+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top Ten Frustrations

Bulldog dawgpound is an unknown dawgpound's Avatar
    I am a little frustrated and disappointed in our performance this year. Here are my top ten frustrations. Feel free to rearrange, add others, or chastise me for being too negative.

#10 Illegal Procedure Penalties
    #9 Running Kicks back out of the End Zone
    #8 Poor Tackling
    #7 Up the gut running plays on 1st down.
    #6 Too soft pass coverage
    #5 2 yard passes
    #4 No half time adjustments
    #3 No pass rush
    #2 Interceptions

AND

#1 Kicking field goals with 4th and 3 yards or less in the Red Zone

Puppy dhisaw is an unknown
    at least you can communicate your frustrations without attacking the players -- the problems start at the top with the coaches -- the defense can only do so much when the offense keeps giving it away

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    I'll put no halftime adjustments and interceptions as my top 2.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar
    I would include (in no particular order):

Poor game plan - actually we don't make game plans we just hope the other team doesn't either - obviously they do!

Continuing to play players who don't perform - you won't see that sort of thing in any major program. If you don't perform - you sit! Why do we even have a second string QB? If nothing else let him play DB at least he's 6 foot something.

Our denial - we thought we were a better team well now we all know the truth.

Heisman talk - never again I hope.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar
    At least not until we have a true heisman candidate

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    I'm sure glad I didn't waste a trip to Houston this week. I saw all I needed to see last week against A&M. I told you people that this Tech DAWG team was UNDERPERFORMING . Now, maybe you'll believe me.

If I tell you it's Easter, you better go ahead and dye your damn Easter eggs.

HD

From what I heard on the radio, is it that we are underperforming are is it maybe that we are not as good as we hyped ourselves out to be. Look at all of our games minus OSU and Tulsa and we played identical games.

Played very good competitive 1st half games, made no halftime adjustments to any team and had three times as many turnovers than the opposing team.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    Played very good competitive 1st half games, made no halftime adjustments to any team and had three times as many turnovers than the opposing team.
    That is why we are losing in a nutshell. We are being outcoached in the second half. We play very well for two quarters, and then come the adjustments by the other team and the lack of adjustments by us and the blowout is on!

We are "taking what the defense is giving us." How many times have we heard this? Well, it is time for the coaches to realize that the defenses feel very comfortable giving us 2 yard pass plays. I bet they feel they can win the game if we run once for a gain of 2 yards, throw a screen pass for a gain of one, and then give Luke the 2 yard scramble, until he tries to force a pass and throws an interception. I THINK IT MAY BE TIME TO TAKE WHAT THE DEFENSE DOESN'T WANT US TO HAVE!!!

If we keep taking what the defensive coach wants us to take, we will not win another game this year. We are playing right into their hands on purpose!!!

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down
    If I was a defensive coach, I would let us gain 2 yards on every play too. Three 2 yard gains, 4th and 4, then we punt. Bick is such an idoit.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar
    "Bick is such an idoit."

Maybe I'm easily amused, but it always cracks me up when someone calls someone else an idiot and then has a spelling or grammatical error.

We have two weeks to put together a game plan for that powerhouse SMU squad. My prediction is we stretch the defense, doubling the yardage of our typical routes. Yes, you heard it here first, we'll be throwing 4 yards per attempt. Hoowee baby, watch out SMU!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar
    I attended the SMU-SJSU game yesterday in Dallas. That was truly a pitiful sight on both sides. Neither SMU or SJSU has the athletes that LA Tech has.

Seriously, Louisiana Tech SHOULD beat SMU by 50 points. Same with SJSU. Of course, the way Tech is playing right now, we would have serious trouble beating Evangel.

HD

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar
    I agree about the athletic talent. We have the talent (player-wise) to run the table (although I still think we need more out of our receiving corps, other then Norwood). The team has shown that it can compete (See last 15 minutes vs. OSU, first half at Clemson and PSU and first three quarters at aTm). We need solid execution for a full four quarters.

I'm not sure we have the coaching talent though.

Bulldog dawgpound is an unknown dawgpound's Avatar
    OK, I am back to my #1 frustration. I agree that there seems to be coaching problems( no half-time adjustments, poor play calling, etc.), but I still say kicking field goals inside the Red Zone is killing us. For example, last night we kick two inside the ten and miss one just outside the Red Zone(22 yd. line) for a total of six points. I know there is no way to be sure but I would think the odds of getting 14 points if we go are better than 50-50, they may be at least 50-50 to get 21points. Now I am not much of a gambler or a Math major, but if I get a chance to bet $6 with 50-50 odds to win $14 or maybe $21, I will take that bet all the time. Why don't our coaches gamble a little? I know we have a great kicker, but let's use him to win games and kick long field goals.

If we don't do something, this season is going to get UGLY.

Big Dog macp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nice macp38's Avatar
    For the most part I think the problem is NOT talent. It will take someone getting inside these guys heads now that we are in this delimma and helping them get the confidence to overcome this. I too think the 4 power games in the first of the season seemed to take its toll on us in more ways than just injuries.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough
    Macp38...

I totally agree. We DO have a lot of talent, including a very talented QB. But it's becoming extremely appaarent that these guys have absolutely no leadership.

The casual attitude I observed on the Tech bench last night when things were going to hell in a handbasket should have been intoerable. I was alarmed that when a unit came off the field after a setback, in most cases there was no coach in their face!!! Just business as usual, ho-hum!!

the offense would come off after a big give-away and there seemed to be no concern whatsoever. Luke seemed more concerned with getting that stupid baseball cap on backwards in that Neanderthal, challenged IQ, backwards position than in finding out what he did wrong!!! But I don't blame him. He's just a kid. I blame those who are getting paid to take care of that sort of stuff.

There just seemed to be no ungency on the part of the coaching staff that was evident!!!!! I recall attending -- in the distant past for most of you -- Tech's match-up against Alabama in 1966 in Birmingham. Remember, this was when we were a "small college" and it was unheard of in that particular era for someone like Tech to get a game against a National Champ. We were sitting just a few rows up directly behind the Alabama bench. Most everyone there -- including the Alabama players apparently -- thought it would be a very easy slaughter. Well, Alabama got the kickoff and 4 plays later they punted from about 4th and 25.

When the offense came off the field, Bear Bryant came over and gave them one of the most violent dressing downs I have ever heard. He said, in effect, that they're going to keep kicking your ass until you realize you're going to have to get out there and earn every yard. Well, Tech hung in ther and it was still a close defensive game at the half, but Bear never let up on the offense, and they finally got charged up and came out and showed that they had superior talent. The point is that the head coach was in their face immediately when things were'nt working out and it certainly changed the "work ethic" of the offense.

Incidentally, here's a bit of trivia from that game. TB was a freshman and Phil Robertson was the starting QB and Kenny Stabler was the QB for Alabama. TB did get in the game in the 4th Q and this was the first of many meetings between Terry and Kenny!

+ Reply to Thread