+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LSWHO (boy is that clever...)

Puppy BTR Bulldog is an unknown
    I took a lot of heat for saying that LSU is one of the top 10 PROGRAMS in the south. People basically called me Satan and called me rediculous....

This just in....

Sports illustrated ranks LSU as the nation's No. 6 sports college in an issue appearing on newsstands today. The magazine determined its 2002 rankings by looking at the five major college sports, how each team ranked in the Sears Cup NCAA all-sports standings, range of recreational facilities and more. Texas was No. 1, followed by Stanford and Oklahoma. SEC teams Florida, South Carolina and Tennessee were No. 4, 5 and 9, respectively. On its online site, CNNSI, the magazine says of LSU, "Tigers won men's and women's track titles, finished No. 7 in football and led nation in baseball attendance for seventh straight season. Alum Shaquille O'Neal had a decent year too. Few college arenas rock harder than Tiger Stadium and the Deaf Dome. Insiders say: 'The worst part is recovering from all the football parties.' "

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Sports illustrated ranks LSU as the nation's No. 6 sports college
    So? SI also picked Oregon St. to win the NC last year. Pshaw! :roll:

Few college arenas rock harder than Tiger Stadium
    Smoke and mirrors.

People basically called me Satan
    No ... lsux is Satan. It is everything that is base and unholy. The is the antithesis of fair play and sportsmanship. ellessewe is a dark and evil thing sucking the life from college sports in the state and the nation. That they got SI's praise onnly confirms this. lsux is the worst thing that has ever happened to Louisiana.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar
    Here we go again with that Sears cup crap! HAHA!!

You were talking about top 10 in football BTR! No one cares about men's rowing and cricket!

lsu people will grasp on to anything to make them feel more important. I guess since Louisiana leads or comes in dead last in every bad or good thing, these people try to find what postitives they can. I can't blame them for trying to find some positives about the state.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    No one north of Alexandria should give a flip what LSU does unless it has to do with the services they provide in north Louisiana. If I need advice from my LSU Ag Center agent about the fungus in my yard I should appreciate LSU. Otherwise, I don't care what they are doing down there.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar
    Can you feel the love?????

Gosh, I try to pump Tech up a bit, try to build a bridge between our schools, light the fires of tolerance, and this is the thanks I get?
    Thanks BTR, for trying to give LSU a little credit. I know we all want to say that our school is THE SCHOOL, but, hey, can we please not tear others down just to make ourselves feel better?

By the way, my family does live north of Alexandria, and we do care about LSU because, well, mostly because I go there, and other members of my family have, but also because LSU is just that, Louisiana State University, meaning, the whole state. It belongs to all of us. Just as Louisiana Tech does. Let's not lose sight of that.

Good luck against Rice this week. Hope our games aren't rained out by Lili.

GEAUX TIGERS!! GO DAWGS!!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Jetstorm, you're a pretty good visitor most of the time, for an LSU kid. But think about it... how long would a post bragging on Tech, ULL or Tulane last if it were posted on The Lair. Our administrators don't delete them like they do on The Lair, but we posters certainly have the right to say "Who Cares?"

Varsity Bulldog Tech74 is an unknown
    After watching the tizzy that USL folks have gotten themselves into about LSU, I think that the less said the better. We should take the approach of drinking in a rough bar and when tensions rise always say "YEAH, Let's you and him go outside and FIGHT!"

The obsession with the UL name has become so idiotic that it beggars belief. The best thing I can think of as a name to be used by athletic foes of my undergraduate alma mater is "Those-Sorry-SOBs-Who-Whipped-our-Butts-Saturday". The guys from down south just don't get it. Let's let them and LSU fight it out. Where we can cooperate with LSU, let's do it. Where we can cooperate with Louisiana-Lafayette, let's do it.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    I will second Dawgbitten, BTR. Don't go trying to change the subject. No one will argue that LSU is one of the top athletic programs in the south as well as America. But, when you have a track program that brings in national championships every year and other non-revenue producing programs that finish well every year, that happens. Once again, to echo Dawgbitten. Who cares about those minor sports? Do you think for a second that LSU would even have those sports if they didn't have to? Heck, they didn't get softball until they finally had to.

However, your original point wasn't about the entire program. It was about the football program. It wasn't only until we proved that their football program wasn't that great did you start bragging about their entire athletic program.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    BFD.

Post that on the Lair, oh! that's right you already did, Mr. DevilDawgTiger.

+ Reply to Thread