+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TEST - Who can come up with the answer

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Has anyone noticed a particular play that is noticably ABSENT from Tech's playbook this year?

Here's a hint. It was run EVERY GAME multiple times last year and for years before. It is also one which has been criticized by this board for as long as I have been a member. And I, for one, am GLAD not to see it being run!!!

TDF

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    I don't think I know the one you're talking about. But, I haven't seen the middle screen to the running back this year. Simon used to pick up good yards every time on that play. I haven't seen it once.

Varsity Bulldog ST5 has turned a few heads around hereST5 has turned a few heads around here ST5's Avatar
    Could it be the reverse/fake reverse on the kick-off return? I am glad we haven't seen that one this year.
    ________
    Radian
    Last edited by ST5; 01-18-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    I haven't seen that one either, but that's not the one I'm thinking about.

Another hint:

This one is a "handoff" play that generally got us 15-20 yds. (and we still didn't like it)!

I have one more "give away" hint, but let's see if that one helps first.

TDF

Quote Originally Posted by ST5
    Could it be the reverse/fake reverse on the kick-off return? I am glad we haven't seen that one this year.
    WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

On kickoff returns we are going STRAIGHT up the field instead of wasting time going left to right! And we've had MUCH better results with it!

Don't be surprised if you see it thrown in sometime though. Now that we aren't using it, it would be good to "mix" up the KO coverage!

TDF

Varsity Bulldog ST5 has turned a few heads around hereST5 has turned a few heads around here ST5's Avatar
    I heard Bicknell claim that the reverse on the kick-off return was his favorite special teams play. He said that they would use it if they could but since defenses are getting down the field so quickly, that there is not enough time to run the play. I would not be upset if I never saw us run that play agian. I think that it only works in flag football, though.
    ________
    silversurfer reviews
    Last edited by ST5; 01-18-2011 at 09:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread