+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RICE TAILGATE INFORMATION

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    See http://TechvsRice.latechalumni.org for more details and a printable map

Register at http://www.latechalumni.org/cgi-bin/...:prodevt-rice+

See http://www.houstontexans.com/facility/ for more info on Reliant Stadium.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Ezra Charles the name will sell tickets!

Question: Has a world-famous boxer started a band?
    Has his son or grandson started a band?
    Has another worthless group of people who can make loud noise adopted a famous name to try to get gigs?

Another question. The chart shows the Reliant name on the whole area. If the Astrodome still exists, why build another stadium? What does Reliant sell and how did it find accountants talented enough to keep it out of trouble?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    I've never heard of Ezra Charles in any respect, Aub? Who is/was he? Judging from your message I'm assuming there's an Ezra Charles that's a boxer - the world famous part I can't vouch for.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Markay, the following passage is on a Web site maintained by a female fan of boxing. The address is
    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/E.../5948/pug.html

"I was lucky, I was able to spend lots of time at the Famous Kronk Gym in Detroit. *In there I was able to watch the amateurs with the dream of becoming another Tommy Hearns, and the new pro's who think they may be better than Tommy Hearns, the pro's who realized that they can be their own person in the ring, and ride on their own skills, and the old pro's who had it once and trying to regain it again. *And if you want to hear what boxing used to be like "in the days" just sit down with some of the trainers, at Kronk some have fought Ezra Charles, Joe Louis, Muhammad Ali ..and they are imparting the wisdom and knowledge of my beloved sport to these young fighters who never saw Ezra Charles, and know Joe Louis because there is a statue of his fist in downtown Detroit. *If you ever get a chance to go to a boxing gym, please go....it will certainly shed new light on what takes place inside the square circle.....because this is where the boxer is made... "

More from the same Web site by the same woman:
    "I grew up with boxing, I would sit at my Grandfather's feet and watch the fights.. sponsored by Gillette and the announcer most of the time was Jimmy Lennon Sr. let me add here, Jimmy Jr. would make his daddy proud..I learned to love boxing way back then. *My Grandfather was a fighter in England back before they had gloves to protect their hands, and there was no such thing as a 10 round fight...they fought until one of them couldn't stand anymore..sometimes 30, 40 50 and even 100 rounds, all without the protection that is required in todays boxing matches. *My father was also a boxer, when he was in school at Atherton High School in Flint, Michigan. *And my husband (although I didn't know this at first) was also a boxer in Indianapolis, Indiana. *So I have been around boxing all my life, and I love it."

link to old photo of Ezra Charles being hit by Rocky Marciano.

http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywo...g/xmarchar.jpg

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    I hate to miss the TAILGATE but I will make the game.

Bulldog DAWGSWIN seems to have something between the earsDAWGSWIN seems to have something between the earsDAWGSWIN seems to have something between the earsDAWGSWIN seems to have something between the earsDAWGSWIN seems to have something between the earsDAWGSWIN seems to have something between the earsDAWGSWIN seems to have something between the ears DAWGSWIN's Avatar
    The boxer's name was Ezzard Charles. An undersized heavyweight who won the title from Joe Louis and lost it to Joe Walcott.

Dawgswin is correct, Markay. Interesting, however, that others called Ezzard Charles Ezra Charles on the internet!

EZZARD CHARLES never weighed more than 200 pounds, but he was an outstanding heavyweight champion. Charles was undefeated as an amateur and won the 1939 AAU National middleweight title before turning pro in 1940.

Many of Charles' early fights were against the world's top middleweight and light heavyweights. He defeated the likes Teddy Yarosz, Charley Burley and Joey Maxim and drew with Ken Overlin.

After military service during World War II, Charles defeated Hall-of-Famer Archie Moore and avenged losses to Lloyd Marshall and Jimmy Bivins to earn a No. 2 ranking at light heavyweight in 1946. He fought five light heavyweight champions, beating four of them, but never challenged for the light heavyweight crown.

Charles finally won the vacant NBA heavyweight title by defeating Jersey Joe Walcott in 1949. He earned worldwide recognition as heavyweight king the next year by decisioning an aged Joe Louis. After three successful defenses of the undisputed crown, he lost the title in a third battle with Walcott.

After Walcott lost to Rocky Marciano, Charles challenged the Rock in two unforgettable fights. The first time Marciano retained the title on a close decision and, two months later, stopped Charles in the eighth round of a fight that was nearly stopped because Marciano's nose was split open.

http://www.ibhof.com/ezzard.htm

Site honoring Ezzard Charles in Hall of Fame.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    For $15 bucks a head a prize fight should be included. What are they serving?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    For $15 bucks a head a prize fight should be included. What are they serving?
    DITTO MONTY! I think I will wait on the nachos and dogs for this one. See you there.

+ Reply to Thread