pouring money down the Tech drain pipe, I'll criticize the team all I want. Especially when I have to drive 8 hours roundtrip to see that pathetic Division 1AA performance by Tech that I saw last night.

HD

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down
    What really sucks is that Bicknell is making a lot of excuses and he talks like he doesn't believe in the players.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar
    Reddawg,
    I have been a very active member of Bulldawgs Barks and Bytes since 1999. That is by far the best post ever put on the board. You are so correct in everything that you said. You are right when you say there is no leadership. We have none. All I hear is "It's very frustrating" Good post man, you are dead on.

Puppy bulldog92 seems to have something between the earsbulldog92 seems to have something between the earsbulldog92 seems to have something between the earsbulldog92 seems to have something between the earsbulldog92 seems to have something between the earsbulldog92 seems to have something between the ears
    I especially agree with dropping the McCown for Heissman crap!

Varsity Bulldog OkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to allOkieDawg is a name known to all
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog92
    I especially agree with dropping the McCown for Heissman crap!
    ditto! Until he can perform against BCS teams CONSISTENTLY, he shouldn't be considered.

All you Luke for Heisman hypers on this board can rip me a new one, but we are expecting too much from this guy.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    It's the "even year" jinks, guys. I always worry about football season on even numbered years. It may be my imagination, but it just seems to be that we don't do what we should on those years, regardless of who is the coach.

All kidding aside, of course I'm disappointed in this loss, especially the wide margin. However, I also can't say that I didn't know there was a good chance our record would be exactly what it is today. OSU, Clemson, Penn State and Texas A&M in the first five weeks, with three of those on the road would be hard for any team. I'm just glad that killer run is over.

After this loss, I expected the criticisms that are on this board, and quite frankly thought it would be worse. Go ahead an vent, it probably do you some good. All I ask is that you don't become disheartened. There is still a lot of work to be done by the supporters of this program, and it needs to be done whether we are winning against he evil empire or not.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Hey REDDAWG, keep those posts coming.

Puppy HotDawg24C is an unknown
    92, I dont know who started that hiesman crap but hopefully they drop it. Luke is good, but its obvious he's no Tim Rattay. Also our receviers (Oh our our receivers!!!!) suck so bad I think their heads are going to cave in when the walk out on the field. We just graduated a group of guys a couple of years ago that had the "magic" that it takes to be a winning team. They weren't the best in the NCAA but they were awful close and they could work together as a team. I have wondered this season if the current team has that closeness at all. I've been wondering if Bic ought to take these guys and run them through one of these "confidence coarses" that corporations uses for team building to try and get these guys a little tighter. Also I beleive the offensive coordinator needs to find some place else to work, maybe before the season is over. :roll:

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down
    There is only so much that the fans can do. It is the coaches job to prepare them and have ready. To make adjustments, especially for things that don't work, which they never do. Bick has been feeding us with nothing but horse bleep!

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar
    By the way, since the crash, it is necessary for me to ignore LBP again. I assume this can be done, and if I have any trouble, I will ask for help.

Note: I did in fact try the old way of ignoring this guy. Are we far enough along with the development of this board so that I can ignore him, or do I just need to grin and bare it for now?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Good post, Sooner, I hope all these negative posters are in the gym working out and spending a little time banging heads with some of their neighbors on a basketball court or someplace.
    These guys are all consistent winners and just can't relate to the reality of athletics that the ordinary person experiences.
    I am interested in reading our injury report, hoping to find that the Dawgs survived the first five games without any season-ending injury.

Some people didn't want to play this year's extremely tough early season out-of-conference schedule because of the beating our guys would take.
    The survivors ought to be more confident and more realistic about what they have to do to win.
    I wanted the Dawgs to be 5-0 at this point, but I don't have any complaints. It is easy to see problems from the outside but only the people involved can really correct them. I hope we can all approach the upcoming conference games with the same positive attitude we might have had going in with a 5-0 record. Any appearance of arrogance is gone and that is a positive situation.
    We are 1-0 in conference and the WAC title now is the only goal to seek, one win at a time!

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    By the way, since the crash, it is necessary for me to ignore LBP again. I assume this can be done, and if I have any trouble, I will ask for help.

Note: I did in fact try the old way of ignoring this guy. Are we far enough along with the development of this board so that I can ignore him, or do I just need to grin and bare it for now?
    Grin and bare it for now. It will be middle of the week before we can start installing mods. See my post in the help section.

Sorry,
    TDF

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    Sooner,
    As I said, I am not pissed about a loss. 2-3 at this point in the season is not to bad considering the sched. My problem is with the performance, or lack of. Give me a hard fought loss any day (i.e. Auburn 2001) and I am proud. I don't know if most of you made the trip to A&M or not, but there was no fire in the team or on the sidelines whatsoever. NONE. That is what pisses me off.

Reddawg

Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the game because my daughter was playing in a tennis tournament in Lafayette this weekend. So, I obviously cannot argue with whether there was a lack of emotion on the team.

I will urge this caution however. Teams, like individuals, have a personality. Some people are emotional, and respond positively to a frenzied state. Other people are stoic, and play better if they are calm. I don't worry about a lack of emotion. If you say the team was "flat," I won't argue, because I wasn't there. Instead, I was relegated to calling Dirty and Vette to get updates because I couldn't even get the game on the radio.

+ Reply to Thread