+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: facilities

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech77
    LBP, It is tough, with all the negative stuff that has been printed on there this week, but I am still looking forward to traveling to Houston and watching our Louisiana Tech Bulldogs play Rice University in the first-ever college football game played at fabulous Reliant Stadium tomorrow. If you look hard enough there are plenty of reasons to be happy. I would urge you to do so. Try being a spreader of good cheer, rather than a spreader of stinky muck. You'll be a lot happier, and so will the rest of us.
    I'm with you. I've been looking forward all week to heading to Houston for the game. Its going to be fun playing in an exciting event - first college game at Reliant Stadium. And, I still think our guys are good - after all the tough road games I think they're ready to take the WAC.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LBP
    We do not give ourselves a chance in these games, calling a 2 yard pass on 3rd and 10, it doesn't matter if your WRs are 6-5 and run a 4.1 40. We are too predictable on offense, we call too many stupid plays on offense to have a chance in these games.

I have posted about our NFL prospects on our OL in another thread, I don't need to post them again. I guess Bick has all of you brainwashed that we have no talent to distract you from the bleep job that he has done coaching this year.
    Actually you state alot of truth and these guys are just afraid to admit it.

As for the talent level question......I wonder how many of these BB&B posters TRULY believe Texas A&M is 28 points better than Louisiana Tech? Even the most outrageous oddmakers didn't believe that. I don't believe it and I never will. This team is playing below its talent level and it needs to STOP!

HD

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    A smell something with all these new posters,

Does LBP have a large family?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar
    HD and LBP are among our largest athletic supporters! Be careful what you say, OLDBLUE!

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    Define "supporter." They may give money to the program, but they certainly aren't supporters of our athletic department! With friends like these, who needs enemies?

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    I think the talent level on the team this year is about as good as it's going to get. We have several 5th year seniors and we are 3 deep at some positions. Our RB's are the best we have ever had on one team. I think our biggest problem is not getting the ball to the players that can make big plays. Chris Norwood is 6-1 and has great speed and good hands yet except for 1 game we have not gotten the ball to him. We have 2 possible draft picks in our OL but it is hard for them to protect Luke when the other team knows he is going to throw. Also, when the other team knows we are going to throw, they just drop back and wait for the int. I think the 4 and 5 receiver sets work against Luke. He can not read the defenses and pick out the open receiver like Rattay could. Luke has the best arm of any QB at Tech since Terry Bradshaw and I think in the right offense he could be as good as Bradshaw. Bradshaw threw for over 3000 yards in a season and he didn't have 4 and 5 receiver sets. I would like to see us line up with 2 RB's and 2WR's and a TE every play. Keep one RB in to block for Luke on every pass play or drop a screen pass off to him. I'm sure some of you remember all the yardage Roland Harper and Buster Herren picked up on those screens and draws. They worked because the other team did not expect them. We have to do something different on offense if we expect to win. Our offense is just too predictable. I would like to see Luke start calling his own plays. I think he can do a better job than the coaches are doing now.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Good post DONW! I am off to Houston in a few hoping to see a much better execution of our "O" combined with more creative play calling! MOVE THE CHAINS! MOVE THE CHAINS! MOVE THE CHAINS!

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    They worked because they were playing McNeese and NLU. I am sure Joe Smith would have a field day against McNeese and NLU. Texas A&M and Penn State would have shut down Bradshaw and Harper and the rest just like they shut this team down.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute
    T_Won
    You're right, Penn State and Texas A&M would have shut down Bradshaw and Harper running our present offense. But, the NFL teams couldn't shut them down. Bradshaw won 4 superbowls with the steelers and Roland Harper played 9 years with the Bears rushing for over 1,000 yards one year and making tons of blocks that sprung Walter Payton for several long runs. I say let Luke call his own plays, he's the one out their taking the punishment on all those stupid plays our coaches are calling. I'm tired of Crowton's offense, it only works against bad teams.

Don,

Don't you remember the days before Crowton when we were trying to run the ball and play good defense? We were not scoring a point on the BCS schools! We were losing 13-0 (Alabama), 13-6 (Ole Miss), 34-0 (Alabama), 29-6 (Vanderbilt), 73-3 (Houston). We were also losing to teams like Pacific and Utah State and USL. Remeber the days of Aaron Ferguson and Sam Hughes? We needed a change of offensive philosophy. We got it in a big way. Our offense went from dead last in the nation to one of the most productive offenses in the nation in just 2 years!!! I can't believe we are looking back at this like this was a BAD thing!

Look around the nation and see how many bubble screens you see. I remember the first time I saw this play was at a Tech game. You even see it in the NFL now! Granted, the coordinators have learned how to contain the receiver screens, and Crowton and his imagination have left Tech. But, we don't have the hosses up front to line up and play smash-mouth football with Penn State. When this program reaches that point, then we are where we want to be!!!

The Crowton offense gave our under-talented guys (comparatively speaking) a chance to compete with the BCS schools. It took the offensive line play out of the game. We could now run high percentage pass plays rather than get stuffed for no gain up the middle or lose three yards on a sweep play. Once we can out-recruit LSU for the prize offensive line recruits, we can ditch the Crowton offense and run a Bill Cowher offense. But, that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

I've been following Tech football for 37 years. We have more talent on this team than any we have ever had. Those teams you mention in the early to mid 90's had no talent on offense. I would assume from your post that you never saw any of Coach Slaughter's offenses fom the late 60's to the late 70's. They were really fun to watch and scored a lot of points. Tech was throwing the ball back then way before anyone else was. But, we did not run 5 receiver sets. I never said anything about lining up and trying to run over people. You people with the funny board names really kill me the way you always try to twist everything around to make you sound smart. All I am saying is when something ain't working it's time to try something new. The good teams have no trouble stopping us when they know what we are going to run. Now, see if you can twist this post around to to make it say what you want to. Did I meet you at the tailgate?

I've only been following Tech football since the move to 1A.

Alot of things have changed since the 60's and 70's. For example, you don't see Oklahoma, Texas, and Arkansas running the wishbone anymore. Nebraska is still doing it, but it appears that the defenses have caught up with them too.

Coach Slaughter would be better informed to respond to your post, but I doubt very seriously he had success against teams of the caliber we have played in the past 10 years.

I do understand what you are saying though. The million dollar defensive coordinators with top-notch talent have caught up with our offense and now they know how to shut it down. I don't know if the WAC coaches/players have caught up to it yet, though.

What can you do when you get minimal pass protection and have no running game though? The 15 yard outs would be great, but you have to have time to throw them and you only have a couple of good quarterbacks on the team (you can't afford to lose too many of them to injuries). Texas Tech was fairly competent with "the Crowton offense" today against A&M (48 points). Maybe we don't have the talent we think we do?

+ Reply to Thread