+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody else worried about this game?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    I saw plenty of passes in the last several games that should have been caught. The opposing defense can not cause a receiver to not catch the ball when it is right in the numbers. I just hope this offense clicks at some point. Against Tulsa is the only game that I have seen it work. Let's face it, though, we could have beaten Tulsa by 100 points if our offense was clicking like it did last year with this years defense.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    I was absolutely amazed at what I saw in the second half last year, and I think Rice fans were, too. Our defensive backs really weren't doing that bad of a job. In a lot of cases we were in their receivers' pockets, but Herm was putting the ball on a dime. Hopefully he can't do that every time.
    Yeah, but he was getting virtually no pass rush!!!! with that kind of time and little harrassment, even sub par passers like Herm look veryk good!!

Puppy Dawgfight96 is an unknown
    I'm worried about this game because this is going to set the tone for the rest of conference play. We definitely need to iron out the kinks in this one, both offensively and defensively. I see this one as a MUST WIN. :wink:

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar
    I worry about every game. I do think we will be able to score plenty and I hope our defense can do a number on their offense but I'm afraid we'll have to score a lot of points to win.

Puppy lalatech is an unknown
    Not to worry. It will be a win. Why? THIS defensive coordinator has the ability to get the boys to stop the option. We learned a lot from the game last year and we will win this game on BOTH sides of the ball. As for the close game with Rice and Fresno State last week: Fresno State is NOT as good a team as many think. The loss of the QB is a major factor for them. Rice is not a good football team. We are. Certainly a better team than Rice. Not a knock on the Owls, just stating facts as I see them. I am MUCH more concerned about the Nevada game than this one. They are a dangerous football team.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar
    I have a number of concerns as well although I'm still confident we'll win some how - why because we are the defending WAC champs.

I'm concerned about Rice running a misdirection O - I base this on how quickly our Linebacks over run to the ball. We have had such big challenges the last couple of weeks that our LB's didn't hold their positions for fear they needed to help out at the point of attack. This left us very vulnerable on the cutback runs.

I'm also concerned about our D corners biting too quickly on the outside option and thus leaving a reciever running free.

We have got to play position defence especially well this weekend and play a tough man to man off the line of scrimage on 3rd down.

Offensively, all we have to do is simply make good throws and catch the ball. The rest will take of itself.

I expect our Kicking game to dominate field position as long as Brazil will run up the field and not from side to side.

Tech does what it takes to win 27-17

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Gee wiz, we lose 3 games to some of the best teams in the nation and everyone starts to hit their panic button, everyone take some prozac relax and have a good weekend and listen to or watch Tech kick the crap out of of rice, besides we cannot lose to a bunch of owls anyway, that wouldn't be dignified

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    Gee wiz, we lose 3 games to some of the best teams in the nation and everyone starts to hit their panic button, everyone take some prozac relax and have a good weekend and listen to or watch Tech kick the crap out of of rice, besides we cannot lose to a bunch of owls anyway, that wouldn't be dignified
    After Tech's whipping at 0-4 Rice this past weekend, your post above is golden. HA! What you wouldn't pay to delete that post.

HD

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    Man I ate crow all day Sunday, and I'm sure tomorrow at work, I'll eat some more ops:

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    Man I ate crow all day Sunday, and I'm sure tomorrow at work, I'll eat some more ops:
    At least you don't live in Houston and work with Rice and A&M alums...

+ Reply to Thread