+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Article in the BR Advocrap

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Louisiana focuses on WAC play

The Associated Press

RUSTON -- Louisiana Tech has just completed one of the most difficult stretches of games in the school's football history.

Now the Bulldogs feel they have not only survived, they feel they've progressed. With a 2-3 record, the Bullodgs begin seven straight Western Athletic Conference games Saturday at Rice.

The rugged five-game stretch to open the season included road games at Clemson, Penn State and Texas A&M.

"I think the thing that is frustrating and encouraging is that we competed in all of those games and we could have won them," Tech coach Jack Bicknell said. "I saw some positive things. I think we're a talented football team that's better defensively than we were last year. At times on offense we were good and at times we weren't."

In their three losses to Clemson, Penn State and Texas A&M the Bulldogs also showed they have closed the gap on the big-time programs.

"I think we could have beaten those teams," junior receiver D.J. Curry said. "Player-wise we were right there with them, but two or three plays were the difference."

The Bulldogs trailed Penn State 21-17 and had possession of the ball midway through the third quarter when a rash of turnovers spelled doom. Tech trailed Clemson 20-13 with a little more than seven minutes to play and was in the Tigers' red zone, when an interception in the end zone killed a game-tying score.

Against A&M, Tech trailed 17-3 in the fourth quarter before the Aggies scored two late touchdowns.

"I think we know we can play with any team in America," sophomore defensive tackle Chris Van Hoy said. "We could have won three of the four big games."

Sandwiched among the losses to Clemson, Penn State and A&M was a 53-9 throttling of WAC foe Tulsa in the third game of the season.

"We played some of the best competition and in some of the hardest places to play in the country," senior receiver Ahmad Harris said. "I think we improved as a team tremendously. We did a lot of good things, now we just want to add to that."

The difference for Tech in its losses came down to a handful of plays, most prominently turnovers. In the three losses, the Bulldogs had nine turnover and only created four.

"The turnovers are disappointing," Bicknell said.

"Part of it is who we play and we feel like we need to take more chances. But turnovers are a concern because we're not getting any and giving them up on offense."

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar
    That was a pretty good article to be in the Advocate. Actually had some positive spin to it!

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I guess we should be happy with what we get down there :?

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice
    Same article appeared in the Times and NewStar.

Looked like it was an AP article, I do not think we need to get that upset about this.

Big Dog macp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nice macp38's Avatar
    If ya'll are signed up with zlatech.com to receive the press releases from Tech you will see some of these articles come from our own SID Dept. I get the same articles that are in the paper in my email before the paper comes out.

I would like to applaued our SID dept. this year for getting this info to the press on all sports. They are sending SEVERAL articles a day out and doing a great job.

Varsity Bulldog SportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to all
    Quote Originally Posted by macp38
    I would like to applaued our SID dept. this year for getting this info to the press on all sports. They are sending SEVERAL articles a day out and doing a great job.
    I agree - way to go Malcolm

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    I also received this several days ago via "The Tech Update".

You can sign up to recieve Tech news via email at http://www.zlatech.com/news/email.html

+ Reply to Thread