+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    I am going to see it tonight ... I have been pleased with the majority of the "secular" press it has gotten. I expect, based on user reviews, to be entertained ... The Yahoo review average comes out at a B- currently ... Not bad for a series of articles that spend the majority of their time warning folks that God is mentioned and to keep that in mind before deciding to take their kids ...

Anyway ... anyone else here a big VeggieTales fan? If so, post your reviews here after you catch the film ...

"we don't do anything ..."

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    I just returned from seeing the Vegetables with my son and Vette. I didn't really care for it, but it's not my kinda thing. Vette is a big Vegetable fan and said she really liked it, but it wasn't as good as the others in her opinion. It was rather long, over an hour and a half, and I think some of the younger kids started drifting in their attention focus.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    Even at an hour and a half, I can't imagine my kids getting bored. Was it as musical as the rest of the videos?

Don't spoil it, but tell me there is at least ONE "Silly Songs with Larry" spaced in there!!! :lol:

TDF

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    I don't even know who Larry was, so that might answer your question. There was some singing, maybe about 4 or 5 songs. Maybe the first song they sang was one of the silly ones. I can't really answer that. I told Vette about this thread, but I guess she hasn't been wanting to post lately. I will say this, though. After watching this movie, I discovered that Jonah was British and there were quite a few Brits and Irish in the Middle East during his life.

Varsity Bulldog Vettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the rough Vettewrecker's Avatar
    I was very sad that there was NOT a "Silly Songs with Larry". I guess considering that the movie was so long, they did not think they had time to take a break for Larry. I was happy that the pirates who don't do anything were a big part of the movie. Overall, I agree with the movie ratings of a B-.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar
    During our "off" week, we'll have to do a silly song survey. I'll start it when things slow down.

TDF

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    During our "off" week, we'll have to do a silly song survey. I'll start it when things slow down.

TDF
    Will it include all the Monty Python songs I have on CD?

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar
    Actually ... as far as songs go DO NOT LEAVE UNTIL THE CREDITS ARE COMPLETELY FINISHED. There is no video with it but I think Silly Song's fans will be happy with the credits song that comes on after the pop sounding Jonah song. There were only two groups of people in the theatre to hear the song when we were there so most folks who have seen that movie likely haven't heard it ...

I enjoyed it and I would put it in the upper quarter of VeggieTales productions. FYI, the Madame Blueberry episode is my favorite and the Cheeseburger song is my favorite Silly Song ... uhh no the Hairbrush Song ... ahhh the Cebu song ... nevermind... It did seem to be long for little kids but kids over 5 should have no problem with it ...

I only hope it does well enough in the box office to warrant further full length VeggieTales movies on the big screen. Also, to get the full effect, go to Chick-fil-a afterwards ... They have the kids meal toys for the movie ...

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of
    Thanks for the tip about not leaving early. Would have missed what was probably the biggest laugh in the movie.

I must confess to being a bit disappointed. The show was a bit long for our two year old and just didn't have enough adult humor for the wife and I. A few good bits, but overall, not one of their best efforts.

At best, I'd have to give a C+

+ Reply to Thread