+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have faith, remember the year we were 8-3

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar
    Remember, didn't we get off to a bad start and then rebounded to the Top 25! We won 7 straight games!

Why can't we do it this year?

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Because we don't play a team ranked in the top 40 for the rest of the year.

We can and should win the rest of our games but I do not think that would be enough to crack the top 25.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Yeah we lost to Florida State and aTm to begin 0-2, later beat Bama in the midst of an 8-game win streak, which ended at Southern Cal.

If we run the table from here, 7 in a row to finish out 9-3 and WAC champs, I don't believe we'll see the top 25, unless there's just a whole lot of shaking up with teams ranked between 20 and 30 losing a lot. Then maybe we slip in there. But don't count on it.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    That was the year we needed a win over Southern Cal out there to keep our ranking and secure a bowl bid. The game was on TV and we played awful. Southern Cal came into the game on a roll and we helped keep their roll going. Right now I think we've got a good shot at 9-3 but I agree with others that have posted, we probably won't crack the top 25 even with that record.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    Because we don't play a team ranked in the top 40 for the rest of the year.

We can and should win the rest of our games but I do not think that would be enough to crack the top 25.
    WRONG! We will crack the top 25 when we defeat Marshall in the Mobile bowl.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Think that game will really happen, because if we win out and win the WAC, that is not our first choice bowl game, the humanitrian bowl is, the the silicon valley bowl next, so we would have to finish 2 or 3 in the conference to get that opportunity, which would mean losing a couple more games and then again not finishing in the top25.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar
    IF we win out, I think we have 50/50 chance of breaking into the Top 25. We will have beaten Boise St. (who is currently receiving some votes) Fresno State, who even though are not as good as last year, because of last year that win would carry more weight than it probably deserves and we will be on a 7 game win streak. Streaking is important for us.

Quote Originally Posted by NTXDawg
    IF we win out, I think we have 50/50 chance of breaking into the Top 25. We will have beaten Boise St. (who is currently receiving some votes) Fresno State, who even though are not as good as last year, because of last year that win would carry more weight than it probably deserves and we will be on a 7 game win streak. Streaking is important for us.
    Our strength of schedule drops tremendously over the next six weeks andI'm not sure of a win over Boise St. will crack us into the top25

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NTXDawg
    No way, NTXDawg! That's what I've been trying to tell you. We (Tech) BLEW it this past weekend. The highest rated team we play the rest of the season is #53 Boise St. and #59 Fresno State (Sagarin ratings).

If we get hot and win the rest of our games, we'll be fortunate to crack the Top 40. Right now we're not playing for national respectability anymore, we're playing for a WAC title and a bowl bid against a non-BCS team. That's all.

HD

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    No way, NTXDawg! That's what I've been trying to tell you. We (Tech) BLEW it this past weekend. The highest rated team we play the rest of the season is #53 Boise St. and #59 Fresno State (Sagarin ratings).

If we get hot and win the rest of our games...
    HD
    Maybe. But remember that the AP and USAToday aren't "scientific" like a Sagarin ranking -- they're decided by Joe Sportswriter and coaches. And don't forger that Tech has gotten votes in both this year.

If Tech were to win the rest of our games, as you say, we'd have won 8 straight. A 10-3 Louisiana Tech team that beat Fresno soundly on national TV in Ruston to end the regular season, and if we're lucky enough to draw a Top 25 team (Louisville? Marshall? Southern Miss?) and beat them in a bowl (again on national TV) would have the attention of some voters.

Maybe not probable, but not impossible with some help and some luck...

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ARKDAWG02
    That was the year we needed a win over Southern Cal out there to keep our ranking and secure a bowl bid. The game was on TV and we played awful. Southern Cal came into the game on a roll and we helped keep their roll going.
    See any similarities with this year? Possible 6 game streak for Tech going for 7 and and 9-3 record. Fresno St. on a possible 8 game streak going for 9 and a 10-3 record. National TV. Thursday night. West coast team. Difference being it's in Ruston instead of the left coast.

Let's be sure we are ALL there to do what WE can to make the outcome a little different. If I see ANYBODY sitting down during that game, I plan on using my cowbell on their b$&* and make sure they feel pain every time they even TRY to sit down for the rest of the game!!! And if that doesn't work, I'll use it on their HEAD to make sure they don't give any lip service to those of us standing and yelling!

:
    :bigcry:

TDF

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    Right now, I don't how I can get off work on a Thursday night and drive 350 miles to that game and back in time for work at 3 p.m. Friday but if I do I certainly won't be among those getting to feel that cowbell!

If I can get there, I won't even complain about the water fountains!

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Right now, I don't how I can get off work on a Thursday night and drive 350 miles to that game and back in time for work at 3 p.m. Friday but if I do I certainly won't be among those getting to feel that cowbell!

If I can get there, I won't even complain about the water fountains!
    LOL!!! I understand that there will be a lot of alumni who won't be able to make this game. If it's POSSIBLE for us to make it, we need to. The BB&B faithful are the ones, for the most part, who get things going on the East side. But your situation emphasizes the fact that the administration MUST be PROACTIVE in mobilizing the LOCAL fan!!! The students MUST be there IN FORCE and we need to really push to get the Ruston/Monroe/Shreveport fans there as well.

TDF

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    ...because if we win out and win the WAC, that is not our first choice bowl game, the humanitrian bowl is, the the silicon valley bowl next, so we would have to finish 2 or 3 in the conference to get that opportunity...
    Actually, if we win out and win the WAC, I think our first choice of bowls is the Mobile bowl per the new agreement. I think we would play a CUSA team. If we don't win out in the WAC, I think we can kiss a bowl goodbye as only the WAC champ is guaranteed a bowl spot.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    Actually, if we win out and win the WAC, I think our first choice of bowls is the Mobile bowl per the new agreement. I think we would play a CUSA team. If we don't win out in the WAC, I think we can kiss a bowl goodbye as only the WAC champ is guaranteed a bowl spot.
    You are correct about the GMAC Mobile bowl. However, the WAC #1 & #2 finishers are guaranteed a bowl slot this year, not just the champion, per the official WAC website.

Of course, if we finish tied for 2nd place in the WAC with one or more western-WAC teams we will probably not be selected due to geographical preference.

Let's just settle it all by winning the whole thing again Back-to-Back. Two seasons & two WAC Football Champions- that's what we all want to see!
    ________
    Extreme Vaporizer Review
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread