+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tech Footballs

Varsity Bulldog 007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice 007dawg's Avatar
    During the Tulsa game, I saw Causey warming up on the sidelines. The ball he was throwing had what appeared to be a Tech "state and T" logo on the side in gold. I believe this was the standard NCAA regulated football ... and probably one of the Nike balls I've seen around.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these footballs if it in fact had the logo on the side? It would look good on my tribute to Tech Football shelf at la casa!

Thanks!

kirk

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    The home game balls last year and this, have the logo on them.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    The Nike college game balls were available from the Eastbay catalog in the August 2002 edition marked down from $64.99 to $39.99 on page 6.
    However, the photo shows no logo for a particular college and the description doesn't mention one.
    The balls with the Tech logo probably are not for sale anywhere at the moment but by the end of the season several used ones could theoretically be offered by the athletic department to raise money.
    I am sure they will go fast if that happens! If they auction them, I suspect this board would be the perfect place to maximize the bidding!
    The alternative is to hang out in the end zone until one of our super kickers sends one there, grab it and run like crazy. If you start hearing footsteps, drop a $100 bill and keep running. Don't look back!
    Some colleges sell their used game balls and practice balls on their official Web sites along with jersies, practice and game pants, out-of-date helmets, team T shirts, and almost anything used in a game.
    I fear the footballs provided or sold by Nike are not as good as the Wilson or other brands that may have been the NCAA official ball in the past.
    One of the guys at my office threw a bad pass in the parking lot about 5 years ago and sent my Wilson NFL game ball onto the roof. Two years later, it still wasn't fully deflated when found by a guy working on the airconditioning system. I keep it at home now and it looks pretty weathered but could still be OK for a game of catch. I wouldn't lend it to those jerks again, however!

Varsity Bulldog 007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice 007dawg's Avatar
    Thanks guys ... I contacted Nike this afternoon and they said they didn't sell the college logo footballs. I'll keep my eyes peeled until then and hope that in warmups Upton might sail one my way! Hahaha!

Thanks again!

kirk

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Hey Kirk, I have a football that I got when I was at Tech that has Louisiana Tech Athletics stamped on it. It doesn't have the Nike emblem. It was apparently left on one of the intramural fields after a late game. They had shut all the lights off trying to run us off after a game, and I guess the "refs" didn't notice it. I stepped on it and decided it would be a good souvenir. It's in great shape.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    I don't know how many years Tech footballs have had the state and T but I thought they were on the ones before Nike started supplying the balls, which is recent. I know the Hog has been on the Razorback balls for some years but they weren't Nike balls until this year. I am expecting Nike jock straps and cups to be available soon and that the BCS teams will start getting those free soon.
    Notice that Tech uses the Nike balls even though they don't have Nike uniforms yet. Are the Dawgs wearing aididas again this year or are they wearing Russell Athletic gear?
    It will be interesting to see how many bowl appearances and TV games it takes to get a really high-paying contract.
    Fact: Nike shoes are REPORTEDLY less durable than Aididas and Reebok shoes. The Hogs reportedly had to toss out several pairs during the first week of PRACTICE this season and last. In order to decrease the weight of football shoes, which have heavy soles, a lot of plastic parts are used that won't take much abuse, I have been told.
    If they are free and the coaches get a salary supplement to help keep them on staff, however, a school has to use whatever brand is the best deal.
    The Russell athletic logo matches the Tech colors perfectly, of course. In contrast, the Hogs' Nike team T shirts have a black swoosh on the back of the neck but the Hog on the front is the correct color. I think the jersies are correct in all places, however.
    Reebok bought the uniform rights to the professional league and don't provide the free stuff to the colleges any more. But they were extremely generous and the products were respected for quality over the past several years.
    Did someone say that ALL bowl teams got free jersies for the coming year from some company? Did that bring the chance to change the Tech jersies for this season?
    Where are the REAL insiders tonight?

+ Reply to Thread