+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: facilities

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by beef
    I HEARD THIS FROM A FORMER COACH SO DON'T COME IN HERE AND SAY I'M LYING AND SOMETHING STUPID ABOUT LET THE 10-3 SEASON CONTINUE!!!!
    Hearsay. Let's see, how many times have we gone down that road? FORGET IT!
    [glow=red:7d89c0b0ba]
    LET THE 10-3 SEASON CONTINUE! ! ! ! . There I said it, that ain't hearsay![/glow:7d89c0b0ba]

That's a good reason for a coach to be "former" if he did say it.

For goodness sake you need to think of something, anything, positive to input once and a while. You must be enjoying Lili? After all, it is about as distructive as negative drivlle.

I'm through now.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Quote Originally Posted by LBP
    You take those same Miami players and put them on our team and we still would have gotten blown out in those games, it has nothing to do with the talent level but the poor coaching. If we don't start making changes, we will be stuck right where we are. This is the best that anyone can do running that gimmick offense.

Bick asks for Crowton's advice, like our bowl game. It was Bick's 1st bowl game and Crowton's too, both teams got blown out. It is funny that Bick asks for someone's advice on how to coach from someone who has never beaten a BCS team with a winning record or a ranked opponent. Bick runs the same offense that Crowton does, Crowton will never change it, no matter how many times it fails in tough competition and Bick is the same way.
    talking about or either that you don't listen VERY well or you are just flat out stupid...

I don't know how many TIMES Coach said he conferred with his dad about how to handle the bowl situation - not Gary Crowton - Jack Jr...

And if you look back, you would KNOW that Jack Jr did ok in bowl games when he was at BC...

Open mouth insert foot...

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    The truth is the truth.
    Too bad that aint it.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    be tolerated -

By me or any of the other administrators -

That ONE family does more for this University and its athletic programs than any of us can imagine -

End of discussion...

Varsity Bulldog ST5 has turned a few heads around hereST5 has turned a few heads around here ST5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    be tolerated -

That ONE family does more for this University and its athletic programs than any of us can imagine -

End of discussion...
    Dwayne, I am not trying to dig up bones or anything, but do you have evidence that proves beef's statement isn't true? I don't want to believe it, but I have heard practically the same thing he said from trustworthy people that have ties to the coaching staff at Tech. I have always thought highly of the Davison family and all that they have done for Temple, Tech and Ruston. It can't be true, right?
    ________
    buy extreme q
    Last edited by ST5; 01-18-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Varsity Bulldog beef is on the way down beef's Avatar
    "I think we could have beaten those teams," junior receiver D.J. Curry said. "Player-wise we were right there with them, but two or three plays were the difference."

That is from that Advocate article. There you have it. DJ says its not the talent. If its not the talent then it must be the coaching.
    BUSH CHENEY 2004

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beef
    If its not the talent then it must be the coaching.
    Or turnovers. Or homer officials. Or road schedule. Or an inspired home team. Or an involved crowd of 70K+. Or psuedo-fans talking trash on message boards.

There are plenty of other factors you fail to consider.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    DJ was not playing D trying to tackle their skill postion players or on the OL trying to block their DL. Anyone who couldn't see the difference in talent and skill on the PSU game wasn't looking very hard.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar
    What would you expect a player to say? I think Luke was quoted comparing A&M's defense to Miami's from his freshman year. When was the last time you heard our defense compared to Miami? I think we are capable of beating these teams, but if you lined them up side by side, we are overmatched. It doesn't matter how nice the weight room is, if you put our receivers in one and Penn State's in another, our guys still average less than 5'11'' (I think their guys average a little less than 6'1''). The best weight room in the world won't get you a 4.3 forty. For us to win games against the best in the country everything is going to have to click. We have to have darn near perfect games from the players and the coaches. The coaches may have made some bad calls, but they didn't drop any passes or miss any blocks.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ST5
    [quote:ddfe3ca340="Dwayne From Minden"]be tolerated -

End of discussion...
    I have always thought highly of the Davison family and all that they have done for Temple, Tech and Ruston. It can't be true, right?[/quote:ddfe3ca340]

Who cares if it's true? As far as I'm concerned, if I did as much as the Davisons have done and do for Tech, you can bet I'd have some concessions coming my way.

Quote Originally Posted by ST5
    [quote:fb2b4eda38="Dwayne From Minden"]be tolerated -

End of discussion...
    Dwayne, I am not trying to dig up bones or anything, but do you have evidence that proves beef's statement isn't true? I don't want to believe it, but I have heard practically the same thing he said from trustworthy people that have ties to the coaching staff at Tech. I have always thought highly of the Davison family and all that they have done for Temple, Tech and Ruston. It can't be true, right?[/quote:fb2b4eda38]

The board will not tolerate the outright bashing of anyone booster or benefactor of the program who does what the Davisons do for TECH - no matter what their last name is...

We (as administrators) basically turn our heads and sometimes participate in the bashing of paid coaches and ahtletic officals - because they are paid to do a job...

Very few on this board ACTUALLY have an inkling, let alone know what people like the Davisons and the Bundricks due for TECH - and outside of maybe Mick - none of us have an idea of actually how important such benefactors are to our program...

I don't agree with what all of the BIG 4 do, but out of respect for what they do for our University and its programs - I'm man enough to leave that off of the board -

If it were not for the Davisions, the Jarrells, the Bundricks, the Marburys and the Slaughters this program would be Div-1AA right now and in the Southland Conference -

And that is the ONE and only pure TRUTH in this entire thread...

This board is not a democracy - we try to be as leninet as possible - only God knows why we put up with LBP as much as we do - but even he is smart enough not to cross the line BEEF crossed...

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down
    Dwayne,

Yes, Bick did take advice from Crowton and his dad for our bowl. Our radio guys said so, since it seems that you know them, you can ask them. I don't have a problem with him taking coaching advice from his dad, but I do have a problem with him taking coaching advice from Crowton, which I think is one of the things that is hurting us.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    LBP, It is tough, with all the negative stuff that has been printed on there this week, but I am still looking forward to traveling to Houston and watching our Louisiana Tech Bulldogs play Rice University in the first-ever college football game played at fabulous Reliant Stadium tomorrow. If you look hard enough there are plenty of reasons to be happy. I would urge you to do so. Try being a spreader of good cheer, rather than a spreader of stinky muck. You'll be a lot happier, and so will the rest of us.

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down
    We do not give ourselves a chance in these games, calling a 2 yard pass on 3rd and 10, it doesn't matter if your WRs are 6-5 and run a 4.1 40. We are too predictable on offense, we call too many stupid plays on offense to have a chance in these games.

I have posted about our NFL prospects on our OL in another thread, I don't need to post them again. I guess Bick has all of you brainwashed that we have no talent to distract you from the bleep job that he has done coaching this year.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    So, what are you saying about Bicknell and his staff? Do you want them fired or something?

If you were running the La Tech athletic dept., you really think you could justify the firing of Jack Bicknell and his staff for losing games at Penn State, Clemson, and Texas A&M?!

You live in a dream world buddy. Your posts make you look like a total horses ass. It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people guess at your ignorance, then to open your mouth and PROVE it!

Gary Crowton put this program on the map and Bicknell is trying to take that momentum and run with it. I love the way he is running this program! He and his staff have provided us with the 3 best recruiting classes we have ever had. He is developing a running game to complement the passing game. He is beefing up the defense and recruiting speed at every position.

You and others like you are trying to tear this program down with your assenine remarks. You are either a egotistical know it all that wishes he could have gotten on the field in junior high or you are just a plain dumbass. Whatever it is, we don't appreciate your remarks and I wouldn't mind if you were banned from the board. Go to the ULM board and tell them how bad things are at Tech, we don't want to hear it here!

+ Reply to Thread