+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing? MickeyS7

Puppy 8462 is an unknown
    How come Coach Mickey hasn't been around lately . . .

[Admin Edit for Lack of Respect]

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Show some respect to Coach Slaughter.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    I imagine it's because Coach Mick -- who was a great college and pro quarterback and an OUTSTANDING college offensive coordinator -- can't stand listening to a bunch of armchair quarterbacks who don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    8462 - Where Coach Slaughter has been is really none of your business.

"The General" has a special place in the hearts of ALL BB&B members and not only DESERVES our respect, but has EARNED IT! He comes onto this board not under some false name, but as himself which is more than you and many of the rest of us do.

Your post was OUT OF LINE. Coach is a better judge of football talent than anyone else on this board INCLUDING YOURSELF.

TDF

Varsity Bulldog 007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice 007dawg's Avatar
    I was wondering what happened to Bobby Slaughter and Dan Newman ... after the S'port hype cooled down last spring, they disappeared!

kirk

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by 007dawg
    I was wondering what happened to Bobby Slaughter and Dan Newman ... after the S'port hype cooled down last spring, they disappeared!

kirk
    quite often and Bobby is well informed -

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    [quote:7d3f03019a="007dawg"]I was wondering what happened to Bobby Slaughter and Dan Newman ... after the S'port hype cooled down last spring, they disappeared!

kirk
    quite often and Bobby is well informed -[/quote:7d3f03019a]

Just to clear things, I think 007's comment was a sincere one and not something sarcastic as was said about Coach.
    I for one really do miss all of the accurate insider info and perspectives that Dan and the Slaughters used to give.
    The other board was great.

I know that they still read the board. Many, MANY people read the board but don't post. Theirs were some of the most inciteful (sp?) post on this board.

I miss those guys!

TF!

Varsity Bulldog 007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice 007dawg's Avatar
    Thanks TechFreak ... it was a sincere post and wasn't meant to be demeaning to anyone. I just tended to lump the Slaughter boys and Dan Newman together as they were always well informed and had good accurate information.

I think maybe Dwayne was referring to my comments toward them regarding moving all 5 games to S'port last spring (I'm getting over my rage and have agreed that 2 games in S'port isn't all bad).

I don't hate anyone on here (except LSU fans and NLU wannabe's)!

Let me start over:

"Where have the Slaughter boys and Dan Newman run off to?"

Thanks for letting me clarify my statement! LOL!

kirk

Puppy 8462 is an unknown
    Why doesn't anyone discuss the fact that . . .

[ADMIN EDIT for SPECIFIC Player Comments]

. . . Like I said: talent does NOT mean championships.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    8462, Did you quarterback a team to the state championship game?
    We've put Luke into some real tough situations, where the other team's defense has had us outmanned and we're playing in front of 70,000 to 110,000 hostile fans (and some obviously biased referees at College Station). We're now starting conference play. Let's see how he does on a more even playing field. I have an idea he'll do GREAT, just like he did last year. Are you LBP's cousin?

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    8462 - PLEASE do not trash PLAYERS on the board. You can state your points WITHOUT some of this. Offer an ALTERNATIVE if you have an opinion and make your point without belittling someone who CHOOSE to come to Tech to play! If you think Causey or someone else should be at the helm, then build them UP without tearing Luke or another player DOWN!

Coaches are paid good money to be in the position they are. And WE help pay their salary. They are open to criticism. But players are a different story ENTIRELY.

How many times do we have to keep SAYING THIS?!?

TDF

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future
    I have not gone anywhere. I read the board every day with a great deal of interest and sincerely enjoy most of the posts. As you know, I have always been a proponent of our BB&Bers giving their opinions as regards Tech Football within the bounds of human decency. Most of the comments are thoughtful and really give cause for a person to think about different aspects of our football program.

When I left coaching, I made a vow to myself to NEVER be critical of a coach or a player because I have experienced the GRIND that is common to players & coaches. I know without any doubt that our Bulldog coaches & players are giving their very best, and that's good enough for me. I also know the constraints which drive our program which cause me to be most sympathetic to the challenges of our coaches & players. At the same time, I completely respect your right to say whatever is on your mind, within the bounds of human decency, as is most always the case with BB&Bers.

Many great ideas have come from this board. There have been improvements & innovations within our football program BECAUSE of the thoughts of several BB&Bers! I understand your frustrations. I understand your desire to be able to compete with the Aggies at Kyle Field and BEAT THEM! I have the same frustrations & the same intense desire to beat the BCS schools. I also understand the REALITY of where we are right now in our 1-A journey.

I suppose it was all summed up for me Saturday night prior to the beginning of the game. The girls being introduced were the Aggie Recruiting Hosts-about 50 of the best-looking women you've ever seen-with credit being given to them and those that preceded them for the Aggies having a TOP 5 RECRUITING CLASS in 7 OF THE LAST 10 YEARS. That is the REALITY of our current situation-competing against the top football players in the nation, at their home venue, with many thousands of fans supporting their every effort, and with officials who ought to be ASHAMED to 'HOME' in a situation like that!!

Puppy 8462 is an unknown
    it's about the difference between Ryan Leaf and Tom Brady. Leaf had all the physical talent in the world, and was the #2 pick in the draft. A bust. Tom Brady had to split time at Michigan with the more talented underclassman Drew Henson, was almost an afterthought in the NFL draft, but guess what: in the moment of truth, in the Super Bowl, with 1 minute and 20 seconds on the clock, he took his team down the field for the game winning field goal, and the championship. That's what I'm saying. Luke McCown is not Tom Brady, but he was handed the La Tech program and we're stuck with it.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute
    More Luke bashing.

It must suck to be you!!!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by 8462
    How come Coach Mickey hasn't been around lately . . .

[Admin Edit for Lack of Respect]
    Why did you change your name TOPCOUNT?

+ Reply to Thread