+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Got 2 Extra Rice Tickets to Sell?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    If there is anyone going to the Rice game who has 2 extra game tickets to sell let me know. I'll pay face value for them and pick them up from you (or whomever you send the tickets with) at the Tech tailgate on Saturday.

Of course I can still get tickets via TicketMaster, but I thought I'd first try to help a Tech fan get rid of their extra tickets. Please let me know by Thursday noon if you are interested.

DogsWin
    ________
    Wellbutrin lawsuits
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Varsity Bulldog 007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice 007dawg's Avatar
    I won't know until Saturday morning whether or not we are heading down that way. Is there any chance of buying them at the gate?

kirk

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    You can definitely get good seats at the gate.

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    You can definitely get good seats at the gate.
    About 2 hours ago, just for kicks, I looked at Ticketmaster.com to see what's the best pair of seats I could get, and there were 50 yd line seats right behind the Tech bench available.... about 20 rows up from the field.

Kirk, I'd say that there are good seats left. Ain't no reason why anyone'd be sitting in anything but the lower bowl. (unless you have a suite, of course!)

TF!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar
    You can definitely get tickets at the gate- Reliant holds 69,500 fans. All lower level tickets are $22 each if bought in advance, but they increase to $27 each at the gate on Saturday. As EJ posted earlier we will be sitting on an entire side, so we should quite easily accommodate our ~3K Tech fans in those 25K-30K seats.

I doubt there will be 12K Rice fans at the game, since they are now 0-4 overall & 0-2 in the WAC. All they can do is play WAC spoiler at this point.

My intentions are to:
    1. Avoid the extra $5. per ticket if possible.
    2. Help a Tech fan get rid of 2 of their extra tickets if they have them. Otherwise I'll just get tickets via TicketMaster or at the gate.

DogsWin

Louisiana Tech 31 - Rice 17
    ________
    Expert insurance
    Last edited by DogsWin; 04-18-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    The Houston Chronicle says Rice is expecting about 25,000-30,000.

Call Ms. Flo at the Tech ticket office and have the tickets held for you at Will Call.

Varsity Bulldog 007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice007dawg is just really nice 007dawg's Avatar
    I'll call her this morning. I didn't know they would hold them at will call ... I like that idea much better.

I'd much rather have my money at least go through Tech (even if they're not making anything) than for the city of Houston to get my extra $5 at the gate ...

kirk

+ Reply to Thread