+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stacy Johnson signs recruit who never sees Fresno's campus

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar
    Recruit commits to 'Dogs

By Sheila Eldred
    The Fresno Bee
    (Published Wednesday, October 2, 2002, 9:02 AM)

Paige Diggs, a senior at Amarillo High in Texas, gave a verbal commitment to the Fresno State women's basketball team Tuesday without ever setting a foot in Fresno.
    Diggs' path to the Bulldogs started at a Louisiana Tech summer camp two years ago. There she met then-La. Tech assistant Stacy Johnson-Klein, who was hired as Fresno State's coach in April.

"She's an intense coach," said Diggs, whose strong defensive skills earned her the camp's MVP award this summer. "She's the kind of coach a player would love to play for. I never thought I would commit like that. But [Johnson-Klein] persuaded me."

Diggs, a 5-foot-7 guard who elected to forego a scheduled trip to New Mexico State, visits Fresno State this weekend.

"I definitely think she can help Fresno State -- and Fresno State can help her," Amarillo coach Dale Blaut said. "It would be a good marriage."

Were we recruiting her?

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    I hope not...she doesn't sound like the sharpest knife in the drawer to me!

+ Reply to Thread