+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Schedule Ranks

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough
    Just thought you guys would want to see this.

FSU 12
    TECH 25
    UTEP 42
    Neve 46
    SMU 65
    Rice 70
    SJSU 81
    Tulsa 90
    BSU 94
    UH 131

These are from the USA Today. Sargarian (sp). We are 2 and 3 vs a top 25 Schedule. Lets see what happens in CONFERANCE play. Go Dawgs.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    That certainly stuck out to me as well. We've played a lot tougher schedule than a LOT of the BCS schools. Yes, it was a tough start, but I'm expecting great things from us in the WAC. It ought to be a fun ride when we're playing teams that should be about our same level (at least according to the Sagarin ratings). We always have next year to pull off another big surprise, but then again.... if we win the WAC we might have another shot at a name school in a bowl game. I'm certain we've learned much this year about playing with the big boys and now our guys will have already been to a bowl game. So, hope springs eternal ....

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by kdaniel72
    Just thought you guys would want to see this.

FSU 12
    TECH 25
    UTEP 42
    Neve 46
    SMU 65
    Rice 70
    SJSU 81
    Tulsa 90
    BSU 94
    UH 131

These are from the USA Today. Sargarian (sp). We are 2 and 3 vs a top 25 Schedule. Lets see what happens in CONFERANCE play. Go Dawgs.
    Be interesting to see where Marshall ranks in this. the last time I looked -- about 2 weeks ago - their SOS rank was # 110.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Good Post, Markay....

A lot of the posters calling for heads right now ( and I've probably been a little bit guilty of this myself) need to stop for a moment and look reality in the eye. These teams we've lost to are some very tough cookies and we really haven't been totally blown away, in games that have been played under some very difficult circumstances.

I remember this same dialogue this time last year after some of the big boys beat us and guess what --- after we almost ran the board in the WAC and did win it all -- some of the loudest negative mouths suddenly became big supporters and conveniently forgot their earlier diatribes!!!

For my own part in that, I'm going to resolve to at least try to be a little more objective this year!!!

We need to get behind the guys and the coaches and support them, because the remaining WAC schedule is going to be very tough. I don't really see an easy game out there with the "possible" exception of UTEP. Of course, having said that, I still want to see us go downfield a lot more often!!!!!

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    Sometimes I think it helps to get an opinion from someone not associated with the program. I work with 3 guys that are Oklahoma State grads. They didn't make the Shreveport game but all are big OSU fans and have talked to friends that went to the OSU - Tech game. They said the people that were there talked very favorably about our team. They were impressed with our effort and especially with our QB. They felt like OSU just wore out in the 2nd half but that we had alot to do with that.

Today one of these guys was talking about Tech and he said he felt like we played one of the toughest schedules of any non BCS schools. He's been keeping up with Tech since they played OSU and said he felt like we've been in every game and the final scores haven't been indicative of the way we've played. He then commented on the fact that Arkansas was dominated at home by a decent Alabama team and the score was could have been much worse. We both agreed that Tech hasn't been dominated like that playing 3 BCS teams that are equal to Alabama and we've played them all on the road. These are comments from someone on the outside looking in. Thought I'd share them.

Varsity Bulldog Bluedawg has turned a few heads around hereBluedawg has turned a few heads around here
    Good comments. I wonder if most Tech fans are upset that Tech wasn't more competitve or that Tech didn't win at least one of these big three road games.

Just remember that if OSU had intercepted that bad pass in the 4th they would have probably won by 2 TD's, given Tech's propensity to pile the big mistakes up once things start downhill. Then we would be 0-4 vs. the BCS.

BTW, just a reminder: Tech has played only 5 games against BCS teams in Shreveport since the move to 1A in 1989. We're 2-2-1 in those games. Not so bad. But we have played many BCS opponents who rarely lose OOC home games. Va. Tech broke A&M's 29 game home streak vs. OOC teams. It takes a top 10 team to win this kind of game. Tech is pretty good, but let's be realistic, we ain't that good. And neither are about 90 or so other 1A teams, if not more.

+ Reply to Thread