+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A stupid Bicknell quote

Varsity Bulldog beef is on the way down beef's Avatar
    "I think the thing that is frustrating and encouraging is that we competed in all of those games and we could have won them," Tech coach Jack Bicknell said.

Not getting into the endzone is not competing. We did not compete and had no chance of winning that football game against A&M. Sometimes Bicknell makes me sick. He is either content to suck or doesn't recognize suckiness. Either way, a good coach wouldn't have said that.
    BUSH CHENEY 2004

Varsity Bulldog yobrefstank has turned a few heads around hereyobrefstank has turned a few heads around here yobrefstank's Avatar
    Well Beef, you might not have to worry about that when he is gone to a "real" big-time school next year.

"You don't know what you have until it is gone". I'm sure you'd like to have Burns instead.....We almost did. And we may have someone like Burns if JBIII splits.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beef
    Either way, a good coach wouldn't have said that.
    A good fan wouldnt have noticed.

Oh, wait. You're not a fan. Why'd you change your name joe?

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    Beef-
    In your opinion, what would a good coach have said about playing three top 25 programs on the road all in a 4 week span after losing 3 of 4? I'm curious.

I can't wait for JBIII to leave. Of course the Conroy Hines situation probably won't change, but the way JBIII handled the H-bowl preparation was horrible and if you saw the guys in the tunnell before the Penn State game you can see why we lost that one. He doesn't get the players up for the games and that is the head coach's main job. Besides, Bone and Joint clinic needs a new guy to make a commercial with. :roll:
    BUSH CHENEY 2004

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    I think I would be for imposing a quota on negative posts. You only get so many opportunities to bash the coaches by name in a week. That way we wouldn't have people like LBP and Beef Jerky giving us such a bad name in the Tech community.

He would have excluded A&M from his little competing comment. Do you think Mack Brown would have said that if Texas had played that identical game with the Aggies?
    BUSH CHENEY 2004

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar
    We were competing defensively for the most part it's 17-3 in the 4th quarter or at least late in the 3rd. One big play and it's 17-10 and a new game. We were competing, maybe not offensively but we were not out of the game.

Varsity Bulldog ST5 has turned a few heads around hereST5 has turned a few heads around here ST5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yobrefstank
    Well Beef, you might not have to worry about that when he is gone to a "real" big-time school next year.

"You don't know what you have until it is gone". I'm sure you'd like to have Burns instead.....We almost did. And we may have someone like Burns if JBIII splits.
    Do you think that a "real" big-time program will hire a mid-major coach who is barely over a .500 win percentage? If you look at the records, Bicknell is not productive enough for a promotion into anything yet.
    ________
    extreme vaporizer
    Last edited by ST5; 01-18-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar
    Guys,

I ran an AP trace, and beef is none other than:

You found me out!!!!!!

Really, who is that guy?
    BUSH CHENEY 2004

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Stop it AD. I can't bear to see Jerry again.

Varsity Bulldog yobrefstank has turned a few heads around hereyobrefstank has turned a few heads around here yobrefstank's Avatar
    Beef,

Yes, I do think a " Big-Time" program would hire a mid-major "conference coach of the year" and one that took a program picked to finish next to last to the championship in its first year.

We will be lucky to keep him.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beef
    "I think the thing that is frustrating and encouraging is that we competed in all of those games and we could have won them," Tech coach Jack Bicknell said.

Not getting into the endzone is not competing. We did not compete and had no chance of winning that football game against A&M. Sometimes Bicknell makes me sick. He is either content to suck or doesn't recognize suckiness. Either way, a good coach wouldn't have said that.
    What beef would have said... "Uh, I didn't really notice. I thought that the A&M yell leaders were cute though. I really like their milkman uniforms. Hubba, hubba!"

8O :lol:

youbrefstank,

pay attention to who says what so you won't look like an idiot when you reply to stuff. And he's right, Bicknell is a .500 coach.
    BUSH CHENEY 2004

+ Reply to Thread