+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting comments in the TIMES! HUMMM!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    "They had a new quarterback doing a good job for them and they had some good players around him. It was just a matter of getting in sync offensively, which they did and unfortunately it was against us." --- Tech Head Coach Jack Bicknell.

That's exactly the quote I warned you about BEFORE the game. I knew it. I knew our coaches would just write it off as "oh well, A&M just got their $hit together and it just happend to be against us." Duh.

Here's another warning: The A&M offense will struggle the rest of the season. I can think of at least 4 Big 12 teams the Aggies will have trouble scoring ONE (1) TD on (Texas, T. Tech, Oklahoma, and Nebraska.) The Aggies are lucky they don't play Iowa State this year. Unfortunately, the Bulldogs just made the Aggie offense AND defense look alot better than they really are.

HD

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice
    A&M had a better reciever in #2 then any on our team and two better running backs. Their O-Line was alot better then ours so I would be willing to bet you theyn do fine in the Big 12 this year. That is the best defense in the country. I still hate the fact that we can turn close games into blow-outs which causes us to lose respect across the country.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg

That's exactly the quote I warned you about BEFORE the game. I knew it. I knew our coaches would just write it off as "oh well, A&M just got their $hit together and it just happend to be against us." Duh.

HD
    Well HD, I was just as disappointed as you at how we approached the game plan and our inability to adjust. We seem to lose most of our losses at Halftime!!

But in all fairness, Coach Bick did say some other things in the article that indicated he was very displeased with the Tech performance.

"That's where it gets hard," Bicknell said. "How good were they and how bad were we? I didn't feel like we played all that well.

"I felt like they had an excellent scheme against us and at times we didn't necessarily have the answers for it, which is frustrating."

"Was it that we didn't play well or were they that good? I think it's probably a combination at this point."

"We keep giving up stupid, cheap touchdowns at the end to make it look ridiculous," Bicknell said. "I felt like the defense was playing well. We gave up some big plays, but for the most part I was happy with the defense.

Puppy theGRM is an unknown
    HD I tend to agree with you. What really upsets me is how we don't seem to rise to the occassion when the big opportunity is there. It seems to me that we really did not play well in the last three games. Given all the facts I still wish the DAWGS could (or would) really get UP for these big games. I think we all have seen that we were really in the Clemson and PSU games but played like a Div IIA team at the end. And in the A&M game it seemed to me that the spirit and enthusiasm were not there. What big opportunities we had and honestly blew it. We just ain't supposed to be "blown out" in these games.

There is no doubt that the scores and end of game playing did nothing to enhance the national reputation we were gaining till then.

And I hate to be negative, but if we play like that next year against you know who we may have to hang our head a bit in the state of Louisiana. That would just be tragic.

Come on DAWGS.....show us the spirit and confidence it takes to, if not win, look respectable Louisiana Tech Bulldogs:!: :!: :!:

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by theGRM
    HD I tend to agree with you. What really upsets me is how we don't seem to rise to the occassion when the big opportunity is there. It seems to me that we really did not play well in the last three games. Given all the facts I still wish the DAWGS could (or would) really get UP for these big games. I think we all have seen that we were really in the Clemson and PSU games but played like a Div IIA team at the end. And in the A&M game it seemed to me that the spirit and enthusiasm were not there. What big opportunities we had and honestly blew it. We just ain't supposed to be "blown out" in these games.

There is no doubt that the scores and end of game playing did nothing to enhance the national reputation we were gaining till then.

And I hate to be negative, but if we play like that next year against you know who we may have to hang our head a bit in the state of Louisiana. That would just be tragic.

Come on DAWGS.....show us the spirit and confidence it takes to, if not win, look respectable Louisiana Tech Bulldogs:!: :!: :!:
    I'm not really looking forward to that game anymore against "you know who". They will be wanting to put an exclamation point on any victory over an in-state school.

They have better athletes and better coaches, and it could be a rout of serious proportions.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    That game is a long way off and I'm not going to go crawl in a bunker now waiting for it to pass. We've got 7/8 of our conference season left to play this year. Let's go, Dawg Fans. Pull yourself out of this funk. I sure hope the team is not 1/10th as negative as many of our posters are right now.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    The losses haven't been as disappointing as the posts that would be called flames if they weren't by our own people. There is simply no sense in expressing such discouraging thoughts.
    I certainly hope our players don't share this. I realize that fans don't get to do any actual hitting or throw and catch or run with the ball, so expressing sadness or anger over losses is their outlet. That's why I recommend a trip to an area playground or gym to participate rather than basing one's self-image and emotional level on the performance of a beloved team.
    Anyone who reads ALL the scores from across the country can see that Tech hasn't suffered any more humiliating defeats than many teams that have lost to lesser teams by greater margins and still are happily planning to get on the winning track and compete in a bowl.
    Suppose you were a Nebraska fan or an Arkansas fan or???

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Great Post Aub, and very well said!!!

I'm regretting that I - in the despair of the loss -- probably posted some negative thoughts that were not very well thought out!! I had to remind myself that I've usually been a supportive fan of my teams, win or lose. I lived in the Bay Area for many years and was (and still am) a die-hard Oakland A's fan. I supported them through bad years and good, including the 3 WC's in the 70's. But then when they fell to such low levels that they were deridingly called the "Triple A's", I still went to games. In those years one of the local jokes was that there were so few fans that they introduced us before the games instead of the players. And since then I've gone through another championship era and then down, and now my A's are back again. But, I've never quit supporting them. I feel the same way about Tech!!!!

Let's get it on and support the DAWGS, win or lose!!! They're OUR DAWGS!!!!!

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light
    "still are happily planning to get on the winning track and compete in a bowl.
    Suppose you were a Nebraska fan or an Arkansas fan or???"

Aub,
    I am not trying to "pick a discussion" with just you, but do you really think the fans at Nebraska aren't critical of there coaches and players on their board?? Again, it’s called real DI football. Some of you are acting like a dictatorship. Anything negative is seen as a crime and must be treated accordingly. I bet Nebraska's largest contributors and biggest fans are the most critical right now. If they were content with losing, they would not be NEBRASKA!! They don’t give a rats ass about a “bowl game”, they want to be playing for the NC every year. Is that a reasonable or rational expectation?? NO, but that’s what they expect and why they sell out EVERY home game.

I listen to the talk shows down here in BR and I just don’t believe some of the Tech fans could handle it if we were a “big program”. The callers are critical of the play of LSU players, and they are winning!! They always want more. (No, I do not want to model Tech after LSU, but they are a "big program"). I just don’t think Tech fans are ready for that. DFM is upset that no one writes in with questions for the growl, but what can we ask that won’t sound negative? If everything was positive, there would be nothing to ask. By the article in the link above, seems Bick is saying the same as a few of us are, at least he realizes something is not right.

I guess I should just keep sending my money quietly and never question anything? I bet there are a lot of ULM boosters that wish they would have been more inquisitive about that program.

Reddawg

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    I would have to say that the A & M game is the only one so far this year that we seemed to be a little flat. That's understandable considering the 5 game stretch we've just come through. We've had one easy game and we've won both the games we should have. We had great efforts against Clemson and Penn State but came up empty against A & M. I think that was our one bad game and I'm glad it came before the meat of our WAC schedule. I want Tech to win every game just as bad as the next guy, but realistically I thought 2-3 would be about right after 5 games.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    That game is a long way off and I'm not going to go crawl in a bunker now waiting for it to pass. We've got 7/8 of our conference season left to play this year. Let's go, Dawg Fans. Pull yourself out of this funk. I sure hope the team is not 1/10th as negative as many of our posters are right now.
    All I can say is, you must not have attended the game in College Station last Saturday. These people are right. If we go to Baton Rouge next year and play the way we did last Saturday, LSU will SPANK us 50-0. And I'm serious.

It's not that we are "doomsayers" Joey, ........it's just that Tech continues to UNDERPERFORM when it REALLY counts. In the past, Tech lost to big name teams but somehow always managed to play well despite the loss. But against A&M, Clemson and PSU, the Dogs played like crap and honestly looked like a Division 1AA team. That's embarrassing and it needs to stop.

HD

Puppy theGRM is an unknown
    HD, that was my point exactly. I thought we were well beyond getting blown out by now. In recent years we may have lost to BSC teams but we were never blown out in the second half like we were in the Clemson, PSU and A&M games. At this point I think we were not at all too optimistic to expect our DAWGS to at least HOLD THEIR OWN TILL THE END. Dammit we aren't the likes of another Northwestern or ULM. We ought to be far beyond that type of beating. Granted it was a hard row to hoe, but we had a real opportunity to show our stuff and if not win, at least make creditable showings on a national D1 level. And being "flat" for the A&M game is just something I will never understand nor accept gracefully. :cry:

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    HD and GRM,

I certainly didn't think that I'd be the one to try to put a positive spin on these games and Vette can vouch for the mood I've been and what I expected from our team, however, in recent losses we haven't made respectable showings against the majority of these teams. The only traditionally strong BCS team in recent history that we've had a strong showing against was Auburn last year and that was a very weak Auburn. In fact, I'd venture to say they were weaker than Alabama was when we beat them in Tusacaloosa in '97. We were blown out by Nebraska. We've been blown out by Kansas St. Heck, we were even blown out by Central Florida and Tulane. While these games weren't blow-outs in the second half, they started out as blow-outs and stayed that way. So, in essence, we actually have done a little better by at least keeping the games closer for longer. It seems the only BCS teams that we hang tough with for most of the games are the ones who are struggling. Right now, we haven't played those teams this year except for Ok. State and we know that outcome.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    Reddawg, did you hear the one about Saban making a comment about the food at a particular get together (they were having pastalya)? Supposedly, Saban said "this food looks terrible!" A fan was reported to have replied, "Yes, just like your passing game".

+ Reply to Thread