+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A&M Defense

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    Following are the offensive stats for A&M's four opponents so far

La Tech
    1st Downs: 10
    Total Yards: 251
    3rd Down: 6-18 33%
    Pts Allowed: 3

Va Tech
    1st Downs: 13
    Total Yards: 248
    3rd Downs 3-14 21%
    Pts Allowed: 13

Pitt
    1st Downs: 18
    Total Yards: 232
    3rd Down: 6-17 35%
    Pts Allowed: 12

U LaLa
    1st Downs: 12
    Total Yards: 205
    3rd down: 6-14 43%
    Pts Allowed: 7

We actually have gained the most yards against the A&M defense this year. Could we have beaten A&M this year. The answer is yes, if everything worked our way. Kyle field is a TOUGH place to play and win. Va Tech broke A&M's 28 game non-conference home game win streak. I guess I am the "cup is half full" kinda of person. We were only down 17 - 3 well into the 4th quarter. One play was all we needed to be right there knocking on the door. Unfortunately we didn't get the "one play" A&M tacked on a couple late scores to make it look worse than it was. Although, I thought we had a chance to win, I also thought the possilbility of this game being tougher than PSU or Clemson. For the following reasons.

1. Good teams NO LONGER LOOK PAST US. The big boys know we are a threat so they now prepare for us.

2. RC Slocum is in danger of losing his job. He lit the fires unders some peoples butt this week(making an OC change mid-season shows had bad it is)

3. They lost at home last week. (if they would have won last week, would have been better for us)

4. The Wreckin Crew is back. They are BIG, STRONG and FAST. And like we say all the time. Speed kills. This is suppose to be the best A&M defense in many years.

We were not going to win a shoot out with A&M. I thought we would score more than 3, but we didn't. Now the real season begins. Back to Back in the WAC!! Go Bowling again, put together another solid recruiting class and we will continue to get bigger, stronger and faster.

We have played a super tough OOC schedule. Not a single one of our losses were we "blown away' ala Fresno St vs Oregon St.
    Some of the scores may look like bad, but we were in each game into the 3rd or 4th quarter. It used to be in theses games we would be out of it by halftime. We are making progress in the right direction, but growth does not happen overnite.

GO DAWGS!!!
    BACK 2 BACK in the WAC

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    NTXDawg, thanks for posting those stats, it's interesting that Virginia Tech had less total yardage than us. This was definitely a close game into the 4th quarter. Also I was pleased that we only gave up 7 points off turnovers. That was far less than the 20+ points each that we gave Clemson & Penn State.

As far as winning the A&M game though- "There is no way the Big12 officials are going to let that happen". <- This was a quote from one of the Aggies fans sitting next to me watching the game. He was right as we had 100 consecutive penalty yards at one point before A&M received another flag. Our interception being voided on top of this was enormous.

It's all history now, on to another WAC Championship.
    ________
    Wendie 99
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread