+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What IF.....

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    These schools had been the ones playing our OOC schedule, getting Ok State at home at road games at Clemson, Penn State and A&M.

-- LSU

-- Arkansas

-- Ole Miss

-- Mississippi State

-- Southern Miss

-- Louisville

-- TCU

What would their record have been? Here's my guess:

LSU -- 2-2

Arkansas 1-3

Ole Miss 1-3

Miss. State 0-4

Southern Miss 1-3

Louisville 1-3

TCU 0-4

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    LSU 2-2? who else would they beat?

1-3 tops, maybe 0-4, Mauck couldn't lead a comeback against OSU if they fell behind by 18 pts.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Right now I'd say Arkansas might be 0-4 as well as LSU.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg80
    LSU 2-2? who else would they beat?

1-3 tops, maybe 0-4, Mauck couldn't lead a comeback against OSU if they fell behind by 18 pts.
    Lsu's defense would have never been down by 18 points in the first place, their defense is faster and better than ours. But you are right about Mauck not leading them back from an 18 point deficit and that means for any game they play this season

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    "What if" we had played good (not even great) football:

OSU Same result W
    Clemson 26-20 L
    TU Same W
    PSU 35-28 L
    TAMU 20-17 L

Same record, much more respectable performances.

Reddawg

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    We did play good in all those games, even so is Tech playing to win or to play close games and get respect.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg
    "What if" we had played good (not even great) football:

OSU Same result W
    Clemson 26-20 L
    TU Same W
    PSU 35-28 L
    TAMU 20-17 L

Same record, much more respectable performances.

Reddawg
    Penn State -

I felt that they played a much better all around game vs A&M than they did at Clemson or Penn State -

I just don't see where ya'll are coming from -

We don't have the depth or the talent to go 3 out of 4 games vs top 25 teams...

And we will be DAMN lucky if we can keep JBIII at the end of the year - because he is a hot young coach on the National Level...

What is the old saying -

"You don't know what you have got until its gone..."

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Dawg80, Maybe I should have put: LSU 2-2 at best; In my opinion they are the only school on that whole list that would have had any chance to be 2-2 against our schedule, and I will agree that they would have just as likely been 1-3. (I do think they would have beaten Ok State at home).
    --
    My main point is this. We have got good Tech fans who are blistering our coaches, and I don't think our coaches are deserving of that much criticism. This schedule was a killer. If we had wanted to we could have ended up with a "respecable" loss in each one of these games. But our mindset is we play to win. In trying to make things happen late in the games when we are behind we ended up giving up more points in all three losses. Get real, people. We weren't picked to win the national championship. We weren't even picked to win the WAC. Let's see if we can do THAT.

Big Dog Memdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really niceMemdawg is just really nice Memdawg's Avatar
    Tech77,

Finally, a post that has some logic to it... There have been a few realistic posts, mostly by DFM, but these posts that rip our players and coaches are absolutely ridiculous.... I have gotten so tired of reading how bad we SUCK, that it isn't even fun to come to the board anymore!!

Early in the spring when the "Bataan Death March" came out, we had some of the same people stating how "stupid" it was to put our team in this position...
    Now that we have come out of that stretch of the schedule, some of the same people are bitching b/c we didn't win all FIVE games!!!

Do I feel like we could have won another of the BCS games, yeah, with a Ton of Luck, help from the other team and maybe playing one at HOME!!!!

We have people who are so blind, that if we lined up against the Patriots and didn't win, THEY'D BE PISSED AND CALLING FOR THE COACHES HEADS AND SAYING HOW BAD OUR PLAYERS SUCK!!!

I hope like all get out, that our players can regroup and load up for their 3rd road game in a row and perform to their abilities this week at Rice... If we do, we will win... Rice, is by no means any easy place to play!!

I will continue to give as much money, time and support to the Dawgs and La. Tech, that I possibly can... I hope everyone on the BBB will do the same... Right now, is when our team, program, coaches, players, mascots, and anybody else with LT on their shirt needs our support!!!!

Let's go kick Rice's A$$!!!!!
    How does Slau say it??? WAR WIN!!!!! :twisted:

Thanks, Memdawg. I'm with you. Now is the time to show you're a real Tech fan and supporter. Just think two or three years back. Before the WAC announcement was made we would have KILLED for a chance to play the teams which are now in our conference. Sure, I'd love to beat the Top 25 teams as much as anyone, but we've got a real chance to win two WAC championships in a row. The teams are not Top 25, but there are 5 of our conference opponents are Top 50 or top 60 right now. And last year there were four, counting us, that were between Top 30 and Top 50 for most of the season. That's a big step up from just a few years back. Let's consistently be a Top 50 team, then a Top 40, then a Top 30, then we'll have a chance at being a Top 25. We've got a ways to go, but look where we were just a short while back. With the exception of one or two really good years, we were NOWHERE.

+ Reply to Thread